Table of Contents
Current Affairs 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs 2023 is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 05th June 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs 2023 part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 05th June 2023 covering the following news headlines: Railway kavach system, UN General Assembly, World Meteorological Organization, Mission Vatsalya, Spanish Grand Prix 2023.
Top 15 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 15 important Daily General Knowledge 2023 updates with national & international news.
1. What is Railway kavach system?
- A significant step towards improving train operation safety in India has been taken by Ministry of Railways with the development of Kavach, an indigenous Automatic Train Protection System.
- The Research Designs and Standards Organisation (RDSO) collaborated with three Indian vendors to create Kavach, which assists locomotive pilots in avoiding Signal Passing At Danger (SPAD) and over speeding, while also aiding train operation during adverse weather conditions such as dense fog.
- By automatically applying brakes when necessary, Kavach ensures better control of train speed and prevents potential accidents.
2. UAE to Host World’s Largest Conservation Conference in 2025
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has emerged victorious in the bid to host the prestigious World Conservation Congress (WCC) in 2025. The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) has chosen Abu Dhabi as the venue for this momentous event.
- The WCC, renowned as the world’s largest gathering of conservationists, is expected to attract over 10,000 delegates from more than 160 countries.
- Taking place from October 10-21, 2025, the conference will serve as a critical platform for global environmentalists to address pressing challenges and formulate innovative solutions for a sustainable future.
3. Ahmednagar Renamed Ahilyadevi Nagar: A Move to Empower the Dhangar Community
- The Maharashtra government has recently announced the renaming of Ahmednagar district to Ahilyadevi Nagar in honor of the 18th-century warrior-queen Ahilyadevi Holkar.
- This decision is seen as a significant step to appease and empower the Dhangar community, which holds considerable numerical strength in Maharashtra’s population.
- The move is part of a larger strategy by the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to diversify its support base and reduce the dominance of the Maratha community in the state’s politics.
4. Dennis Francis elected 78th UNGA president
- The 193 UN Member States, elected a veteran diplomat from Trinidad and Tobago, Dennis Francis as the President of the 78th session of the UN General Assembly.
- Francis, who has had a nearly 40-year-career, will take the helm of the UN’s main policy-making body, starting in September.
- He was elected by acclamation during a ceremony in the iconic General Assembly Hall at UN Headquarters in New York. The General Assembly consists of all 193 UN Member States, all of which have an equal vote.
5. UAE’s Abdulla Al Mandous wins Presidency of World Meteorological Organization
- A meteorologist of United Arab Emirates (UAE) Dr Abdulla Al Mandous has been elected as the new President of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) for a four-year term from 2023 to 2027.
- The WMO is an authoritative body within the UN system that focuses on weather, climate, hydrological, and related environmental fields. He will succeed Prof Gerhard Adrian from the German Meteorological Service, who served as WMO President since June 2019.
6. Regulator Directs SBI Life to Take Over Sahara Life Policies
- In a significant move, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has directed SBI Life Insurance Co to take over the life insurance business of Sahara India Life Insurance Co (SILIC) with immediate effect.
- The decision comes as Sahara Life failed to comply with IRDAI’s directives and neglected to protect the interests of policyholders.
- The deteriorating financial position of Sahara Life, characterized by mounting losses and a higher percentage of claims to total premium, necessitated this intervention to safeguard policyholders’ interests.
7. RBI Imposes Rs 2.20 Crore Penalty on Indian Overseas Bank for Rule Violations
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 2.20 crore on Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) for violating various rules and regulations.
- The penalty was imposed due to the bank’s failure to make a minimum mandatory transfer of a sum equivalent to 25 percent of its disclosed profit and a significant divergence between the non-performing assets (NPAs) reported by the bank and those assessed during inspection.
Schemes and Committees News
8. NIPCCD organized a Refresher Training Programme on Mission Vatsalya
- The National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD) is an autonomous organization headquartered in New Delhi, India.
- To develop and promote voluntary action in social development: NIPCCD works towards encouraging and supporting voluntary organizations and individuals involved in social development initiatives.
- The recent Refresher Training Programme organized by NIPCCD was focused on Mission Vatsalya. Mission Vatsalya is a scheme aimed at achieving development and child protection priorities aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
9. Government Sets Up 3-Member Panel to Probe Manipur Violence
- The Indian government has established a commission of inquiry, led by former Chief Justice of the Gauhati High Court, Ajai Lamba, to investigate the recent series of violent incidents in Manipur.
- With more than 80 lives lost, the violence and riots have targeted members of various communities. The commission aims to delve into the causes, spread, and administrative response to these tragic events.
10. Max Verstappen wins Spanish Grand Prix 2023
- Max Verstappen emerged victorious at the Spanish Grand Prix, clinching the pole position and extending his lead in the Formula One championship by 53 points.
- Red Bull’s dominance continued as they celebrated their seventh consecutive triumph of the season.
- Lewis Hamilton, a seven-time world champion, secured the second spot for Mercedes but trailed a substantial 24.090 seconds behind Verstappen.
11. World Environment Day 2023: History, Theme, Poster, Significance And Slogan
- World Environment Day is celebrated on June 5 every year to raise awareness and encourage action for the protection of our planet. It was first established by the United Nations General Assembly in 1972, and since then, over 150 countries participate in various activities to celebrate this day.
- World Environment Day is an important day to raise awareness and encourage action for the protection of our planet. The 50th anniversary of World Environment Day will be hosted by Côte D’Ivoire, with the theme of “solutions to plastic pollution”.
12. International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing 2023
- International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing is celebrated on June 5 every year. The day was proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly in 2017 to raise awareness of the problem of illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing.
- IUU fishing is a major threat to global fish stocks and the marine environment. It is estimated that IUU fishing costs the global economy up to $23 billion per year. IUU fishing can also lead to overfishing, habitat destruction, and the loss of biodiversity.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Food and Agriculture Organization Head: Qu Dongyu
- Food and Agriculture Organization Headquarters: Rome, Italy.
- Food and Agriculture Organization Established: 16 October 1945.
13. International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression 2023
- The International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression, observed every year on June 4, brings attention to children who experience various forms of aggression.
- It serves as a solemn reminder of the suffering endured by countless children globally, regardless of the specific type of abuse they endure.
14. Veteran actress Sulochana Latkar passes away at 94
- Veteran actress Sulochana Latkar has passed away at the age of 94. She has been a part of 300 films, including Hindi and Marathi.
- Some of her popular films include Ab Dilli Dur Nahin, Sujata, Aaye Din Bahar Ke, Dil Deke Dekho, Aasha, and Majboor, Nai Roshni, Aayi Milan Ki Bela, Gora Aur Kala, Devar, Bandini amongst others.
15. Malayalam actor Kollam Sudhi passes away in car accident
- Cine artiste and television personality Kollam Sudhi passed away. The late Malayalam actor was 39. Sudhi was a popular comedian and actor in Malayalam cinema.
- He made his debut in the 2015 film “Kaanthaari” and went on to star in films such as “Kuttappanayil Ritwik Roshan”, “Kuttanadu Marappa”, “An International Local Story” and “Kesu Evideyo”.
- He was also a popular face on television, having hosted several shows. Sudhi made his debut in films in 2015 and in a short time was able to make a mark.
Important Current Affairs of 05th June 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!