Table of Contents
Current Affairs 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs 2023 is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 06th June 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs 2023 part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 06th June 2023 covering the following news headlines: Sedition Law in India, Dettol Climate Resilient School, Mekedatu Project, Smriti Mandhana, Green GDP.
Top 16 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 16 important Daily General Knowledge 2023 updates with national & international news.
1. Sedition Law in India: Retaining, Reforming, or Repealing?
- The 22nd Law Commission’s recent report on Section 124A of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) has recommended retaining the sedition law while proposing amendments and procedural safeguards to prevent its misuse.
- Sedition laws originated in 17th century England and were introduced in India through the IPC in 1870.
2. Railways Expend Over Rs 1 Lakh Crore on Safety Measures between 2017-2018 and 2021-22
- The Indian Railways has invested more than Rs 1 lakh crore in safety measures between the fiscal years 2017-2018 and 2021-2022, with a significant focus on track renewal. This information comes in response to claims made by Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge, who criticized the government over a recent train accident in Balasore, Odisha.
- The government is set to address a report by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India, which Kharge cited to question the allocation of funds for track renewal. However, official data reveals a steady growth in expenditure on safety-related works, countering the claims of reduced funding.
3. Germany’s Economic Downturn: Fourth Largest Global Economy Slips into Recession
- Germany, the fourth largest economy in the world, is currently facing a recession due to a decline in the Euro and an unexpected contraction in the economy during the first three months of 2023.
- This contraction, marking the second consecutive quarter of decline, meets one definition of a recession.
4. Reckitt launches first Dettol Climate Resilient School in Uttarakhand
- On World Environment Day, Reckitt inaugurated the inaugural Dettol Climate Resilient School in Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand, as part of its Dettol Banega Swasth India campaign. This initiative aims to provide schools with the necessary tools and knowledge to build climate-resilient communities.
- Uttarakhand is highly susceptible to the negative impacts of climate change due to various factors like melting glaciers, population growth, seismic activities, and excessive exploitation of natural resources.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Uttarakhand Founded: 9 November 2000;
- Uttarakhand Chief minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami;
- Uttarakhand Official tree: Rhododendron arboreum;
- Uttarakhand Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer).
5. Mekedatu Project: Karnataka Urges Tamil Nadu’s Support for Balancing Reservoir
- The Mekedatu project has recently become a topic of discussion in the news, with Karnataka’s Deputy Chief Minister, D K Shivakumar, advocating for the construction of a balancing reservoir across the Cauvery River near Kanakapura.
- Shivakumar, who is also the Karnataka Congress president and an MLA from Kanakapura, emphasized the need for the project’s preparations and highlighted its potential benefits for both Bengaluru and the farmers in Tamil Nadu.
6. Nirmala Lakshman named as new Chairperson of The Hindu Group
- Ms. Nirmala Lakshman has been appointed Chairperson of the Board of Directors of The Hindu Group Publishing Private Limited (THGPPL) for a term of three years.
- She succeeds Ms. Malini Parthasarathy, who stepped down as Chairperson at the Board’s meeting, June 5, 2023 upon nearing the completion of her three-year term.
7. Wrangler signs Smriti Mandhana as brand ambassador
- Ace Turtle Omni Pvt Ltd., a retail company, has appointed Indian cricketer Smriti Mandhana as the brand ambassador of its Wrangler brand. The company is the exclusive licensee of the denim brand in India.
- Mandhana had carved her niche in international women’s cricket and has captivated fans worldwide with her exceptional talent and fearless approach. Her performances on the cricket field have earned her accolades like ICC Women’s cricketer of the year two times.
8. Understanding Green GDP: Balancing Economic Growth with Environmental Sustainability
- As the world grapples with the challenges posed by climate change and environmental degradation, the concept of Green GDP has gained significant attention.
- Green GDP is an economic indicator that takes into account the environmental costs and benefits associated with economic activities, providing a more comprehensive measure of a nation’s economic growth.
9. RBI Governor Launches Financial Inclusion Dashboard ‘Antardrishti’
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das recently unveiled a new financial inclusion dashboard called ‘Antardrishti.’ The dashboard aims to provide valuable insights and track the progress of financial inclusion by capturing relevant data.
- This initiative further reinforces the RBI’s commitment to promoting financial inclusion through a collaborative approach involving multiple stakeholders.
10. PM Modi Launches Two Schemes for Wetland and Mangrove Conservation on World Environment Day
- On World Environment Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched two schemes, namely Amrit Dharohar and MISHTI (Mangrove Initiative for Shoreline Habitats and Tangible Incomes).
- These schemes are aimed at reviving and conserving India’s wetlands and mangroves, contributing to the campaign for a green future and green economy.
11. Serbia and USA win FIBA 3×3 World Cup 2023
- Serbia’s men and the United States women won the FIBA 3×3 World Cup 2023, which took place in Vienna, Austria. In the men’s category, Serbia extended their historic World Cup heroics, capturing their sixth title in just 8 editions after defeating USA (21-19) in the final.
- The “Maestro” Dejan Majstorovic had a game-high 7 points in the thriller against the US. Latvia defeated Brazil 22-12 to claim the bronze medal. The duo of Karlis Lasmanis and Nauris Miezis combined for 13 points in the game before Agnis Čavars scored the two to hand Latvia the victory.
12. Zlatan Ibrahimovic announces his retirement from football
- AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic announces his retirement from football after they played season’s final game against Hellas Verona. The Swedish player decided to conclude a trophy-laden career in which he featured for clubs such as Malmo, Ajax, Juventus, Inter, Barcelona, PSG, Manchester United and the LA Galaxy.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has also bagged several league titles in Netherlands, Spain, France and Italy in 24 years of professionally playing the game.
13. 3rd Khelo India University Games Concludes in Varanasi
- The third edition of the Khelo India University Games concluded at the IIT BHU campus in Varanasi.
- The closing ceremony was attended by Anurag Singh Thakur, the Union Youth Affairs and Sports Minister, Nishith Pramanik, the Union Minister of State for Sports, and Yogi Adityanath, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
Books and Authors News
14. A book titled “Kathakali Dance Theatre: A Visual Narrative of Sacred Indian Mime” by KK Gopalakrishnan
- KK Gopalakrishnan has recently released a captivating book titled “Kathakali Dance Theatre: A Visual Narrative of Sacred Indian Mime.”
- The book offers a behind-the-scenes look into the world of Kathakali, focusing on the green room, artists’ struggles, and the unique bonds forged during long make-up hours.
15. Russian Language Day 2023: Know the history of UN Language Days
- Every year on June 6, the United Nations celebrates UN Russian Language Day, which was established by UNESCO in 2010. This day aligns with the birthday of Alexander Pushkin, a renowned Russian poet known as the founder of modern Russian language.
- The purpose of this initiative is to promote equal recognition and appreciation for all six official languages of the UN: English, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, and French.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- UNESCO Headquarters: Paris, France;
- UNESCO Founded: 16 November 1945, London, United Kingdom;
- UNESCO Head: Audrey Azoulay; (Director-General).
16. Veteran actress Sulochana Latkar passes away at 94
- Cyclone Biparjoy is a low-pressure area that is currently forming over the Southeast Arabian Sea. It is expected to intensify into a depression in the next 48 hours and may reach cyclonic storm intensity in the subsequent 72 hours.
- The track of the cyclone is not yet clear, but it is likely to move towards the West Coast of India. Cyclone Biparjoy is the first cyclone to form in the Arabian Sea this season. The monsoon season in India typically begins in June and lasts until September.
Important Current Affairs of 06th June 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!