The community of engineers celebrates the Birth anniversary of the greatest Indian Engineer Bharat Ratna Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya known as sir MV ,who has a flair for engineering complex problem and nation building. 15th September is celebrated as Engineers Day every year to give tribute to the MV sir. This year (2019) we are going to celebrate the 51st anniversary of engineers day and 15th birth anniversary of Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvarayya.
This package Includes IBPS RRB Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
IBPS RRB Mains, IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, LIC ASSISTANT, IBPS SO, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Assistant, IBPS RRB PO Prelims, etc.
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques, and more...
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 14 Months
- 8 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
Know Who Was Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvarayya?
He was born on 15th September 1861 in Muddenahalli near Chikkaballapur. He started his career as one of the most prolific economist, civil engineer, statesman,dam builder, economist, and can be recognized among the last century’s foremost nation-builders. He also served as Diwan of mysore from 1912 to 1918 and worked as chief engineer bearing all the responsibilities for the construction of the Krishna Raja Sagara Dam situated in Mysore as well as as the chief designer of the flood protection system in Hyderabad.He was also awarded with “Bharat Ratna” by Government of India for his outstanding contribution to the society.He also transformed the Mysore state into what was then known as famous ‘model state’. The list of his contribution to the society is endless.
Why Do We Celebrate Engineer’s Day?
It is celebrated to appreciate the great work of Sir MV for the development of various places which are now known as the most developed cities of India. Sir MV is called as international hero, who can be recognized for his great mind in harnessing water resources; after successfully designing and constructing several river dams, bridges and he revolutionized the irrigation system in India by implementing drinking water and irrigation system to all over India.
How Engineer’s Day is celebrated In India?
Every person in the different cities may celebrate the day differently. It is a vast field which includes, technical, civil, mechanical,computer etc. this is the reason why different departments celebrate it in different style. The Difference in celebration can be seen in public and private sector. Public sector follows the annual theme whereas private companies may follow their own.
No doubt, economic growth and advancement of the country depends on the Engineer’s ability to transform it. It is important to rejoice the celebration to keep themselves motivated so that they can efficiently work for the advancement of the country.
Things you should know about Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvarayya:
- He improved the drainage system
- He also introduced block system of irrigation and water weir flood gates, In Mumbai.
- He contributed in railway bridges and water supply schemes in Orissa and Bihar
- He supervised the construction of KRS dam, the then Asia’s biggest dam, in Mysore.
- He served as diwan of Mysore and take over all the responsibility of development projects. Major changes in Agriculture, Irrigation, Industrialization, Education , Banking and Commerce were observed during his service period.
- After proving his excellence in the Poona College of Engineering he was directly( without any interview) hired by Government of Bombay and appointed as Assistant Engineer in Public Works Department.
- He created automatic sluice gates which was later reused for Tigra Dam