- Oman Capital: Muscat, Currency: Omani rial.
- National Security Guard (NSG) formally came into being in September 1986.
- Sudeep Lakhtakia is the present Director General of NSG.
i. The Registrar of Geographical Indications, Government of India, accorded a GI tag, ‘Sirsi Supari’, to arecanut grown in Sirsi, Siddpaur and Yellapur taluks of Uttara Kannada district in Karnataka.
ii. The Totagars’ Cooperative Sale Society (TSS) Ltd, a Sirsi-based agri cooperative, is the registered proprietor of the GI ‘Sirsi Supari’.
i. India has extended a grant assistance of up to USD 250 million to Nepal for the reconstruction of infrastructures in the areas of housing, education, health and cultural heritage that was destroyed during the devastating April 2015 earthquake which saw the death of over 9,000 people.
ii. During the India-Nepal Joint Project Monitoring Committee meeting in New Delhi, officials from the two countries reviewed the progress of post-earthquake reconstruction projects.
Ranks and Reports
1. SEPOY VRAHMA PAL SINGH, THE RAJPUT REGIMENT (POSTHUMOUS): ARMY
2. SHRI RAJENDRA KUMAR NAIN, CONSTABLE, 130 BN, CRPF (POSTHUMOUS): MHA.
3. MAJOR TUSHARGAUBA, THE JAT REGIMENT: ARMY.
- SBI Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar, Headquarters: Mumbai, Founded: 1 July 1955.
10. Special Olympics World Games 2019 in The UAE Makes History
- UAE Capital: Abu Dhabi, Currency: United Arab Emirates Dirham.
You may also like to Read: