Current Affairs 06th May 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 06th May 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 06th May 2023 covering the following news headlines: World Athletics Day 2023, Machines Can See 2023, Khelo India University Games Uttar Pradesh 2022, Marylebone Cricket Club.
Top 12 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 12 important Daily General Knowledge 2023 updates with national & international news.
1. Ukraine’s Defence Ministry Apologises For Offensive Tweet Depicting Hindu Goddess Kali
The Ukrainian Defence Ministry faced online backlash after posting an offensive tweet depicting the Hindu Goddess Kali in a distorted manner.
The tweet was later deleted and Deputy Foreign Minister Emine Dzhaparova issued an apology.On April 30, Ukraine’s Defence Ministry tweeted a picture of a blast with an improvised picture by Ukrainian artist Maksym Palenko.
The picture depicted the blast in a unique yet offensive blend of famous American actress Marilyn Monroe in her ‘flying skirt’ pose with the face and detailing resembling Hindu Goddess ‘Maa Kali’.
2. India’s First International Multimodal Logistics Park Coming at Jogighopa, Assam
- The construction of India’s first International Multimodal Logistics Park in Jogighopa, Assam, is well underway, and the jetty is expected to be completed by the end of this year.
- The park, which is being built at a cost of Rs 693.97 crore, will provide direct connectivity to waterways, road, rail, and air, and is expected to be completed in 2023.
- Union Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways and Ayush, Shri Sarbananda Sonowal, visited the site recently to review the progress and expressed satisfaction at the pace of work.
3. Adani Ports completes sale of Myanmar port for $30 million
- Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (APSEZ) announced that it has completed the sale of its Myanmar port, Coastal International Terminals Pte Limited, for $30 million.
- The decision to exit the project was made based on recommendations by the Risk Committee in October 2021.
- The sale was initially announced in May 2022, following a military coup in Myanmar and subsequent crackdown on mass protests that drew international condemnation and US sanctions.
4. RBI Mandates Complete Information for Money Transfers to Curb Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued new instructions to all banks and financial institutions in the country to ensure that all wire transfers, whether domestic or international, contain complete information about the originator and beneficiary.
- The move is aimed at preventing wire transfers from being used as a channel for money laundering and financing terrorism. The updated instructions are part of the Master Direction on Know Your Customer (KYC) and are aligned with the recommendations of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
5. Visa Launches CVV-Free Payments for Tokenised Cards in India
- Visa, the global card transaction company, has launched a new feature in India that allows users to make online payments without the need for a CVV number. The feature applies to tokenised credit and debit cards and is only available for domestic transactions in India.
- When a user tokenises their card, it is secured with a unique code and transactions are completed using a two-factor authentication process, which does not require the 16-digit card number or any other card details.
- The new authentication method protects users from cyber fraud as the token cannot be used on another platform.
6. World Athletics Day 2023 observed on 7th May
- World Athletics Day, established by the International Amateur Athletic Federation, is celebrated on May 7th each year. The aim of this day is to promote sports and exercise as a means of preventing diseases and maintaining good health.
- The focus is on encouraging people to participate in athletics and other fitness activities to keep themselves healthy.
7. Ajay Vij appointed Accenture India country managing director
- Accenture appointed Ajay Vij as Country Managing Director, a newly created role, and Sandeep Dutta as the lead of its India Market Unit. As country managing director, Mr. Vij would expand his current responsibilities as the Corporate Services & Sustainability lead for India to provide overall leadership and drive coordinated decision-making for key company priorities.
- Rekha M. Menon, Senior Managing Director and Chairperson for Accenture in India, would retire as of June 30 and primary responsibilities of the Chairperson would now be undertaken by the new appointees, according to the company.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Accenture CEO: Julie Sweet (1 Sept 2019–);
- Accenture Founded: 1989, Hamilton, Bermuda.
Summits and Conferences News
8. UAE Government Launches ‘Machines Can See 2023’ Summit
- The UAE government recently launched the ‘Machines Can See 2023’ Summit, an international conference on Artificial Intelligence (AI) held at the Museum of the Future in Dubai.
- The event was held in partnership between the Artificial Intelligence, Digital Economy, and Remote Work Applications Office and ‘Machines Can See’ company.
9. Neeraj Chopra secures victory with 88.67 m throw at Diamond League 2023
- Olympic gold medal winner Neeraj Chopra has secured victory with 88.67 m throw at Doha Diamond League 2023.
- Chopra’s first throw was 88.67 which was a great way to start the new season. His first throw was enough to seal the victory for him but he still tried to push ahead.
10. Mark Nicholas set to become the next president of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC)
- Mark Nicholas, a former England cricketer and well-known commentator, has been chosen as the next president of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC). He will take over from the current president, Stephen Fry, and begin his duties in October of this year.
- The announcement of his appointment was made during the MCC’s Annual General Meeting.
11. Babar Azam becomes fastest to 5,000 ODI runs
- Babar Azam, the captain of the Pakistan cricket team, has set a new record by becoming the fastest player to score 5000 runs in One Day International (ODI) cricket. He achieved this feat in 97 innings, breaking the previous record set by South Africa’s Hashim Amla, who reached the 5000 run mark in 101 innings.
12. Anurag Thakur Launches Logo, Mascot, Torch, Anthem & Jersey of Khelo India University Games 2022
- Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Anurag Singh Thakur launched the official logo, mascot, torch, anthem, and jersey of the Khelo India University Games Uttar Pradesh 2022 on the auspicious occasion of Buddha Purnima in Lucknow.
- The Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Shri Yogi Adityanath was also present at the occasion. Addressing the gathering, Shri Yogi Adityanath welcomed all participating athletes, coaches, officials, and support staff to the 3rd Khelo India University Games Uttar Pradesh 2022.
- The mascot, Jitu, represents the Barasingha, an incredible mammal that embodies the spirit of Khelo India University Games, Uttar Pradesh.
Important Current Affairs of 06th May 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!