- Yerevan is the Capital of Armenia.
- Its currency is Armenian dram.
- She has been the recipient of many coveted awards in the past, including Hindi Akademi Awards, Shiroman Awards, Maithli Sharan Gupt Samman, Sahitya Akademi Fellowship and Padma Bhushan.
- Jnanpith Award for 2016 was given to Shankha Ghosh.
Jnanpith Award is India’s highest literary honour.
First Jnanpith Award was given to G. Sankara Kurup in 1965.
It was instituted in 1961 by Bharatiya Jnanpith trust founded by the Sahu Shanti Prasad Jain family.
ii. India is the current chair of International Energy Forum (IEF) which is promoting the AMER – a biennial event bringing together Energy Ministers and experts from Asian countries.
- Bangkok is the capital of Thailand.
- Thailand is a constitutional monarchy.
ii. The U.K.-based lexicographer found that the use of “fake news” registered a 365% rise in the last 12 months. ‘Fake news’ takes over from Brexit — which was named the definitive word last year.
ii. He will replace Richard Verma as the top American diplomat to India.
- Donald Trump is the 45th President of the United States.
ii. With this DRDO announced that this bomb will soon be inducted into the armed forces. Named SAAW (Smart Anti Airfield Weapon), it was dropped from an IAF aircraft at the Integrated Test Range (ITR).
- S Christopher is the present Chairman of DRDO.
- General Bipin Rawat is the present and 27th Chief of Army Staff.
ii. Now AU Small Finance Bank will be able to do borrowing and lending with RBI under Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) and Marginal Standing Facility (MSF).
- Sanjay Agarwal, MD & CEO, AU Small Finance Bank.
- AU Small Finance Bank started its banking operation from April 19, 2017.
ii. ONGC’s acquisition of 51.11 percent stake in HPCL is in line with the government’s plan to create an integrated energy major with businesses spread across the hydrocarbon value chain.
- ONGC stands for Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited.
- Shashi Shankar has been recently appointed CMD of ONGC.
ii. The Focus will be on projects across backend infrastructure, cold chain creation of new processing units, expansion of existing units, forward linkages and food processing clusters in various locations in India, amongst others.
- Yes Bank Headquarters in Mumbai.
- CEO of Yes Bank is Rana Kapoor.
i. The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has built the world’s highest motorable road at a height of over 19,300 feet. The road has been constructed in the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir.
ii. The 86-kilometre long strategic road has been constructed under ‘Project Himank’ of the BRO.
- Lt Gen SK Shrivastava is the Director General Border Roads Organization.
ii. Two years ago, the Punjab and Haryana high court had ruled that a degree in ‘computer science’ obtained through distance mode could not be considered at par with one attained by attending regular classes.
- Justice Dipak Misra is the present and 45th Chief Justice of India.
ii. A circular issued by the Department stated the cultivator and the trader will also not have to provide their Permanent Account Number.
- Sushil Chandra is the Chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
Click Here To Read in Hindi
You may also like to Read:
- Study notes of banking awareness for IBPS Exam 2017
- More questions of banking awareness for bank exams