1. Bharti Axa Ties Up With Airtel Payments Bank To Offer Jeevan Jyoti Bima
i. Bharti Axa Life Insurance and Airtel Payments Bank entered into an alliance to offer the ‘Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana’ (PMJJBY), a government-backed life insurance scheme. The alliance will leverage Airtel Payments Bank’s vast network to reach deep rural pockets and serve the under-insured. With this, Airtel Payments Bank also becomes the first payments bank in India to offer the Government of India-backed life insurance scheme.
ii. The product (PMJJBY) provided by Bharti Axa Life Insurance offers Rs 2 lakh life insurance cover for a nominal premium of Rs 330 per annum and can be purchased by all existing or new Airtel Payments Bank savings bank account holders between the ages of 18-50.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for Indian Bank PO Exam 2018-
- CEO of Airtel Payments Bank- Anubrata Biswas
- Headquarters of Airtel Payments Bank- New Delhi
2. BSNL Launches VOIP Based WINGS Service
i. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) has launched BSNL WINGS a VOIP based service. In WINGS, there is no SIM or cable wiring as is a VOIP service through an app. The WINGS service offers unlimited free audio/video calling for one year. The service can be activ BSNL WINGS a VOIP ated with a one-time fee of Rs. 1,099 (Rs 1,297 with GST).
ii. Calls can be made using any data connection such as wired broadband, Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G network of any any operator.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for IBPS RRB Mains 2018-
- BSNL was incorporated on 15th September 2000.
- Headquarters of BSNL is in New Delhi.
- Anupam Shrivastava is the Chairman & Managing Director and Director of BSNL.
3. Nihal Sarin Becomes 53rd Chess Grandmaster From India
i. International Master Nihal Sarin became the 53rd Grandmaster of India despite losing his final round game to Richard Rapport of Hungary in the ninth and final round of Abu Dhabi Masters.
ii. The 14-year-old Nihal tallied 5.5 points out of a possible nine and the final GM norm came the Kerala boy’s way with one round to spare.
4. Legendary India Captain Ajit Wadekar Passes Away At 77
i. Former India cricket captain Ajit Wadekar, who led the team to path-breaking Test wins in England and the West Indies, passed away after prolonged illness. He was 77.
ii. The aggressive batsman was a trailblazer in Indian cricket despite a mere 37 Test appearances, leading India to triumphs in England and the West Indies in 1971. Wadekar scored 2,113 runs in his Test career, including one hundred, and was also the country’s first ODI captain.
5. Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee has passes Away