IBPS Full Form- IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selections. It is an autonomous body responsible for providing assistance to organizations in various aspects. These aspects includes successfully conducting the different stages of the recruitment process and maintaining the transparency by designing and developing the sufficient assessment tools and conducting examinations as well as evaluating the aspirant’s responses. All these activities are performed by IBPS on the request of the respective organizations.
IBPS Full Form
The Institute of Banking Personal Selections (IBPS) was registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 and also registered under the Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950 as a Public Trust.
|IBPS||Institute of Banking Personal Selections|
|CRP||Common Recruitment Process|
|RRB||Regional Rural Banks|
|IBPS Calendar 2020-21: Check IBPS Exam Dates, Schedules, Download PDF||IBPS PO 2020 Detailed Syllabus for Prelims and Mains||IBPS PO Final Result 2020-Check Final Result Date at @ibps.in|
Vision of IBPS
The IBPS has a vision of evolving and implementing the exceptional and reliable processes and framework for the assessment or selection of personnel by following the fair practices. The above activity is done for various client organizations. It also aims to conduct relevant support research and to publicize the findings.
Join Latest Live Batches to Prepare for Bank Exams
- CHAMPION | REASONING BATCH | Bilingual | Live Class
- ANGREZI MEDIUM | ENGLISH LANGUAGE BATCH | BILINGUAL | LIVE CLASSES
Functions of Institute of Banking Personal Selections (IBPS)
The Institute of Banking Personal Selections (IBPS) undertake various activities of recruitment, promotion, assessment Centre etc. The contribution of IBPS in these areas is as follows:
- Recruitment: The IBPS plays a very major role in the recruitment of Officers, Clerical and Specialist Officers cadre. All these recruitment examination projects involves lakhs of candidates every year. It conducts examinations for various organizations like Public Sector Banks, Regional Rural Banks, Cooperative banks, Private Banks etc. These recruitment examinations includes Common Recruitment Process (CRP) PO/MT, CRP Clerical, CRP RRBs.
- Promotion: The IBPS is also contributing to the entire banking industry by providing valuable services in terms of promotion and placement programmes at different levels.
- Apart from the above two services, IBPS also undertakes admission test projects for various universities and institutes; assesses competencies and skills of the participants for many purposes like recruitments or for promotions or placements; assessment of group dynamics related personality traits and projects where only applications are registered.
Overall, IBPS bestows its services to all the coveted organizations like Reserve Bank of India, National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development, Public Sector Banks, State Bank of India & its associates, few Co-operative banks, Small Industries Development Bank of India, LIC & insurance companies which are regular members of the IBPS society.
As per the official website of IBPS, 1.01 crore candidates applied for different examinations like CRP PO/MT, CRP Clerical, CRP RRBs and various other examinations conducted by the Institute of Banking Personal Selections (IBPS) during the year 2018-19. As a result, IBPS has received the recognition of being a major “Personnel Selection Test Conducting Agency”.
You may also like to read:
- Current Affairs & Daily GK Updates 2020
- Latest GK and Current Affairs Questions With Answers For All Bank Exam
Watch video on How to Crack IBPS Exam 2020!!
Frequently Asked Questions: IBPS Full Form
Q. What is the full form of IBPS exam?
Ans. Institute of Banking Personnel and Selection is the full form of IBPS.
Q. What is the use of IBPS ?
Ans. IBPS is an autonomous testing agency that conducts exams for various organizations.
Q. Is IBPS conducts exams for government job only?
Ans. So far yes IBPS only conducts exams for government jobs only.
Q. Is IBPS easier than SBI?
Ans. Both the exams are difficult but can be cracked with the right approach.
Q. Who can apply for bank exams?
Ans. Any graduate from recognized university can apply for bank jobs.