1. Government announces Mega Merger of Public Sector Banks
- Punjab National Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce and United Bank of India to be merged into one single bank, with business of Rs 7.95 trillion to make India’s 2nd largest bank.
- Canara Bank and Syndicate Bank are to be merged to become the 4th largest public sector bank with business of Rs 15.2 lakh crore.
- Union Bank of India, Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank are to be merged to become the 5th largest public sector bank with business of Rs 14.6 lakh crore.
- Indian Bank will be merged with Allahabad Bank to become the 7th largest public sector bank with business of Rs 8.08 lakh crore.
- From the 3.29 crore applicants, a total of 3.11 crore people have been found eligible for inclusion in final NRC list.
- 19.06 lakh people have been excluded from the final NRC list.
- Those excluded from the final NRC list will have 120 days to approach the Foreigners’ Tribunals. If a person is dissatisfied with the tribunal’s decision, he/she can appeal against it.
- Foreigners tribunals is a place where bona fide citizens, whose names do not figure in the final NRC, can approach to challenge their exclusion.
- To accommodate excluded people, detention camps have been set up across the state of Assam.
- Member (Income Tax and Computerisation): Chairman
- Joint Secretary (tax policy and legislation-II): Member
- Commissioner of I-T (ITA): Member
- Director (ITA-I): Member Secretary
- Under Secretary(ITA-I): Member
- Chairman of CBDT: Pramod Chander Mody.
- Chief Minister of Uttarakhand: Trivendra Singh Rawat; Governor: Baby Rani Maurya.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For IBPS RRB PO Mains:
- Chief Minister of Meghalaya: Conrad K Sangma; Governor: Tathagata Roy.
8. “Mega Vendor Meet 2019” held at Lucknow