Business and Banking News
5. Ola gets green light for London taxi business
i. India’s biggest ride-hailing platform Ola Cabs, has received approval from London’s transport regulator to start private hire vehicles (PHV) in the capital city of the UK.
ii. Ola will be the first ever platform to offer both PHVs and black cabs in the UK.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For SBI PO/Clerk Mains:
- CEO of OLA: Bhavish Aggarwal; Headquarters: Bengaluru.
6. ‘Vasool So-Ft’ launched to digitize NPA recovery process
i. Karnataka Bank Ltd has launched the web tool ‘Vasool So-Ft’ (Vasool So-Fast) for digitalising the Non Performing Asset recovery process of the bank.
ii. The digital tool for the recovery of stressed assets will provide an end to end digital solution. It will enable easy and faster processing, real time information and immediate decision making in the recovery area.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For ESIC:
- MD & CEO of Karnataka Bank Ltd: Mahabaleshwara MS; Headquarters: Mangaluru.
7. Ursula von der Leyen elected as next EU president
i. European Commission has elected Ursula von der Leyen as its new president.
ii. She will replace Jean Claude Juncker. She has become the first woman to be elected to lead the EU’s executive arm.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For EPFO/LIC ADO Mains:
- Headquarters of European Commission: Brussels, Belgium.
8. Duty Free shops at Dubai airports to accept Indian currency
i. Dubai Duty Free has announced that Indian Rupee will now be an accepted currency at all the retail outlets of the Dubai airport.
ii. The move makes the Indian rupee the 16th international currency to be accepted at Dubai’s airports.
iii. Stores at the Dubai Airport will accept notes of various denominations, including 100s, 200s, 500s and 2000s.
9. First ‘Aadhaar Seva Kendra’ in Delhi and Vijayawada
i. Unique Identification Authority of India has opened its first ‘Aadhaar Seva Kendra’ in Delhi and Vijayawada.
ii. The Aadhaar card issuing authority has an ambitious plan to set up 114 such centres by the year end.
iii. These centres will provide the facility to apply for a new Aadhaar card or update the existing ones. These centres are similar to Passport Seva Kendras run by the Ministry of External Affairs.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For RRB NTPC/IBPS RRB Mains:
- CEO of UIDAI: Ajay Bhushan Pandey; Founded: 12 July, 2016.