1. Ministry of Women and Child Development Organises POSHAN Abhiyaan TECH-THON
ii. ICDS- Common Application Software has been specially designed to strengthen the Service Delivery System as well as the mechanism for Real-Time Monitoring for nutritional outcomes.
- POSHAN Abhiyaan was launched by the Prime Minister in March 2018 in Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan.
- Smt. Maneka Gandhi is the present Minister of Ministry of Woman and Child Development.
ii. The objective of the celebration of this Day is to acknowledge the contribution of Prof. PC Mahalanobis and to pay homage to him.
iii. On the occasion, Vice President of India released a commemorative coin of Rs 125 and circulation coin of Rs 5 denomination as a mark of respect/homage to Prof. Mahalanobis.
ii. A total of 20 countries, including India, announced contributions to the 2018 budget of the UNRWA for Palestine Refugees in the Near East during a meeting.
4. Suresh Prabhu Launches Mobile App ‘ReUnite’
ii. The app is multiuser where parents and citizens can upload pictures of children, and provide detailed description like name, birthmark, address, report to the police station, search and identify missing kids.
5. Rajnath Singh Approves ‘Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal’
ii. Mr Singh has also instituted three more Medals,
- Israel Capital- Jerusalem, Currency- Israeli new shekel, Prime Minister- Benjamin Netanyahu.
ii. Indian Naval ships INS Shakti and INS Kamorta under the command of Rear Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi, Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet, undertook Passage Exercise with Indonesian Naval Ship KRI Madidihang (855) on leaving the Port of Makassar, Indonesia.
- Indonesia Capital- Jakarta, Currency- Indonesian rupiah, President- Joko Widodo.
ii. The government recently appointed Sriram as managing director and CEO of IDBI Bank for a temporary period of three months.
- Rajnish Kumar is Chairman of the State Bank of India.
- IDBI was constituted under Industrial DevelopmenBanknk of India Act, 1964.
- The Head office of IDBI is in Mumbai.
ii. It subsequently converted into an NBFC-MFI. It became a business correspondent for RBL Bank in 2014 and transferred its microcredit portfolio to the bank. In November 2017, RBL Bank increased its stake in Swadhaar to 60.48%.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for SBI PO/Clerk Exam 2018-
- RBL Bank Headquarters: Mumbai, MD & CEO: Vishwavir Ahuja, Founded: August 1943.
- North Korea Capital- Pyongyang, Currency- North Korean won, Supreme Leader- Kim Jong-un.
ii. Hong Kong is ranked as the world’s costliest city to live in for expatriates, followed by Tokyo, Zurich, Singapore, and Seoul.
12. Dutee Chand Sets New National Record In Women’s 100m
ii. The previous record of 11.30 seconds was also held by Dutee, which she achieved at the Indian Grand Prix in 2017. Dutee has qualified for the Asian Games in 100m and 200m by breaching the qualifying timings at the Inter-State Championships.
13. Rani Rampal Announced Captain of Indian Women’s Hockey Team
ii. India has been placed in Pool B alongside hosts and world no. 2 England, world no. 7 USA and world no. 16 Ireland. Goalkeeper Savita has been named vice-captain.
14. NASA To Launch World’s Lightest Satellite Designed By Chennai Students
ii. The students built the 4cm ‘cube’ satellite ‘Jaihind-1S’ with a 3D printed outer casing from polylactic acid (PLA) nylon material, making it lighter than a medium sized egg, at just 33.39 grams.
- NASA- National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
- NASA was founded in 1958.
- Jim Bridenstine is the 13th Administrator of NASA.