Current Affairs 21st April 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 21st April 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 21st April 2023 covering the following news headlines: Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, Cuba’s Parliament, 4% reservation for Divyang employees, NE’s largest multipurpose indoor stadium, Mulapeta port.
Top 15 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 15 important Daily General Knowledge 2023 updates with national & international news.
1. Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) to open first overseas office in Abu Dhabi
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has recently signed an agreement to create its first Interim Operational Hub in Abu Dhabi Global Market, marking its initial foray into establishing an overseas office.
- AIIB is a multilateral development bank that focuses on financing infrastructure projects that prioritize sustainability.
- As the host country for COP28 later this year, the UAE has emphasized the importance of climate finance, a key concern for nations as they strive to increase their efforts and commitments towards climate action.
2. Cuba’s Parliament ratifies President Díaz-Canel for new term
- Cuba’s National Assembly has confirmed President Miguel Díaz-Canel for a new five-year term, as the country grapples with a severe economic crisis.
- The decision to maintain continuity in leadership was made by more than 400 representatives who were elected in March and took office on Wednesday, 19 April.
- The assembly then voted to elect the government’s leadership, with Díaz-Canel receiving 459 out of 462 votes. Vice President Salvador Valdés Mesa was also ratified, receiving 439 votes.
3. Maha Govt has announces a 4% reservation for Divyang employees in promotions
- The Maharashtra Government has introduced a 4% quota for employees with disabilities in promotions.
- This reservation will apply to cadres where the recruitment through direct service is less than 75%.
- The state cabinet has also decided to pay all outstanding dues for non-teaching staff serving in non-agricultural universities as per the Seventh Pay Commission.
4. NE’s largest multipurpose indoor stadium being built in Shillong
- Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K. Sangma announced that a multipurpose indoor stadium is currently under construction in Shillong, which is set to become the largest of its kind in the northeastern region.
- The Chief Minister also revealed that the stadium will offer state-of-the-art facilities for various disciplines, including basketball, squash, badminton, table tennis, volleyball, and many more.
5. Nagaland gets approval from NMC for setting up its first medical college
- In a significant development, the National Medical Commission (NMC) has granted approval for the establishment of the Nagaland Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, which will become the first medical college in the northeastern state since it gained statehood 60 years ago in 1963.
- Health and Family Welfare Minister P. Paiwang Konyak announced the NMC’s decision to set up the medical college in Kohima, stating that the academic session of the institute will commence from 2023-24.
6. Andhra Pradesh CM lays foundation stone for Mulapeta port
- The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, initiated the construction of the Mulapeta greenfield port in Srikakulam district.
- The port is estimated to cost Rs 4,362 crore and is expected to be completed within two years.
- In addition to the port, the Chief Minister also laid the foundation for a fishing harbor in Budagatlapalem, a life irrigation project that will span from the Gotta barrage to the Hira Mandalam reservoir, and the continuation of work on the Mahendra Tanaya river.
7. Tata Steel to set up a pilot plant for methanol
- Tata Steel plans to set up a 10-tonnes-per-day pilot plant at its Kalinganagar facility in Odisha to produce methanol using blast furnace flue gases.
- The success of this pilot plant could pave the way for significant methanol production in India.
- The project aims to explore the possibility of combining carbon dioxide from steel mill blast furnaces with hydrogen from electrolysers to produce methanol.
- This will enable Tata Steel to test the feasibility of this process and potentially pave the way for a more sustainable approach to methanol production in the country.
8. RBI allows AU Small Finance Bank to deal with foreign exchange
- AU Small Finance Bank has announced that it has been granted permission by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to act as an authorized dealer in foreign exchange.
- The bank has received a license to operate as an Authorized Dealer Category-I (AD-I) under section 10 of FEMA, 1999.
- As a result, the bank will be able to deal in foreign exchange going forward, provided it adheres to all relevant regulations. This announcement was made by the bank in a SEBI filing.
9. National Civil Services Day 2023 celebrates on 21st April
- In India, April 21 is celebrated as National Civil Service Day, to recognize and appreciate the vital role played by civil servants in the advancement and betterment of the nation.
- This day offers a chance to express gratitude towards the contributions made by civil servants to society.
- The prime minister of the country presents awards of excellence on this occasion, to encourage civil servants to continue their efforts towards serving the public effectively.
- Civil Services Day is an occasion for civil servants to rededicate themselves to the cause of citizens and renew their commitments and excellence in work.
10. Indian Army and Tezpur University sign MoU on Chinese language training for army personnel
- On 19th April 2023, the Indian Army and Tezpur University signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for providing Chinese language training to the Indian Army personnel.
- The duration of the course will be 16 weeks, and it will be conducted at Tezpur University.
- The signing of the MoU was done by HQ 4 Corps on behalf of the Indian Army and the registrar of Tezpur University in the presence of the Vice Chancellor, Prof SN Singh.
11. New York Senate appoints Rowan Wilson as state’s first Black chief judge
- On April 18, 2023, Rowan Wilson became New York’s first Black chief judge after being confirmed by the State’s Senate.
- His appointment comes two months after Governor Kathy Hochul’s initial nominee for the position was rejected by lawmakers.
- Wilson has been an associate judge of the Court of Appeals since 2017, and his appointment as chief judge was made by Hochul earlier this month.
- The confirmation process was marked by a political struggle between Hochul and the Democrats who control the Senate over the future of the state’s judiciary.
12. HDFC Bank appoints Kaizad Bharucha as deputy managing director
- HDFC Bank has recently appointed two senior executives and their appointments have been approved by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Kaizad Bharucha has been appointed as Deputy Managing Director while Bhavesh Zaveri has been appointed as Executive Director for a three-year term starting from April 19, 2023. The bank has shared this information through a regulatory filing.
13. Karnataka bags National Award For Fasal Bima Yojana
- During a national conference in Chhattisgarh, Karnataka was recognized as the leading state in implementing the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) scheme.
- The award was accepted by Shivayogi Kalasad, the Secretary to the government, Department of Agriculture.
- As per officials from the agriculture department, a sum of Rs. 687.4 crore has been settled for 5.66 lakh farmers, who had pending claims since 2018.
14. Rural housing under flagship scheme rises 25% in FY23
- In the financial year of 2022-23, India has constructed 5.28 million houses as part of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin), a rural housing initiative, which represents a 25% increase from the previous year.
- The country aims to build 5.73 million houses under this program to achieve the overall goal of constructing 29.5 million houses, thereby fulfilling the objective of providing “housing for all” by the end of the financial year 2023-24.
15. Sonam Wangchuk conferred with Prestigious Santokbaa Humanitarian Award
- Sonam Wangchuk, a distinguished engineer, innovator, educationist, and sustainable development reformist, has been honored with the prestigious Santokbaa Humanitarian Award.
- The award has been initiated by Shree Ramkrishna Exports (SRK), a leading company in diamond crafting and exports, and its philanthropic arm Shree Ramkrishna Knowledge Foundation (SRKKF).
- Wangchuk is the Founder-Director of Students’ Educational and Cultural Movement of Ladakh (SECMOL).
Important Current Affairs of 21st April 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!