Current Affairs 29th April 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 29th April 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 29th April 2023 covering the following news headlines: NAMO Medical, 3 new conservation reserves, NOCS platform, Reliance General, International Jazz Day 2023, Wrestling Federation of India (WFI).
Top 15 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 15 important Daily General Knowledge 2023 updates with national & international news.
1. PM Modi inaugurates ‘NAMO Medical Education and Research Institute’
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the ‘NAMO Medical Education and Research Institute’ in Silvassa town, located in the Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu.
- The institute has been developed under the Ministry of Health and is spread over a lush green campus of 14.48 acres built at a cost of ₹203 crore. Here are five things to know about this new medical college.
2. 3 new conservation reserves declared in Rajasthan
- The Rajasthan government’s recent declaration of three areas as conservation reserves has brought a ray of hope for wildlife conservation efforts and ecotourism in the state.
- As the state government declared three areas — Sorsan in Baran, Khichan in Jodhpur and Hamirgarh in Bhilwara — as conservation reserves.
- The new reserves are expected to protect rare and endangered species and provide a safe haven for migratory birds.
3. NPCI Bharat BillPay launches NOCS platform to process ONDC transactions
- The National Payments Corporation of India’s (NPCI) subsidiary, NPCI Bharat BillPay Ltd (NBBL), has launched the NOCS platform to provide reconciliation and settlement services for transactions made on the Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) network.
- This platform will serve as the foundation for the ONDC network and enable secure and timely transfer of funds to network participants.
4. Reliance General becomes first insurer to accept CBDC in tie-up with YES Bank
- Reliance General Insurance has made history by becoming the first general insurance company to accept the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) e-Rupee (e₹) for premium payments.
- The insurer has partnered with YES Bank to facilitate the collection of premiums in digital mode using the bank’s e-rupee platform.
5. International Jazz Day 2023 celebrates on 30th April
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has designated April 30th as International Jazz Day to bring attention to jazz and its ability to unite people worldwide in a diplomatic manner.
- UNESCO Director General, Audrey Azoulay and renowned jazz pianist and composer, Herbie Hancock, who is also a UNESCO Ambassador for Intercultural Dialogue and Chairman of the Herbie Hancock Institute of Jazz, are responsible for leading and overseeing International Jazz Day.
- The Institute, a non-profit organization, is tasked with organizing, promoting and executing this annual celebration.
6. World Veterinary Day 2023 observed on 29th April
- World Veterinary Day is an annual event celebrated on the last Saturday of April to increase awareness about the important work of veterinarians in promoting animal health, welfare, and public health. This year, the event falls on April 29th.
- The aim of World Veterinary Day is to recognize the hard work and dedication of veterinary professionals in protecting the health and safety of animals and humans alike.
- This day is a celebration of the efforts made by veterinarians worldwide to improve animal welfare and health. It also serves as a platform for the global veterinary community to come together and seek support for their work.
7. Wrestling Federation of India (WFI), IOA forms a two-member Ad Hoc committee
- The Indian Olympic Association has announced that a two-member ad-hoc committee consisting of Bhupender Singh Bajwa, an IOA executive council member, and Suma Shirur, an accomplished IOA sportsperson, will oversee the Wrestling Federation of India‘s office.
- Ahead of the WFI’s election, a retired High Court Judge will also be appointed to the Ad-Hoc Committee to ensure impartial and transparent voting.
8. Siddhartha Mohanty appointed as Chairman of LIC Until June 2024
- The government announced the appointment of Siddhartha Mohanty as the Chairperson of the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) until June 29, 2024.
- Following this, he will serve as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer until June 7, 2025, as stated by LIC in a release.
- Mohanty, who is currently the Managing Director, had been serving as the interim Chairperson of the state-run life insurance company since March 14, replacing M R Kumar, whose term ended on March 13, 2023.
9. Neeli Bendapudi receives Immigrant Achievement Award 2023
- Neeli Bendapudi, the current president of Penn State University, is set to receive the Immigrant Achievement Award for her significant contributions to higher education in the United States.
- The award recognizes immigrants who have made significant contributions to their communities and professions, and Bendapudi’s innovative leadership and extensive career in academia have earned her this prestigious recognition.
10. PGCIL wins Global Gold Award for CSR work
- The Green Organization has awarded Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. (PGCIL),a Maharatna CPSU of Ministry of Power, Government of India, with the Global Gold Award for their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) work.
- The recognition was given at the Green World Awards 2023 function held in Miami, USA. This award is a recognition of PGCIL’s efforts to improve agriculture productivity and rural livelihood through watershed management, community participation, and better crop management practices in 10 villages of Jaipatna Block of Kalahandi District in Odisha.
Science and Technology
11. IIT Bombay’s SHUNYA Takes Second Place in Solar Decathlon Build Challenge in the US
- The SHUNYA team from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay earned the second position in the Solar Decathlon Build Challenge held in the US.
- They designed a zero-energy house to tackle air pollution issues in Mumbai’s hot and humid climate. SHUNYA is a group of students from IIT Bombay who are committed to creating a sustainable future.
12. Emirates introduces first robotic check-in assistant in the world
- Sara, the world’s first robotic check-in assistant, has been unveiled by Dubai-based airline Emirates. Sara is part of a new City Check-in and Travel Store which recently opened in Dubai’s financial district.
- The robot uses facial recognition technology to match customer’s faces with scanned passports, check them in, and guide them to the luggage drop area.
13. NASA Successfully Extracts Oxygen from Lunar Soil Simulant
- NASA scientists have successfully extracted oxygen from simulated lunar soil in a vacuum environment, which could pave the way for future human colonies on the Moon.
- The ability to extract oxygen from lunar soil is crucial for providing breathable air for astronauts and can also be used as propellant for transportation and space exploration.
Books and Authors News
14. Prime Minister Narendra Modi revealed the book ‘Saurashtra-Tamil Sangamprashastih’
- At the end of the ‘Saurashtra Tamil Sangam’ event, the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, revealed a book called ‘Saurashtra Tamil Sangam Prashasti,’ authored by Somnath Sanskrit University.
- The Sangam celebrates the cultural and historical bond between Gujarat and Tamil Nadu, as many people migrated from the Saurashtra region to Tamil Nadu several centuries ago. According to a statement from the Prime Minister’s Office, the Saurashtra Tamil Sangamam event allowed Saurashtrian Tamils to reconnect with their ancestral roots.
15. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launches ‘Reflections’
- The Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs, Nirmala Sitharaman, launched a book called “Reflections” in Mumbai. The author of the book is Narayanan Vaghul, a well-known banker, and it provides a detailed account of his experiences in the financial landscape of India over several decades.
- Sitharaman praised Vaghul for his leadership qualities and extensive experience in banking, as well as his contributions to mentoring leaders. She particularly highlighted his ideas and vision for women empowerment, which she believes will continue to be relevant and valuable as more women take on leadership roles in financial services in India.
Important Current Affairs of 29th April 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!