Current affairs are the part and parcel of every government examination. It also play a significant role in bank exams. Banking examination is getting popular day by day. Most of the bank examination has almost the same structure and contains Quantitative aptitude, Reasoning, English as the main pillar of the banking examination. The mains examination has general awareness as one of the important parts. However, the RBI Grade B examination has a considerable amount of general awareness section. The current affairs can be found in the general awareness section of the banking examination. It is important due to the presence of sectional cut-off present in most of the banking examination. In this article, we will provide you with the importance of current affairs in banking examination and tips to conquer this section.
This package Includes IBPS RRB Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
IBPS RRB Mains, IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, LIC ASSISTANT, IBPS SO, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Assistant, IBPS RRB PO Prelims, etc.
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques, and more...
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 8 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
Current Affairs Strategy for bank exams
As the current affairs section has a limited score in bank exams, giving too much time to this can hinder your overall preparation. The banking examination can be aced through giving focus to efficient topics which found its relevance in banking examination. Aspirants need to focus more on productive preparation which can provide maximum results in the examination. The general awareness section basically is composed of three parts: financial awareness, current affairs, and static gk. Current affairs related to banking and non-banking finds a place in the question paper.
A candidate needs to go through the last 5-6 months of current affairs and revise them religiously for best outcomes. There is no need to go beyond the last 6 months of current affairs for the bank exam. Read daily current affairs and daily current quizzes. Let’s dig deep inside the current affairs part to acing through the current affairs:
- Current news related to banking sectors.
- Major Reforms in the financial sector.
- Agreement and MOUs (Memorandum of Understanding).
- Summits & its theme
- Business Deals affecting economy and nation.
- Latest Government schemes
- Important dates of the months
- Sports-related news.
- Famous books and its authors
- Person in News
- Awards/ Rewards
- Ranks and reports
- National and International news
- Defense & Security
- Science and technology news (ISRO, DRDO)
- State related news
An aspirant need not go to politics and the city section of the newspaper and current affairs as they are not asked in the banking examination.
You can look for our daily efforts which can help you to ace current affairs and general awareness section without giving much time in searching for the right material. Given below are the links:
Importance of Current Affairs:
Current affairs are considered one of the most important and difficult parts of a banking examination. The reason being that is current affairs are diverse in nature. They can be of indefinite range and do not follow any particular pattern like quantitative aptitude and reasoning does. But still, you don’t have a choice to stay away from it. Here are a few importance of current affairs for banking:
- There is a sectional cut-off in most of the banking examination. So to ace through the mains section, a candidate has to go prepare current affairs at any cost.
- The current affairs are in general awareness section of the bank exam and current news related to banking and financial system are asked.
- The candidate aspiring to pursue his/her career in the banking sector must know the economic status and the news around related to it.
- Current affairs not only helps in mains examination but also helps in acing interview of banking exams.
- If a candidate is aspiring to join India’s Central bank RBI as an RBI Grade B Officer, the current affairs become even more relevant.
- Current affairs can fetch you marks easily as if you know the answers you will not have to waste a single minute on picking up the options.
Tips for candidates to ace current affairs
- Read newspaper daily
- Watch news channel for relevant news
- Read a monthly magazine of current events
- Solve daily quizzes
- Use internet in a good sense
- Make notes of important topics