Table of Contents
Current Affairs 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs 2023 is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 29 June 2023 to help you prepare the Current Affairs 2023 part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the 29 June Current Affairs 2023 covering the news headlines on National Research Foundation Bill, TS Singh Deo, RBI’s Financial Stability Report, India’s ‘Green Credit’ Scheme.
Top 14 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 14 important 29 June 2023 news headlines in english updates with national & international news.
1. Cabinet Approves National Research Foundation Bill, 2023 to Strengthen Research Eco-system in India
- The Union Cabinet, led by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has given its approval for the introduction of the National Research Foundation (NRF) Bill, 2023 in the Parliament.
- This significant move aims to establish the NRF, an apex body that will play a pivotal role in seeding, nurturing, and promoting Research and Development (R&D) while fostering a culture of research and innovation across universities, colleges, research institutions, and R&D laboratories in India.
2. Canada launches ‘digital nomad strategy’ for foreign workers
- Canada has taken a proactive approach to address its shortage of skilled workers, particularly in the tech industry.
- During Collision’s tech conference in Toronto, the country’s immigration minister announced the launch of a digital nomad strategy aimed at attracting talented individuals from around the world.
3. TS Singh Deo appointed Chhattisgarh Deputy Chief Minister
- TS Singh Deo was appointed Chhattisgarh Deputy Chief Minister by Congress chief Mallikarjun Kharge. Singh Deo’s appointment was announced in a review meeting held to discuss the upcoming Chhattisgarh Assembly elections at the Congress headquarters in Delhi.
- In 2018, when the Congress returned to power in Chhattisgarh after 15 years, a war of supremacy had broken out between Bhupesh Baghel and TS Singh Deo, over the chief minister’s chair. Later, it was decided that the CM post would be fixed for Baghel for two-and-a-half years and for Deo for the remaining half.
Important Days News
4. National Insurance Awareness Day 2023: 28 June
- National Insurance Awareness Day is annually observed on 28th June to raise awareness about Insurance which offers a layer of protection to guard in various situations and about the benefits of investing in an insurance plan.
- The day also serves as a reminder to people to check if all their insurance payments (or renewals) are up to date.
5. International Day of the Tropics 2023: Date, Significance and History
- International Day of the Tropics is observed annually on June 29. Its purpose is to acknowledge the extraordinary variety of the tropics while shedding more light on the distinctive challenges and opportunities that are faced by tropical areas.
- To raise awareness about the specific challenges of tropical countries at all levels, and the implications and issues affecting the world’s tropical regions, the International Day of the Tropics is observed on June 29 all across the globe.
6. National Statistics Day 2023: Date, Theme, Significance and History
- National Statistics Day is commemorated annually on June 29 to honor the significant contributions made by Professor Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis in the fields of statistics and economic planning.
- Often hailed as the ‘father of Indian statistics,’ Professor Mahalanobis is renowned for developing the Mahalanobis distance, a statistical measure utilized to determine the disparity between a point and a distribution.
7. RBI’s Financial Stability Report Highlights Strong Performance of Indian Banking Sector
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) recently released its 27th Financial Stability Report (FSR), presenting an assessment of the Indian financial system’s resilience and risks.
- Despite global uncertainties and challenges, the Indian economy continues to display robust growth supported by strong macroeconomic fundamentals.
- The banking sector, in particular, has performed well, outshining the turmoil experienced by advanced economies.
8. Meta Launches $250K Mixed Reality Fund for 5 Indian Startups
- Meta has announced the launch of a new Mixed Reality (MR) program in India, offering a $250,000 award to support homegrown startups and developers in building applications and experiences.
- The program aims to foster innovation and establish a national XR technology ecosystem, with selected participants receiving monetary grants, mentoring from Meta Reality Labs specialists, and the opportunity to join Meta’s growing developer ecosystem.
9. Government Releases Draft Rules for India’s ‘Green Credit’ Scheme to Encourage Voluntary Environmental Actions
- The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has recently notified the draft ‘Green Credit Programme (GCP)’ implementation rules for 2023.
- The proposed scheme aims to encourage individuals, industries, farmers producers organisations (FPOs), urban local bodies (ULB), gram panchayats, and private sectors, among others, to undertake environment-friendly actions such as planting trees, conserving water, waste management, and reducing air pollution. By participating in these activities, entities can earn tradable “green credits” that will be incentivized through a market-based mechanism.
10. Cabinet Approves PM-PRANAM and Urea Gold Schemes to Promote Sustainable Agriculture
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has recently approved several schemes aimed at promoting sustainable agriculture and ensuring the well-being of farmers.
- These initiatives include the PM-PRANAM scheme and the introduction of sulphur-coated urea (Urea Gold) to address soil deficiencies. Additionally, the Cabinet has allocated a substantial subsidy for organic manure.
Ranks & Reports News
11. India ranked 67th on Energy Transition Index, Sweden on top: WEF
- India has secured the 67th position in the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) energy transition index, making it the only major economy to witness an acceleration across all dimensions.
- The report, developed in collaboration with Accenture, highlights India’s significant improvements in achieving a secure and sustainable energy transition, reducing energy and carbon intensity, increasing renewable energy deployment and attaining universal access to electricity.
12. Deloitte appoints former SoftBank India head Manoj Kohli as senior advisor
- Deloitte has hired Manoj Kohli, an experienced professional, as a senior advisor. With a remarkable career spanning 44 years and encompassing 30 countries, Kohli held significant positions such as the Country Head of Softbank India.
- During his tenure, he played a crucial role in expanding the firm’s presence in the Indian digital start-up market. Prior to that, he served as the CEO and Managing Director of Bharati Airtel, where he successfully drove the company’s growth and market dominance in India’s telecommunications industry.
13. World Bank President Ajay Banga Named In 2023 List Of Great Immigrants
- Ajay Banga, the President of the World Bank, has been recognised on the Carnegie Corporation of New York’s annual “Great Immigrants” list. He is lauded for his contributions and efforts in enriching America and its democracy.
- With over 30 years of experience in key positions, 63-year-old Banga is expected to usher in transformative policies at the World Bank to combat poverty and address climate change, opening opportunities for people around the globe.
14. Hemis Festival Ladakh 2023
- The Hemis Festival in Ladakh is a renowned religious celebration that attracts numerous tourists to the picturesque region of Leh. Dedicated to the birth anniversary of Lord Padmasambhava, the festival offers a mesmerizing experience of Tibetan Tantric Buddhism.
- With its two-day extravaganza, Hemis Festival offers a captivating display of Cham Dance, traditional performances, and the unveiling of intricate thangkas (Buddhist paintings). This vibrant celebration takes place in the enchanting region of Ladakh, specifically at the Hemis Gompa monastery.
Important Current Affairs of 29th June 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments and current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!