Current Affairs 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs 2023 is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 27th May 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs 2023 part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 27th May 2023 covering the following news headlines: New Parliament Inauguration, WMO Approves Global Tracker for Greenhouse, Forex reserves dip, Industrial Corridor Development in Andhra Pradesh.
Top 12 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 12 important Daily General Knowledge 2023 updates with national & international news.
1. Centre to Launch New ₹75 Coin to Mark New Parliament Inauguration
- The Ministry of Finance has announced the launch of a special ₹75 coin to commemorate the inauguration of India’s new parliament building.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will unveil the coin on Sunday, 28 May, coinciding with the celebration of India’s 75 years of independence.
2. WMO Approves Global Tracker for Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- The World Meteorological Congress has made a groundbreaking decision to approve a new greenhouse gas (GHG) monitoring initiative, according to the World Meteorological Organization (WMO). This initiative aims to support urgent action in reducing heat-trapping gases that contribute to rising global temperatures.
- The newly established Global Greenhouse Gas Watch will address critical information gaps, integrating various observing systems, modeling capabilities, and data assimilation under one comprehensive framework.
- The unanimous support from WMO’s 193 members highlights the growing importance of greenhouse gas monitoring and the need to strengthen the scientific foundation for climate change mitigation efforts.
3. Forex reserves dip $6.1 billion to $593.48 billion
- India’s foreign exchange reserves, which had been steadily increasing over the past few weeks, experienced a decline of $6.1 billion in the week ending on May 19, 2023.
- This pullback comes after three consecutive weekly increases and affects all components of the reserves, with foreign currency assets (FCA) being impacted the most, according to the latest data from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- India’s total forex reserves reached $593.48 billion during the week ending on May 19, 2023, representing a decrease of $6.052 billion from the previous week.
- In the previous week, reserves had increased by $3.553 billion, bringing them close to the $600 billion mark at $599.53 billion. Before that, the reserves had surged by $7.196 billion.
4. ADB and India Sign $141.12 Million Loan for Industrial Corridor Development in Andhra Pradesh
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Indian government have recently signed a loan agreement worth $141.12 million to support the development of high-quality internal infrastructure in Andhra Pradesh (AP).
- The funding will be utilized for the construction of roads, water supply systems, and an electricity distribution network in three industrial clusters within the state.
- This loan is part of a larger multi-tranche financing facility (MFF) approved by ADB in 2016 to enhance infrastructure in the Visakhapatnam and Srikalahasthi-Chittoor nodes of Andhra Pradesh.
5. RBI Approves Merger of Maratha Co-op Bank with Cosmos Co-op Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has granted approval for the voluntary Scheme of Amalgamation of Maratha Sahakari Bank with The Cosmos Co-operative Bank.
- The merger is set to take effect from May 29, 2023, as announced by the RBI. This decision comes after Maratha Sahakari Bank, established in 1946 with seven branches in Mumbai, had been placed under regulatory directions by the central bank since August 31, 2016.
- The Scheme has been sanctioned under the authority of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
6. HDFC Bank partners Manipal Global to build up a talent pipeline
- HDFC Bank, one of India’s premier private sector lenders, has announced a strategic partnership with Manipal Global Skills Academy to launch the Leadership Excellence Program (LXP).
- The program aims to hire and train women branch managers and enhance gender diversity within the organization. By collaborating with Manipal Global, HDFC Bank aims to develop a talent pipeline of skilled professionals equipped with industry-aligned competencies.
7. PhonePe: The First Payment App to Link 2 Lakh Rupay Credit Cards to UPI
- PhonePe, a Digital payment service provider announced that it has become the first digital payments app to enable the linkage of 2 lakh Rupay credit cards to the Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
- It has also processed a Total Payment Value (TPV) of Rs 150 crore through Rupay Credit on UPI. TPV refers to the total transaction value processed through the platform in a given time period.
8. R Dinesh Appointed as CII President for 2023-24
- TVS Supply Chain Solutions Executive Vice Chairman R. Dinesh has assumed office as the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) President for 2023-24 while ITC Managing Director Sanjiv Puri has been named as President-designate.
- The CII National Council, which met in New Delhi to elect new office-bearers for 2023-24, also named EY Chairman India Region Rajiv Memani as Vice-President.
9. Suman Sharma 1990 Batch Sworn in as UPSC Member
- Ms Suman Sharma, 1990 batch, has taken the oath of Office and Secrecy as a Member of Union Public Service Commission and the oath was administered by the Chairman of UPSC, Dr. Manoj Soni.
- Ms. Suman Sharma has served as an officer of the Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax), and has had an illustrious career of more than 30 years, has held several important positions and has been closely involved with the subject matters of International Taxation, Transfer Pricing, Export Promotion Schemes, and Power Trading Agreements.
10. NTCA Constitutes New Committee to Oversee Cheetah Project
- National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) has established an 11-member Cheetah Project Steering Committee under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, and Rajesh Gopal, secretary general of Global Tiger Forum, has been appointed as its chairman.
- The decision was taken after six cheetahs, who were brought as part of the translocation project, died in the last two months.
- The other 10 members include RN Mehrotra, former principal chief conservator of forest of Rajasthan; PR Sinha, former director of the Wildlife Institute of India; HS Negi, former APCCF, Wildlife; and PK Malik, former faculty at WII.
11. Indian Peacekeepers Honoured Posthumously with Dag Hammarksjold
- India’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Ambassador Ruchira Kamboj, received the Dag Hammarksjold Medals on behalf of Head Constables Shishupal Singh and Sanwala Ram Vishnoi.
- The Dag Hammarksjold Medal is the highest honor awarded to UN peacekeepers. It is awarded posthumously to members of peacekeeping operations as a tribute to the sacrifice of those who have lost their lives in peacekeeping operations.
- The ceremony took place at the UN headquarters in New York to commemorate the International Day of UN Peacekeepers. The medal is named after the second Secretary-General of the United Nations, Dag Hammarskjold.
12. Legendary Singer Tina Turner ‘Queen of Rock’ Dies Aged 83
- Tina Turner, the ‘Queen of Rock’n’Roll’ has passed away at the age of 83 after a long illness in her home in Kusnacht near Zurich, Switzerland.
- The singer, Tina Turner, rose to prominence after performing with her husband Ike Turner in the 1960s before overcoming his violent, abusive behavior to go on to become a chart-topping solo artist.
- Turner earned fans all over the world for her riveting live performances, and was best known for songs such as “Private Dancer”, “The Best”, “What’s Love Got to Do With It” and “Proud Mary”. Turner was diagnosed with intestinal cancer in 2016 and received a kidney transplant in 2017.
Important Current Affairs of 27th May 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!