Current Affairs 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs 2023 is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 23 June 2023 to help you prepare the Current Affairs 2023 part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the 23 June Current Affairs 2023 covering the news headlines on ‘Knowledge Sharing Platform’, India-US Defence Ties, UK net debt, Nuclear power plant, Semiconductor packaging plant.
Top 12 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 12 important 23 june 2023 news headlines in english updates with national & international news.
1. NHAI launches ‘Knowledge Sharing Platform’ for development of Highways
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has announced the launch of a knowledge-sharing platform by the National Highway Authority of India. This platform aims to promote the inclusive development of national highways.
- It will serve as a collaborative space for experts and citizens to share ideas and knowledge in various fields including road design, safety, construction, environmental sustainability, and related areas.
2. GE Aerospace Signs MoU with HAL to Produce Fighter Jet Engines for IAF: Marking a New Era for India-US Defence Ties
- In a significant development during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s state visit to the United States, General Electric (GE) Aerospace has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), a state-run Indian aerospace company. The MoU paves the way for the joint production of fighter jet engines for the Indian Air Force (IAF) and signifies a new era in the India-US partnership.
- This agreement holds immense strategic importance, as while many countries manufacture their own fighter aircraft, only a select few possess the advanced technology required to produce jet engines.
3. UK net debt passes 100% of GDP for first time since 1961
- The United Kingdom’s public sector net debt has surpassed 100% of its GDP in May, a level not seen since 1961, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
- The rising debt, excluding state-controlled banks, reached £2.567 trillion ($3.28 trillion), representing 100.1% of GDP. Government borrowing in May, though slightly lower than in April, exceeded expectations and remained at a high level, while inflation remained steady, defying predictions of a decline.
4. China inks deal with Pakistan to set up nuclear power plant
- China and Pakistan have signed a significant agreement worth USD 4.8 billion to establish a 1,200-megawatt nuclear power plant. This deal reflects the deepening strategic cooperation between the two nations and comes as a welcome development for Pakistan.
- Pakistan is determined to enhance its energy sector and overcome its economic difficulties by assuring the prompt initiation of the nuclear power plant project.
5. Fitch Raises India’s GDP Forecast to 6.3% for FY24, Citing Strong Economic Momentum
- Ratings agency Fitch has revised its GDP forecast for India, predicting a growth rate of 6.3% for the financial year 2023-24 (FY24). This upward revision from the previous projection of 6% comes as a result of the country’s near-term momentum and a robust performance in the first quarter.
- Fitch highlights the broad-based strength of India’s economy, citing various positive indicators such as a 6.1% year-on-year GDP growth in the first quarter, resilient auto sales, PMI surveys, and credit growth in recent months.
6. GoI approved Micron’s $2.7 bn semiconductor packaging plant
- The Indian cabinet has given its approval to US chipmaker Micron Technology’s plan to invest $2.7 billion to set up a semiconductor testing and packaging unit in Gujarat. The cabinet approval comes ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the United States.
- The government will provide production-linked incentives worth Rs 11,000 crore ($1.34 billion) for the semiconductor plant. The report said Micron Technology’s plans come as the White House presses US chip companies to invest in India with talks ongoing about possible further investments.
- The Biden administration wants the US companies to decrease the risks of doing business in China while better integrating the United States economy with that of India, the report added citing US officials.
7. Apple to launch its credit card in India
- Apple Inc is planning to launch its credit card in India, also known as Apple Card. The iPhone maker is planning to tie up with HDFC bank to bring its credit card to its Indian customers.
- About the Apple Card is in its primitive stage and there has been no concrete decision taken till now. Other than holding discussions with the HDFC Bank CEO, Apple Inc executives have also held discussions with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) related to the legalities of the card, found Monecontrol.
8. Lloyds Banking Group Establishes Tech Centre in Hyderabad, India
- Lloyds Banking Group, one of the leading financial services organizations in the UK, has announced its plans to establish a technology centre in Hyderabad, India. The centre aims to enhance the group’s digital capabilities and will be operational by the end of 2023.
- Lloyds Banking Group, which encompasses renowned brands such as Lloyds Bank, Halifax, and Bank of Scotland, intends to hire 600 professionals for this new venture.
Ranks & Reports News
9. India moves up 8 places to 127 in WEF Global Gender Gap Report
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) recently released the annual Gender Gap Report for 2023, which measures the gender disparity in various aspects of society. India has shown progress by moving up eight places to rank 127 out of 146 countries in terms of gender parity.
- India’s progress in terms of gender parity is notable. Compared to the previous year, India has improved by 1.4 percentage points and eight positions, now ranking 127th out of 146 countries. In the 2022 edition, India was ranked 135th. The country has closed 64.3% of the overall gender gap.
10. SheAtWork founder Ruby Sinha appointed president of BRICS CCI women vertical
- Ruby Sinha has been appointed as the president of BRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry Women’s Vertical (BRICS CCI WE) for a three-year term. Sinha, the founder of SheAtWork and Kommune Brand Communications, will assume the role.
- BRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry is dedicated to fostering trade, commerce, and entrepreneurship among the BRICS nations and other friendly countries. Sinha succeeds Shabana Nasim, who has transitioned to the position of Executive Director of BRICS CCI and Chief Patron of BRICS CCI WE.
11. Railways signs pact with US agency to boost clean energy solutions
- The Ministry of Railways in India has entered into an agreement with the US Agency for International Development (USAID) to accelerate the progress of eco-friendly energy solutions and encourage the use of electric vehicles.
- The memorandum of understanding (MoU) aims to foster cooperation in renewable energy and energy efficiency. The objective is to integrate clean energy sources into the operations of Indian Railways.
- The collaborating entities will jointly develop a customized energy efficiency policy and action plan for the buildings of Indian Railways.
Science and Tech News
12. India Joins NASA’s Artemis Accords for Collaborative Lunar Exploration
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi signed the Artemis Accords during his state visit to the United States, marking India’s commitment to global space cooperation and lunar exploration.
- The accords, initiated by NASA and the US Department of State, provide a framework for collaboration in civil space exploration and use, with a focus on returning humans to the Moon and expanding space exploration to Mars and beyond.
Important Current Affairs of 23rd June 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments and current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!