Table of Contents
Current Affairs 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs 2023 is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 26 June 2023 to help you prepare the Current Affairs 2023 part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the 26 June Current Affairs 2023 covering the news headlines on PM Modi’s Visit to Al-Hakim Mosque, mRNA booster vaccine, Assam’s First Underwater Tunnel, World Bank.
Top 13 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 13 important 26 June 2023 news headlines in english updates with national & international news.
1. The Significance of PM Modi’s Visit to Al-Hakim Mosque in Egypt: Dawoodi Bohra Muslim Community
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the Al-Hakim Mosque in Cairo, Egypt holds great significance, particularly for the Dawoodi Muslim community in India.
- The mosque, which dates back to the 11th century, is named after Al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah, the 16th Fatimid caliph.
- PM Modi’s association with the Dawoodi Bohra Muslim community, known for their contributions in Gujarat, adds to the importance of this visit.
- This article explores the historical background of the Al-Hakim Mosque and the Dawoodi Bohra Muslim population in India, shedding light on why this visit is noteworthy.
2. India’s first Omicron-specific mRNA booster vaccine:GEMCOVAC-OM
- India’s Department of Biotechnology (DBT) has announced the approval of Pune-based Gennova Biopharmaceuticals for emergency use authorization from the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) for its mRNA COVID-19 booster vaccine, GEMCOVAC-OM.
- The vaccine, designed specifically against the Omicron variant of SARS-CoV2, has shown promising results in phase 3 clinical trials, indicating its potential to prevent future waves of the pandemic.
3. Assam’s First Underwater Tunnel To Come Up Under Brahmaputra
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma recently announced the construction of Assam’s first-ever underwater tunnel, connecting Numaligarh and Gohpur.
- This groundbreaking project, estimated to cost Rs 6,000 crores, will be the first rail-road tunnel under the Brahmaputra River in northeast India.
- The tenders for the project are scheduled to open next month, marking a significant milestone in the region’s transportation infrastructure.
4. World Bank Grants USD 255.5 Million Loan to Enhance Technical Education in India
- The World Bank has approved a USD 255.5 million loan to support the enhancement of technical education in government-run institutions across India.
- The project aims to improve the quality of education and provide more career opportunities to students.
- Over the next five years, approximately 275 selected government-run technical institutions will benefit from this funding, benefiting more than 350,000 students annually.
Important Days News
5. United Nations International Day in Support of Victims of Torture: Date and History
- The UN International Day in Support of Victims of Torture is observed on June 26th to commemorate the day in 1987 when the UN Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment came into force.
- This convention is a crucial instrument in the global fight against torture.
- The prohibition of torture is considered a part of customary international law, which means that it is legally binding on all countries, regardless of whether they have ratified specific treaties that explicitly prohibit torture.
- The official website highlights that the systematic or widespread practice of torture is recognized as a crime against humanity.
6. World Drug Day 2023: Date, Theme, Significance and History
- Every year on June 26th, the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking, also known as World Drug Day, is observed to promote global efforts in eliminating drug abuse.
- The focus of this year’s campaign is to increase awareness regarding the significance of treating individuals who engage in drug use with empathy and respect.
- This year World Drug Day’s theme is “People first: Stop stigma and discrimination, strengthen prevention”.
Ranks & Reports News
7. Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2023: Bengaluru Startup Ecosystem Ranks 20th
- The recently released Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2023 (GSER 2023) by Startup Genome provides a comprehensive analysis of startup ecosystems worldwide.
- With data from millions of startups across various ecosystems, the report offers valuable insights into the global startup landscape.
- Bengaluru, known as India’s Silicon Valley, has secured the 20th position on the list, climbing two spots from the previous year.
8. Global Competitiveness Index 2023: Denmark, Ireland, and Switzerland Lead the Way
- The 2023 Global Competitiveness Index, published by the International Institute for Management Development (IMD), has named Denmark, Ireland, and Switzerland as the top three most competitive economies among 64 nations surveyed.
- The report highlights the unique approaches taken by these countries to achieve competitiveness and emphasizes the importance of long-term value creation.
- In this article, we will delve into the rankings, key findings, and notable advancements and challenges faced by various countries.
9. Infosys signs $454 million deal with Danske Bank for digital transformation
- Infosys and Danske Bank have entered into a long-term collaboration aimed at accelerating the bank’s digital transformation goals.
- The collaboration, valued at $454 million for an initial 5-year period, with the potential for three one-year extensions, is intended to support Danske Bank in achieving its strategic objectives of improving client experiences, operational efficiency, and implementing advanced technologies for a modernized technological environment.
- This collaboration is expected to bring speed and scalability to Danske Bank’s digital transformation journey.
10. Singer-composer Shankar Mahadevan receives honorary doctorate in UK
Renowned singer-composer Shankar Mahadevan has been granted an honorary doctorate by Birmingham City University (BCU) in England.
The prestigious recognition is a tribute to his significant contributions to the field of music and the arts. Shankar Mahadevan, 56 years old, is a prominent member of the highly accomplished music composing trio known as Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy.
The honorary doctorate was presented to him by Professor Philip Plowden, the Vice-Chancellor of Birmingham City University, during a ceremony held in Birmingham.
11. PM Narendra Modi receives Egypt’s highest honour ‘Order of the Nile’
- During his official visit to Egypt, Prime Minister Narendra Modi was bestowed with the highest state honor of Egypt, known as the ‘Order of the Nile.’
- This recognition marks the 13th international award received by Prime Minister Modi.
- The prestigious award was presented to him by Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, making it a significant moment as Prime Minister Modi became the first Indian Prime Minister to visit Egypt since 1997.
12. Gautam Adani Launches ‘Jeetenge Hum’ With 1983 Heroes Ahead Of Cricket World Cup 2023
- The Adani Group celebrated its Foundation Day, honoring the Indian cricket team that won the 1983 World Cup.
- The event, dubbed “Adani Day,” took place on the 61st birthday of the group’s founder, Gautam Adani.
- The Adani Group launched the “Jeetenge Hum” campaign during the event, with the goal of rallying support for Team India and boosting morale ahead of the upcoming ICC ODI Cricket World Cup 2023.
13. 1,000-Year-Old Jaina Sculptures Discovered near Hyderabad, Telangana: Largest ‘Dwarapala’ Sculpture Found in Siddipet
- Archaeologists in Siddipet district, Telangana, have made a significant discovery in the form of a 1,000-year-old sculpture.
- This extraordinary find, a ‘dwarapala’ sculpture representing Vijaya, the doorkeeper of Lord Vishnu, surpasses any previously reported findings in Telangana.
- Measuring six feet above the ground and three feet below, with a thickness of 9 inches, the sculpture was carved out of granite stone in relief.
Important Current Affairs of 26th June 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments and current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!