Current Affairs 14th March 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 14th March 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 14th March 2023 covering the following news headlines: First methanol run buses, Silicon Valley Bank Collapse, ‘beggar-free city’, Exercise La Perouse- 2023, Pfizer to acquire Seagen.
Top 13 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 13 important Daily General Knowledge 2022 updates with national & international news.
1. Nitin Gadkari unveiled first methanol run buses in Bengaluru
- The first methanol-powered buses in Bengaluru will be unveiled by Union Minister for Road and Transport, Nitin Gadkari.
- The Bengaluru Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC), NITI Aayog, Indian Oil Company (IOC), and Ashok Leyland are working together to carry out the initiative, which aims to lower the level of pollutants.
- A top BMTC official informed that MD15 (diesel with 15% methanol) bus pilot testing will begin around 5:30 pm from Vidhana Soudha.
- The BMTC intends to launch 80 buses that will use methanol fuel as part of the trial project, and 20 Ashok Leyland buses will also be introduced in the first stages.
- The Indian Oil Company will offer free fuel and methanol for three months as part of the experiment.
2. Silicon Valley Bank Collapse: The Biggest Bank Failure Since 2008
- Startup-focused lender Silicon Valley Bank Financial Group became the largest bank to fail since the 2008 financial crisis, in a sudden collapse that roiled global markets, left billions of dollars belonging to companies and investors stranded.
- Silicon Valley Bank, the nation’s 16th largest bank, collapsed on Friday, forcing a government takeover and calling into question the fate of almost $175 billion in customer deposits.
- Signature Bank, the 29th-largest bank in the U.S., also closed its doors, suggesting the financial panic had spread.
- Many bank stocks plummeted in early trading. First Republic Bank dropped 65% before trading was halted; Western Alliance Bancorp fell almost 60%. Charles Schwab, the eight-largest U.S. bank, dropped nearly 10%.
3. A new initiative called ‘beggar-free city’ started in Nagpur, Maharashtra
- In Nagpur, Maharashtra, a new project known as “beggar-free city” has been launched. Amitesh Kumar, the Nagpur City commissioner of police, announced that notification 144 CrPC has been issued in this regard.
- The social welfare division of the Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) and the Nagpur City Police are partners in this effort. In order to accommodate homeless people in its shelters, the NMC has developed particular provisions.
4. 3rd edition of Exercise La Perouse- 2023 begins
- On March 13 and 14, 2023, the Indian Ocean Area will host the third edition of the multilateral exercise La Perouse.
- The Royal Australian Navy, French Navy, Indian Navy, Japanese Maritime Self Defence Force, Royal Navy, and United States Navy will all have people, ships, and essential helicopters participating in this event.
- Every two years exercise La Perouse, an exercise run by the French Navy, aims to improve maritime domain awareness and maritime cooperation among the participating navies in the Indo-Pacific region.
5. Pfizer will spend $43 billion to acquire Seagen
- Pfizer is spending about $43 billion to acquire Seagen to reach deeper into new cancer treatments that target tumor cells while sparing surrounding healthy tissue.
- The pharmaceutical giant said it will pay $229 in cash for each share of Seagen Inc. Pfizer then plans to let the biotech drug developer “continue innovating,” except with more resources than it would have alone, Pfizer Chairman and CEO Albert Bourla told.
6. RBI accords ‘infra finance company’ status to IREDA
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) granted an ‘Infrastructure Finance Company (IFC)’ status to Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) , a company statement said. It was earlier classified as an ‘Investment and Credit Company (ICC)’.
- With the IFC status, IREDA will be able to take higher exposure in RE financing. The IFC status will also help the company to access a wider investor base for fund mobilisation, resulting in competitive rates for fundraising.
7. International Day of Action of Rivers 2023 observed on 14th March
- Every year on March 14, people throughout the world mark the International Day of Action for Rivers to bring attention to how important rivers are to our daily lives.
- Also, the day aims to raise awareness of the disparities in access to clean water as well as the increased pollution of freshwater environments like rivers as a result of overt human activities.
- The theme of the 2023 International Day of Action for Rivers is “Rights of Rivers,” which calls for the designation of rivers as a national treasure.
Summits and Conferences
8. Yoga Mahotsav 2023 marks the beginning of 100 Days Countdown of 9th International Yoga Day
- The celebration of Yoga Mahotsav 2023 marks the official beginning of the 100-day countdown to International Yoga Day 2023 and to sensitize and motivate the masses to participate in Yoga centric activities to widen the horizons of Yoga.
- The three-day Yoga Mahotsav 2023 is being held in the capital’s Talkatora Stadium on 13-14 March and the Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY) on 15 March.
9. FDIC appoints former Fannie Mae chief Tim Mayopoulos as CEO of Silicon Valley Bank
- Tim Mayopoulos, the former CEO of Fannie Mae, was appointed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) to lead Silicon Valley Bank. He takes over after the startup-focused lender was shut down by regulators as a result of a run on its deposits, which left it with insufficient capital.
- For more than six years prior to joining fintech Blend, Mayopoulos was the CEO of mortgage financier Fannie Mae.
10. Ministry of Culture administers ‘Financial Assistance to Veteran Artists’ scheme
- The Ministry of Culture administers a Scheme by the name of ‘Financial Assistance for Veteran Artists’ (erstwhile ‘Scheme for Pension and Medical Aid to Artistes’) to provide financial assistance to veteran artists of the country of the age of 60 years and above in the form of monthly artists’ pension.
- However, the disbursement of financial assistance to the recommended artists is subject to submission of requisite documents by the beneficiaries selected under the Scheme such as Digital Life Certificate, Income Certificates etc.
- Ministry of Culture has entrusted the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) vide an MoU in 2009 for disbursing the monthly artists pension to selected beneficiaries prior to the year 2017.
11. Women’s World Boxing Championships 2023: MC Mary Kom, Farhan Akhtar named brand ambassadors
- The Indira Gandhi Sports Complex in New Delhi will host the IBA Women’s World Boxing Championship 2023 from March 15–26.
- Mahindra has been named the title sponsor of this competition by the Boxing Federation of India (BFI), while MC Mary Kom and Bollywood actor Farhan Akhtar have been named as brand ambassadors.
- The third time in history, India is serving as the host country. The BFI’s goal of promoting female boxing involvement will be greatly enhanced by the appearance of Marykom and Bollywood superstar Farhan Akhtar.
12. G20 flower festival begins in New Delhi
- Connaught Plaza in Delhi will host a Flower Festival beginning from, March 11. It aims to emphasise the diversity of G20 participants and invited nations.
- The festival, which is being held at Central Park and is being organised by the New Delhi Municipal Council, was opened today by Union Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav.
- Japan, Singapore, and the Netherlands are among the G20 nations taking part. The objective of the festival is to showcase the vibrancy and colourful display of G20 members and guest countries.
13. GoI Unveils Rs 1,18,500 Crore Budget For Jammu And Kashmir
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has unveiled Rs 1,18,500 crore budget for Jammu & Kashmir Union Territory for the next financial year.
- The total budget estimates for the fiscal is Rs. 1,18,500 crore, of which developmental expenditure is of the order of Rs. 41,491 crore.
- The capital component of the budget has increased substantially.
Important Current Affairs of 14th March 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!