Banking examination is the most sort after examination but demands a lot of smart efforts. Banking exams are gaining much popularity with every passing day. Most of the banking examination has a higher weightage of Quantitative Aptitude (Maths) and Reasoning. However, General Awareness forms a major part and parcel of almost all the banking examination. It’s quantity varies from one exam to other. Current Affairs has a major role to play in the General Awareness section. For a candidate who wants to crack the major competitive examination including banking, insurance, SSC, etc, it is important to have a comprehensive view of current affairs. This article is dedicated to deal with the Current Affairs role in the banking exam and how to ace through it.
This package Includes IBPS RRB Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
IBPS RRB Mains, IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, LIC ASSISTANT, IBPS SO, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Assistant, IBPS RRB PO Prelims, etc.
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques, and more...
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 8 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
Why to give more focus to Current Affairs?
Current Affairs are a major part of almost all the banking examination. It keeps you updated and also enhance your skill. Most of the banking exam like IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, etc has current affairs in the Mains stage rather than Prelims stage. However, RBI Grade B, SEBI, NABARD, IDBI Asst Manager, etc has a major portion of current affairs in the General/ Financial Awareness section in their Prelims stage as well. Here are some points to help you understand the role of Current Affairs:
- Current affairs forms the major part of General Awareness Section.
- It has a major role to play in the mains exam as most of the banking exam has GA in the mains stage.
- The Current Affairs also helps in preparing you for the Interview and GD stage of the exam.
- It is necessary for all the aspirants who are preparing for various competitive examination to update themselves with the current news going around.
- It not only enhances your ability to read but also increases the level of knowledge.
What to Study in Current Affairs?
Now, after knowing the importance of Current Affairs, aspirants must be looking for all the topics to grab their focus on. Especially, candidates who are about to appear in the IBPS PO Mains and LIC Assistant Mains Exam must be worried to ace through the Current Affairs section. This is a dynamic area to deal with but you can make your mark. This section will fetch you marks easily.
Topics to cover:
- Government schemes and policies
- News related to banking and economy
- News of national and international importance
- Famous book and their authors
- Important dates and events
- Appointment & Resignation
- Ranks & Reports
- Science & Technology
- Sports News
- Defence Exercise
Financial and Banking awareness
- RBI and its functions
- Exchange rates
- National and international trade
- Functions of other important financial institutions like NABARD, SEBI, etc
- Banking acronyms
- Union and state budget
- News norms of RBI, etc.