Current Affairs 13th March 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 13th March 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 13th March 2023 covering the following news headlines: World’s longest railway platform, Bengaluru-Mysuru expressway, Mount Merapi, Maritime Partnership Exercise.
Top 15 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 15 important Daily General Knowledge 2022 updates with national & international news.
1. PM Modi inaugurates world’s longest railway platform in Hubballi, Karnataka
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated World`s longest railway platform of 1.5 kilometres at Sri Siddhaarooda railway station in Hubballi in the state of Karnataka.
- The inauguration of the platform was done during the PM’s Karnataka visit in the presence of Union Minister Pralhad Joshi.
- It is to be noted that Indian Railways, South Western Railway Zones Hubbali is now registered in the Guinness Book of World Records for having the longest platform.
2. Bengaluru-Mysuru expressway National Highway, Background and Facts
- On March 12, 2023, Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated the Bengaluru-Mysuru Expressway to the country.
- The 118-km-long project will cut the distance between Bengaluru and Mysuru’s travel time from nearly three hours to just over 75 minutes.
- The NH-275 segment between Bengaluru, Nidaghatta, and Mysuru will have six lanes constructed as part of the project, which has a total development cost of about Rs 8,480 crores.
3. Indonesia’s Mount Merapi volcano erupts, covering villages in ash
- Mount Merapi, one of the world’s most active volcanoes, erupted, spewing out smoke and ash that covered villages near the crater.
- There were no immediate reports of casualties, the the National Disaster Mitigation Agency said.
- The images broadcasted shows ash-covered houses and roads at a village near the volcano, in Yogyakarta.
4. India, France conduct Maritime Partnership Exercise (MPX)
- Indian Navy’s indigenously built guided missile frigate, INS Sahyadri participated in a Maritime Partnership Exercise (MPX) with French Navy (FN) ships FS Dixmude, a Mistral Class Amphibious Assault Ship and FS La Fayette, a La Fayette Class Frigate, in the Arabian Sea. The partnership exercise was conducted on March 10-11.
- According to the Ministry of Defence, the exercise witnessed a wide spectrum of evolutions at sea which included cross-deck landings, boarding exercises and seamanship evolutions.
5. Ashok Leyland unveils all-women production line at Tamil Nadu plant
- Indian commercial vehicle manufacturer, Ashok Leyland, has launched an “All Women Production Line” with 100 per cent female employees at its Hosur plant in Tamil Nadu.
- The initiative to introduce an all-women production line is to promote women empowerment and encourage them take up roles in manufacturing industry.
6. PMLA, 2002 Amended To Include Cryptocurrency Trade
- Finance Ministry has tweaked the anti-money laundering law by bringing cryptocurrencies and other virtual digital assets trade under its ambit.
- This means that exchanges, custodians, and wallet providers, among others in crypto-related trade, will fall under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
- The government has imposed money laundering provisions on cryptocurrencies or virtual assets as it looks to tighten oversight of digital assets.
Ranks and Reports
7. Knight Frank releases wealth report 2023
- Knight Frank, a global real estate consultancy, released its Wealth Report 2023, which provides insights into the trends and performance of the prime residential property market across the world.
- Among Indian respondents, the consultant said 88 per cent saw a rise in UHNWI’s (ultra-high-net-worth individuals) wealth in 2022.
- Out of which 35 per cent respondents said that Indian UHNWIs saw an increase in their wealth in excess of 10 per cent last year.
- Going forward, the Indian respondents expect wealth of the ultra-wealthy to continue to increase in 2023.
8. Tech Mahindra named former Infosys President Mohit Joshi as MD and CEO
- Former Infosys President Mohit Joshi has been appointed as the company’s Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for a term of 5 years, beginning on December 20, 2023, and ending on December 19, 2028, according to IT services provider Tech Mahindra (both days inclusive).
- Gurnani, who was one of the longest-serving CEOs in the Indian IT industry, will be succeeded by Mohit Joshi.
9. GoI appoints Siddhartha Mohanty as interim chairman of LIC
- For a period of three months beginning March 14, the Center has chosen Siddhartha Mohanty as the interim chairman of the Life Insurance Company of India (LIC). Currently the managing director and CEO of LIC Housing Finance, Mohanty will take over as MD of the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) on February 1st, 2021.
- Up to his retirement on June 30, 2023, Siddhartha Mohanty was proposed to lead LIC as its MD. LIC’s current MDs are Bishnu Charan Patnaik, Ipe Mini, Siddhartha Mohanty, and Raj Kumar, while the company’s chairman is Shri Mangalam Ramasubramanian Kumar.
10. Oscars 2023: RRR’s “Naatu Naatu” wins Best Original Song
- Oscars awards 2023: The 95th Academy Awards (Oscars 2023) have announced that RRR’s “Naatu Naatu” won Best Original Song.
- The song had to beat out songs like “Applause” from Tell It Like a Woman, “Hold My Hand” from Top Gun: Maverick, “Lift Me Up” from Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, and “This is Life” from Everything Everywhere All At Once.
- The Oscars 2023 was accepted by lyricist Chandrabose and composer Keeravani.
11. India received Golden & Silver Star at ‘Golden City Gate Tourism Awards
- The International Golden City Gate Tourism Awards 2023 in the categories of “TV/Cinema Commercials International and Country International” were won by the Indian Ministry of Tourism and Government of India, respectively.
- As part of a global effort on advertising in the post-Covid period to reopen opportunities in India, the award has been granted to promotional films/television ads made by the Ministry.
- On March 8, 2023, at ITB, Berlin, Shri Arvind Singh, Secretary (Tourism), Government of India, accepted the honours.
12. Oscars 2023: The Elephant Whisperers wins in Best Documentary Short Category
- The Elephant Whisperers, a Netflix documentary short from Kartiki Gonsalves and Guneet Monga, has won the 95th Academy Awards‘ Best Documentary Short award.
- The movie was up against ‘Stranger At The Gate’, ‘Haulout’, and ‘How Do You Measure a Year?’ The award is an honour of “my motherland, India,” said director Gonzalves.
13. Oscars awards 2023 : Check the complete list of winners
- The 95th Academy Awards (Oscars Awards 2023) are finally announced and the fans are excited to know how India fares at Oscars Awards 2023.
- The Academy Awards, or Oscars Awards 2023, which were originally held in 1929, recently celebrated their 95th anniversary.
- The Oscars Awards 2023 held on March 13 IST in Los Angeles’ Dolby theatre. It was hosted by popular late night show host Jimmy Kimmel.
- Check the complete list here.
14. Vyas Samman 2022: Gyan Chaturvedi to be awarded for ‘Pagalkhana’
- Vyas Samman 2022: Pagalkhana, a 2018 satirical novel by renowned Hindi author Dr. Gyan Chaturvedi, has been chosen for the 32nd Vyas Samman.
- Dr. Chaturvedi’s Pagalkhana (mental hospital) was chosen for the prestigious Vyas Samman by a selection committee led by distinguished author Prof. Ramji Tiwari.
- The KK Birla Foundation founded the annual Vyas Samman in 1991, which is awarded to a superb piece of Hindi literature authored by an Indian citizen and published within the previous ten years. A 4 lakh rupee award is offered.
Books and Authors News
15. A book titled “India’s Struggle for Independence – Gandhian Era” released
- Supreme Court Judge Justice V. Ramasubramanian has released a book titled India’s Struggle for Independence – Gandhian Era.
- The book, authored by P. Jyothimani, former Judge, Madras High Court, and G. Balan, former professor of history, Pachiayappa’s College, and published by Vanathi Pathipagam, was released at an event held at the University of Madras.
- The book covers aspects such as the relevance of Mahatma Gandhi as of the date.
Important Current Affairs of 13th March 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!