2. Lalit Kala Akademi celebrates 65th Foundation Day
- Union Culture and Tourism Minister: Prahlad Singh Patel.
3. RBI imposes Rs 11 cr fine on 7 PSBs for violating norms
- Allahabad Bank and Bank of Maharashtra have been imposed with a penalty of Rs 2 crore each.
- Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank and United Bank of India have been imposed with a penalty of Rs 1.5 crore each.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce has been imposed with a penalty of Rs 1 crore.
- Governor of RBI: Shaktikant Das; Headquarters: Mumbai; Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata.
4. Noel Quinn becomes interim CEO of HSBC
5. Debashis Chatterjee becomes MD and CEO of Mindtree
- Capital of Thailand: Bangkok, Currency of Thailand: Baht.
- Human Resources Development Minister: Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank.
- Chairman of DRDO : G Satheesh Reddy, Established in : 1958.
- Headquarters of DRDO: New Delhi.
9. Veteran Gujarati journalist Kanti Bhatt passes away
11. Lewis Hamilton wins Hungarian Grand Prix
13. French inventor crosses English Channel on ‘Flyboard’
- Headquarter of ISRO: Bengaluru; Established in: 15 Aug 1969.