The General Awareness Section plays an important role in scoring well above cut off marks in any competitive exam. The Banking Awareness and Static Awareness questions asked in the General Awareness Section are based on Current Affairs mainly. So you need to prepare well this section to score good marks. Here is the Daily GK Update to get you acquainted with the top events that made the headlines today!
- Chief of the Army Staff – General Bipin Rawat.
- Australia Capital: Canberra, Currency: Australian Dollar.
4. Facebook Chooses London As Base For WhatsApp Payments
i. Facebook has chosen London as the centre for the global roll-out of WhatsApp pay, before the social media giant launches its digital payments service on the mobile messaging platform in India.
ii. WhatsApp would hire nearly 100 people in London to focus on the digital payments service and additional operations staff would be hired in Dublin.
- WHO Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland, Director-General: Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
- The Reserve Bank of India’s data on the deployment of gross credit across different sectors shows healthy credit growth in the services sector followed by retail sector.
- Credit growth in services sector till the middle of February was 23.7% and in retail sector it was 16.7%. Credit growth in the industry sector was 5.6%.
- Afghanistan Capital: Kabul, Currency: Afghan Afghani.
You may also like to Read: