The General Awareness Section plays an important role in scoring well above cut off marks in any competitive exam. The Banking Awareness and Static Awareness questions asked in the General Awareness Section are based on Current Affairs mainly. So you need to prepare well this section to score good marks. Here is the Daily GK Update to get you acquainted with the top events that made the headlines today!
- The ship was commissioned on April 12, 1990.
- Sunil Lanba is the 23rd Chief of the Naval Staff of the Indian Navy.
- Vice Admiral Karambir Singh has been appointed as the next Chief of Naval Staff.
- Botswana Capital: Gaborone, Currency: Botswana pula.
- Iran Capital: Tehran, Currency: Iranian rial.
- The United Nations Sasakawa Award is the most prestigious international award in the area of Disaster Risk Management.
- Geological Survey of India (GSI) was founded in 1851 with primary goal of finding coal deposits for the Railways.
- It is an attached office to the Ministry of Mines and it is Headquartered in Kolkata.
- Graphite is the most stable allotrope of Carbon, with standard entropy being zero.
- 2015 World cup was held jointly in Australia and New Zealand.
- Australia (5th title) was the champion team.
- New Zealand team was runner up.
You may also like to Read: