General awareness section is the most important part of every competitive exam, it can help you score well in the exam if you are updated with all the current news. Banking Awareness, Static GK and the current news are the parts that make the GA section complete. It is important to know what is happening in and outside of India. GK updates are incorporated with the important news that made the headlines today. It is the complete bag of the important news that held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about the banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update of 11th September to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 27 Months
- 1 Month
1. PM Modi to inaugurate India’s second Multi-Modal Terminal in Jharkhand
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate to the nation India’s second riverine Multi-Modal terminal (MMT) built at Sahibganj in Jharkhand.
- The terminal at Sahibganj will open up industries of Jharkhand and Bihar to the global market and provide Indo-Nepal cargo connectivity through waterways route.
- Coal, stone chips, fertilizers, cement and sugar are other commodities expected to be transported through the terminal.
- This is the second of the three Multi-Modal Terminals being constructed on river Ganga under Jal Marg Vikas Project
Static/Current Takeaways Important For RRB Main 2019:
- Chief Minister of Jharkhand: Raghubar Das; Governor: Draupadi Murmu.
- Capital of Jharkhand: Ranchi.
2. Typhoon Faxai hits Tokyo, Japan
- Typhoon Faxai has hit Tokyo, Japan. There were winds of up to 210km/h (130mph).
- Faxai is one of the strongest typhoons to hit the Japanese capital in a decade. The Authorities have issued non-compulsory evacuation warnings to more than 390,000 people.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For RRB Main 2019:
- President of Japan: Shinzo Abe; Capital of Japan: Tokyo.
- Currency of Japan: Japanese Yen
3. Kerala to set up India’s first iWTC in Kozhikode
- Kerala will set up India’s first international women’s trade centre (iWTC), in consonance with the United Nations sustainable development goals (SDGs) in Kozhikode.
- A key project of the state’s gender park under the department of social justice, it is envisaged as a safe space away from home for women to harness their entrepreneurial capabilities, set up or expand their businesses and get their products marketed globally.
- The first phase of iWTC, being executed under the gender park’s “Vision 2020”, is scheduled to be completed by 2021.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For RRB NTPC/IBPS RRB Main 2019:
- Chief Minister of Kerala: Pinarayi Vijayan; Governor of Kerala: Arif Mohammed Khan.
Schemes and Committees
4. PM Narendra Modi launches National Animal Disease Control Programme
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the National Animal Disease Control Programme in Uttar Pradesh’s Mathura.
- The programme aims at vaccinating over 500 Million livestock including cattle, buffalo, sheep, goats and pigs against foot and mouth disease. The programme also aims at vaccinating 36 million female bovine calves annually in its fight against Brucellosis disease.
- The government will fund the programme for Rs 12,652 crore for a period of 5 years till 2024. The programme has two components: to control the diseases by 2025 and eradication by 2030.
5. Gurugram Police ties up with tech giant Google
- The Gurugram traffic police have tied up with Google maps for real time traffic updates. The traffic related information will be shared in real time for public use.
- The information such as planned road closures, diversions, traffic alerts regarding road crash etc. will be shared by Gurugram traffic police with Google maps. Responding to the situation, Google maps will immediately update the information on its public maps.
- The basic idea behind this arrangement is to prompt commuters to make intelligent choices in order to make their commuting experience hassle-free.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For IBPS RRB Clerk Mains:
- Chief Executive Officer of Google: Sundar Pichai.
6. Niti Aayog, McKinsey to Launch First Digital Capability Centre
- National Institution for Transforming India (Niti Aayog) has selected McKinsey & Company to set up India’s first Digital Capability Centre (DCC). McKinsey supports five such digital capability centres across the globe – Aachen, Chicago, Singapore, Venice, and Beijing.
- DCC is a unique digital manufacturing learning centre offering company leaders and their workforces hands-on experience and workshops in next-generation technology to help them advance their operations, design and productivity and can be used at all levels of the value chain.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For RRB NTPC/IBPS RRB Mains:
- CEO NITI Aayog: Amitabh Kant; Vice Chairman: Rajiv Kumar.
7. Pawan Munjal to be honoured with Asia Pacific Golf Hall of Fame
- Managing Director and Chairman of Hero MotoCorp, Pawan Munjal will be inducted into the 2019 Asia Pacific Golf Hall of Fame.
- He will be inducted for his support to “Golf” in India and around the world. The induction ceremony will be held at the 2019 Asian Golf Awards Gala Banquet.
- With the honour, he will join the legendary players such as Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player and other leading personalities such as David Chu who were bestowed with the highest honour in the Asia Pacific golf industry.
8. England greats Boycott & Strauss honoured with knighthoods
- England cricket greats Geoffrey Boycott and Andrew Strauss have been honoured with “Knighthoods” by Theresa May in her resignation honours list.
- Both the former cricketers have received the honour for their services to sport after outstanding careers for England.
- Geoffrey Boycott played 108 tests between 1964 and 1982 for England and scored 8,114 Test runs at an average of 47.72.
- Andrew Strauss played 100 tests for England from 2004-12, scoring more than 7,000 runs at an average of 40.91, and captained the team to two Ashes series wins. He also served as England’s director of cricket between 2015 and 2018.
Summits and Conferences
9. International conference ‘ANGAN’ organized in New Delhi
- International conference ANGAN (Augmenting Nature by Green Affordable New-habitat) for Energy Efficiency in the Building Sector is being organized by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency in New Delhi.
- This event to discuss various alternative options and technologies in the field of design and construction of energy-efficient commercial as well as residential buildings.
- This event will provide a platform to deliberate on the interdependence between organizations, systems sustainability and feedback loops for better resource efficiency.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For RRB Main 2019:
- Director-General of Bureau of Energy Efficiency: Abhay Bakre.
- Headquarters of Bureau of Energy Efficiency: New Delhi.
10. 24th World Energy Congress commence in Abu Dhabi
- The 24th World Energy Congress commence in Abu Dhabi under the patronage of Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates.
- World Energy Congress aims to bring together international energy stakeholders, including governments, private and state corporations, academia and media.
- The theme of this World Energy Congress is “Energy for Prosperity”.
- World Energy Congress is the World Energy Council’s global flagship event offering a unique platform for global energy leaders to explore new energy futures, critical innovation areas, and new strategies.
Books and authors
11. A book titled “Savarkar: Echoes from a forgotten past, 1883-1924” released
- A book titled “Savarkar: Echoes from a forgotten past, 1883-1924″ is penned by Bengaluru-based historian Vikram Sampath and published by Penguin.
- This book describing the life of freedom fighter and Philosopher Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, popularly known as Veer Savarkar.
- This first volume of the two-volume series covers the life of Vinayak Damodar Savarkar (Veer Savarkar), from his birth in 1883 to his conditional release to Ratnagiri in 1924.
12. Tamil actor, cinematographer and director Rajasekar passes away
- Tamil Film Director, Actor and Cinematographer Raja Sekar passed away.
- He was a part of the director duo Robert-Rajasekar. Along with Robert Ashirwatham, he had directed films such as Palaivanacholai, Chinnapoove Mella Pesu, Dhooram Adhigamillai, Manasukkul Mathappu and Paravaigal Palavidham.
13. Paralympic Committee of India de-recognised for Sports Code violation
- The Sports Ministry of India has de-recognised the Paralympic Committee of India.
- The ministry has de-recognised the committee for violation of the National Sports Code. The committee violated the code by removing its elected president Rao Inderjit Singh.
- The Committee has been penalised for misgovernance and has been directed to comply with the Sports Code and ensure good governance practices in its internal functioning.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For IBPS RRB PO Mains:
- Ministers of State (I/C) Youth Affairs and Sports: Shri Kiren Rijiju.
14. “CHC Farm Machinery” App launched for farmers
- Minister of State for Agriculture, Parshottam Rupala has launched a multilingual Mobile App “CHC Farm Machinery” during a conference on Crop Residue Management in New Delhi.
- The app will allow farmers to avail custom hiring services of CHCs located in a radius of 50 km. With the help of app, the farmers will now be able to get affordable access to cutting-edge technology at their doorsteps.
Learn Current Affairs with ADDA247 Youtube Channel. Check out the video below.
You may also like to Read: