Here are the GK updates and new headlines for 5 July 2023 to help you prepare the Current Affairs 2023 for all banking exams. The Current Affairs of 5th July 2023 covers the news headlines on Bharat 6G Alliance, Sai Hira Global Convention Centre, Iran Becomes Full Member of SCO, ‘Police Drone Unit’, Services Exports Share Doubles to 4.4%.
Top 14 Current Affairs and News Headlines of 5th July 2023
1.India launches Bharat 6G Alliance
- India has taken a significant stride forward in the field of telecommunications, with the acquisition of over 200 patents for 6G technology.
- The announcement was made by the Communications and IT Minister, Ashwini Vaishnaw, during the launch of the Bharat 6G Alliance in New Delhi.
- The alliance, consisting of industry, academia, and the central government, aims to spearhead all 6G-related initiatives in a systematic and methodical manner.
2.PM Modi Inaugurates Sai Hira Global Convention Centre in Andhra Pradesh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated the Sai Hira Global Convention Centre in Puttaparthi, Andhra Pradesh.
- The grand event witnessed the presence of prominent dignitaries and devotees from around the world.
- The Convention Centre, constructed by the Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust, stands as a testament to the vision of promoting cultural exchange, spirituality, and global harmony.
3.Iran Becomes Full Member of SCO: Key Highlights from the India-Hosted Summit
- Iran has officially become a full member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) during an India-hosted virtual summit of the influential grouping.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi and the people of Iran on this significant occasion.
4.India’s first ‘Police Drone Unit’ launched in Chennai
- The Greater Chennai City Police (GCP) has launched ‘Police Drone Unit’ for aerial surveillance over vast areas and quick detection of criminal activities.
- The project, which costs approximately Rs 3.6 crore according a press release by the GCP, was inaugurated by outgoing Tamil Nadu Director General of Police (DGP) C Sylendra Babu, in the presence of Chennai Police Commissioner Shankar Jiwal at Besant Avenue, Adyar.
5.India’s Global Commercial Services Exports Share Doubles to 4.4%: WTO-World Bank Report
- According to a recent report by the World Bank and World Trade Organization (WTO), India has witnessed a significant increase in its share of global commercial services exports.
- The country’s share has doubled from 2% in 2005 to 4.4% in 2022.
- This growth is attributed to various factors, including the rise of the services sector and the implementation of reforms to facilitate foreign direct investment (FDI) in services.
6.State Bank of India celebrates 68th Bank Day
- State Bank of India celebrated its 68th Bank Day on 01st July 2023.
- The Bank was incorporated by an Act of Parliament on 01.07.1955.
- The day was celebrated throughout the country by organizing various programmes at different centers.
Important Days News
7.World Zoonosis Day 2023: Date, Significance and History
- World Zoonoses Day is observed annually on July 6th to honor the achievements of Louis Pasteur, a renowned French biologist.
- On this day in 1885, Pasteur administered the inaugural rabies vaccine, marking a significant milestone in zoonotic disease prevention.
- The observance of World Zoonoses Day serves as a platform to raise awareness about different zoonotic diseases and educate people about preventive measures.
8.Cricketer Ajit Agarkar appointed chairman of Senior Men’s Selection Committee
- The Board of Control of Cricket (BCCI) has appointed Ajit Agarkar as the chairman of the Senior Men’s Cricket Selection Committee.
- The decision was made by the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC), consisting of Sulakshana Naik, Ashok Malhotra, and Jatin Paranjape.
- After interviewing several applicants for the position the CAC unanimously decided to appoint Ajit Agarkar as the chairman.
9.SBI appoints Kameswar Rao Kodavanti as CFO
- State Bank of India, the largest lender in the country, has recently announced the appointment of Kameshwar Rao Kodavanti as its Chief Financial Officer as Charanjit Surinder Singh Attra, the former CFO, resigned from the post.
- Kodavanti, who has been associated with SBI since 1991, brings a wealth of experience in banking, forex, finance, and accounting to his new role.
10.NMDC wins ASSOCHAM Awards for Mineral Development and Employer Brand
- India’s mining major, NMDC (National Mineral Development Corporation), was honored with two prestigious awards at the ASSOCHAM Business Excellence Awards 2023 held in Kolkata.
- The company received the ‘Mineral Development Award’ and the ‘Employer Brand of the Year Award’ in recognition of its significant contributions to the mining sector and its exemplary human resources practices.
11.Britian gave environmental award to Indian conservationists
- King Charles III and Queen Camilla of the United Kingdom recently presented the prestigious Elephant Family environmental award to Indian conservationists.
- The award ceremony recognized filmmaker Kartiki Gonsalves, the creative mind behind the Oscar-winning documentary “The Elephant Whisperers,” and the Real Elephant Collective (TREC), a group of 70 Adivasi artists.
- Both Gonsalves and TREC were acknowledged for their exceptional storytelling, advocacy for coexistence, and dedication to preserving India’s natural world.
12.Lallianzuala Chhangte wins AIFF Men’s Footballer of the Year award for 2022-23
- Indian football team midfielder Lallianzuala Chhangte was named the AIFF Men’s Footballer of the Year for 2022-23 while Manisha Kalyan won her second consecutive Women’s Footballer of the Year award.
13.SAFF Championship 2023 Final: India wins 9th title
- The Indian men’s football team emerged victorious in a thrilling penalty shootout against Kuwait 5-4 in a thrilling penalty shootout, securing the SAFF Championship 2023 title at Bengaluru’s Sree Kanteerava Stadium.
- Ranked 100th in the latest FIFA rankings, India triumphed in their ninth SAFF Championship out of 14 editions. This victory marked their second consecutive triumph after winning the Intercontinental Cup the previous month.
14.New Swarnima Scheme For Women
- The Swarnima Scheme is a term loan scheme introduced by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment to provide financial assistance to women entrepreneurs from backward classes.
- The scheme aims to empower women by offering social and financial security through term loans.
- Implemented by the National Backward Classes Finance and Development Corporation (NBCFDC) and carried out by State Channelising Agencies (SCAs), the scheme facilitates access to loans of up to ₹2,00,000/- at an interest rate of 5% per annum.
Important Current Affairs of 5th July 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments and current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!