Table of Contents
Current Affairs 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs 2023 is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 20 June 2023 to help you prepare the Current Affairs 2023 part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the 20 June Current Affairs 2023 covering the news headlines on iGOT platform, Nusrat Chowdhary, 146th Jagannath Puri Rath Yatra, International Yoga Day, IndiGo Places Record-Breaking Order.
Top 15 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 15 important 20 june 2023 news headlines in english updates with national & international news.
1. Centre launches ‘Dakshta’ course collection on iGOT platform to enhance skills of young professionals
- The Personnel Ministry announced that the central government has launched a new collection of courses called “Dakshta” (Development of Attitude, Knowledge, Skill for Holistic Transformation in Administration) on the iGOT Karmayogi Platform.
- The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has established Karmayogi Bharat, a government-owned not-for-profit special purpose vehicle, to steer the mission’s fundamental goals.
- It’s charged with the ownership, management, maintenance, and enhancement of the iGOT Karmayogi platform.
2. Nusrat Chowdhary confirmed the first Muslim woman federal judge in US history
- Nusrat Chowdhury, a civil rights lawyer, has been confirmed by the Senate as the first Muslim female federal judge in US history. She will assume her lifetime appointment in Brooklyn federal court in New York after a 50-49 vote on Thursday along party lines.
- The confirmation drew praise from the American Civil Liberties Union, where she is the legal director of the ACLU of Illinois. Prior to that post, she served from 2008 to 2020 at the national ACLU office, including seven years as deputy director of the ACLU Racial Justice Programme.
3. 146th Jagannath Puri Rath Yatra 2023 begins in Gujarat
- The 146th Rath Yatra of Lord Jagannath commenced in the city of Ahmedabad, Gujarat, with tight security measures in place. A large number of devotees gathered along the 18-kilometer procession route to catch a glimpse of the deity.
- This year, the Gujarat Police employed advanced 3D mapping technology to monitor the entire route and utilized anti-drone technology to prevent the unauthorized use of drones during the event.
Important Days News
4. World Refugee Day 2023: Date, Theme, Significance and History
- World Refugee Day is an internationally recognized day established by the United Nations to pay tribute to refugees worldwide. It is observed annually on June 20th and serves as a platform to acknowledge the bravery and determination of individuals who have been compelled to flee their homeland due to conflicts or persecution.
- This significant day encourages the cultivation of empathy and comprehension towards the predicament of refugees and acknowledges their remarkable strength in reconstructing their lives.
5. International Yoga Day 2023: Theme, History, and Poster
- International Yoga Day is celebrated every year on June 21st to promote the numerous benefits of practicing yoga. The chosen date coincides with the summer solstice, the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere.
- This day serves as a platform to raise awareness about the holistic approach to well-being that yoga offers. It highlights the importance of finding balance in our fast-paced, modern lives and encourages physical, mental, and spiritual harmony. Yoga fosters mindfulness, stress reduction, and overall health and vitality.
6. IndiGo Places Record-Breaking Order for 500 Airbus A320 Family Aircraft
- Indian low-cost carrier IndiGo has made aviation history at the Paris Air Show 2023 by securing a monumental deal with Airbus.
- The airline has placed an order for 500 Airbus A320 family aircraft, marking the largest-ever single aircraft purchase by any airline from Airbus.
7. Sebi bans 6 entities from securities markets for violating insider trading norms
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has taken action against six entities for violating insider trading norms in the case of Shilpi Cable Technologies.
- The entities have been barred from participating in the securities markets for one year and have been ordered to pay penalties totaling Rs 70 lakh.
- Additionally, Sebi has directed them to disgorge the unlawful gains amounting to Rs 27.59 crore, along with 9 percent interest per annum from May 2017 until the date of payment.
8. Gruha Jyothi Scheme 2023, Benefits and Eligibility
- The Karnataka Government recently launched its Gruha Jyothi Scheme, aimed at providing affordable housing to the poor and middle-class families of the state.
- The scheme is a part of the state’s ambitious “Housing for All” plan and aims to provide housing to nearly 4.5 lakh families in the next five years.
- Under the Gruha Jyothi Scheme, the Karnataka Government will provide financial assistance of up to Rs. 2.5 lakh to eligible beneficiaries for the construction of their own houses. The government will also provide subsidies on the interest rate for loans taken for the construction of the house.
9. SAGARMALA projects: To accelerate the implementation of various SAGARMALA projects joint review meeting
- To accelerate the implementation of various SAGARMALA projects joint review meeting was held recently between the Ministry of Shipping and various stakeholders. SAGARMALA is a flagship project by the government of India with the aim of port-led development and promoting maritime economy in the country.
- SAGARMALA projects refer to a series of initiatives launched by the government of India with the aim of enhancing port-led development across the country’s coastline and hinterland.
10. Centre Discontinues Sale of Rice and Wheat Under OMSS to State Govts to Check Price Rise
- The Indian government has decided to discontinue the sale of rice and wheat from the central pool under the Open Market Sale Scheme (OMSS) to state governments.
- This move, aimed at curbing rising prices, will impact certain states, including Karnataka, that provide free grains to the poor. However, rice sales under the OMSS will continue for northeastern states, hilly regions, and states facing law and order issues or natural calamities.
11. IPS officer Ravi Sinha selected as new chief of RAW
- Ravi Sinha, a senior IPS officer, has been appointed as the new chief of India’s external intelligence agency, the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW).
- Sinha will take over from Samant Kumar Goel, who is completing his four-year term on June 30. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved Sinha’s appointment as Secretary of RAW for a period of two years.
12. Intel and Germany Sign $32.8 Billion Chip Plant Agreement
- Intel has commited to invest $32.8 billion in Magdeburg, a city in Germany for the establishment of two cutting-edge semiconductor facilities.
- This collaboration, with financial support from Berlin, represents the largest foreign investment ever made in Germany.
- The German government, recognizing the strategic importance of the semiconductor industry, has pledged to provide approximately 10 billion euros in financial support toward Intel’s overall investment in the country.
- The deal is poised to bolster the country’s semiconductor industry and solidify Intel’s position as a leading player in the market.
13. Indonesia Open 2023: Satwiksairaj & Chirag as men’s doubles champions
- Satwiksairaj Rankireddy & Chirag Shetty emerged as men’s doubles champions in the Indonesia Open after beating Malaysian world champion duo of ‘Aaron Chia’ and ‘Soh Wooi Yik’ by 21-17 & 21-18 respectively.
- The 2023 Indonesia Open took place at the Istora Gelora Bung Karno in Jakarta, Indonesia, from 13 to 18 June.
14. Egypt retains World Squash Championship
- Egypt have been crowned the SDAT (Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu) WSF(World Squash Federation) Squash World Cup Champions after beating Malaysia.
- The championship was held from 13 to 17 June in Express Avenue Mall in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Eight countries including India participated in the tournament – Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Egypt, South Africa, Australia, and Colombia.
- Egypt beat Malaysia 2-1 in the final.
15. Max Verstappen wins Canadian Grand Prix
- Max Verstappen, the reigning world champion, showcased an outstanding performance at the Canadian Grand Prix, securing a dominant victory and marking the 100th Formula One win for his Red Bull team. Fernando Alonso, driving for Aston Martin, claimed the second position, while Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes completed the podium in Montreal.
- Verstappen, who started from pole position, clinched his sixth win out of eight races this season, further extending his lead in the championship standings and reinforcing his pursuit of a third consecutive world title. Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz, representing Ferrari, secured the fourth and fifth positions respectively.
Important Current Affairs of 20th June 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments and current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!