The General Awareness Section plays an important role in scoring well above cut off marks in any competitive exam. The Banking Awareness and Static Awareness questions asked in the General Awareness Section are based on Current Affairs mainly. So you need to prepare well this section to score good marks. Here is the Daily GK Update to get you acquainted with the top events that made the headlines today!
- ISRO Director: K. Sivan, Headquarters: Bengaluru, Established in: 1969.
- It was the 17th General Elections that was conducted in India.
- Sunil Arora is the Chief Election Commissioner of India.
- Ashok Lavasa and Sushil Chandra are 2 Election Commissioner of India.
i. Taiwan Expo 2019 began in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
ii. The representative of Taipei Economic and Cultural Centre Tien Chung-Kwang and Chairman of Taiwan External Trade Development Council, TAITRA James CF Huang inaugurated the three-day event in the presence of Joint Secretary Praveen Bonigala and ITPO Chairman LC Goyal.
- Bond-i was first issued in August 2018 by the World Bank, with the CommBank being a sole arranger.
i. South African Saray Khumalo has reached the highest point on the planet becoming the first black African woman to scale Mount Everest.
ii. This was her fourth attempt at climbing Mount Everest. In a previous attempt in May 2017, Khumalo had to be rescued from Mount Everest by helicopter.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For SSC CGL 2019:
- Mount Everest is the world’s highest mountain at its official elevation of 8 848m above sea level.
- Sir Edmund Hillary and Nepalese Sherpa mountaineer Tenzing Norgay were the first people to reach the mountain’s summit on May 29, 1953.
- Hardayal Prasad is the MD & CEO of SBI Card.
- SBI Card was launched in October 1998 by the State Bank of India and GE Capital.
- SBI Card is headquartered in Gurgaon, Haryana.
Ranks and Reports
- United Nations Headquarters in New York, USA.
- It was founded on 24 October 1945.
- Mr Antonio Guterres of Portugal is the Secretary-General of the United Nations.
You may also like to Read: