i. The fourth edition of the Raisina Dialogue has begun in New Delhi. Norway Prime Minister Ms. Erna Solberg delivered inaugural address in presence of PM Narendra Modi and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
ii. The theme of the Dialogue this year is “A World Reorder: New Geometries; Fluid Partnerships; Uncertain Outcomes”.
4. In A Historic Move, Private FM Channels Permitted to Carry All India Radio News
- Chairman of Prasar Bharati is A. Surya Prakash.
- CEO of Prasar Bharati is Shashi Shekhar Vempati.
- Bangladesh Capital: Dhaka, Currency- Bangladesh taka.
7. Malaysia’s King Muhammad V Becomes 1st Monarch To Resign Before Completing Tenure
- Malaysia Capital: Kuala Lumpur, Currency: Malaysian ringgit.
i. Civil Aviation Security head and senior IPS officer Kumar Rajesh Chandra was appointed as the director general of the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
ii. Chandra, a 1985-batch IPS officer of Bihar cadre, is at present the director general of the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS). He has been appointed as SSB DG up to December 31, 2021, i.e., the date of his superannuation, the order said.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For IBPS Clerk Mains Exam:
- The SSB, which has about 80,000 personnel, guards India’s borders with Nepal and Bhutan.
i. Alok Verma has been reinstated as the CBI chief by the Supreme Court, three months after the government divested him of his powers and sent him on forced leave. Alok Verma and his deputy Rakesh Asthana were both sent on leave in October amid a bitter feud between the CBI’s top two.
ii. Supreme Court strikes down CBI Chief Alok Verma’s removal. However, at present, Alok Verma cannot take any major policy decisions. Supreme Court stated that the High Power Committee under the DSPE Act needs to act within a week to consider Alok Verma’s case.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For IBPS Clerk Mains Exam 2018:
- The 46th Chief Justice of India is Mr. Ranjan Gogoi.
i. World Bank President, Jim Yong Kim has made the surprise announcement that he is stepping down after six years in the post. His resignation will take effect from 1 February.
ii. Mr. Kim, 59, was not due to leave until 2022 after he was re-elected for a second five-year term in 2017.
11. CSO Forecasts Indian Economy To Grow At 7.2% In 2018-19
12. Per Capita Income Doubled In 7 Years: CSO
i. The income earned by an average Indian doubled in 7 years, from Rs 63,642 per year in 2011-12 to Rs 1.25 lakh in 2018-19, the first advance estimates of national income released by the Central Statistics Office (CSO) show.
ii. The year-on-year growth in per capita income had touched its bottom in 2017-18 under the current national accounts series (the base year 2011-12) at 8.6 %. In 2018-19, it has bounced back to 11.1%. Per capita net national income in nominal terms has been taken as an indicator representative of the average income per person.