Dear students, we all are cognizant that the interview call letters for IBPS PO Recruitment are already out. Having the interview call letter in your hands, you must have already begun to hanker after the sybaritic life ahead of your selection in a public sector bank as a Probationary Officer. Isn’t it so?? Probably, every IBPS PO Interview candidate would get in tune with what I just said.
The next question that hits one’s mind is, “How to score maximum marks in IBPS PO Interview so as to make it to the final selection?” So, students, in such a scenario, Adda247 comes to your rescue with the best tips on how to crack IBPS PO Interview 2017-18. We previously published an article in which we discussed the important points that one must focus on while preparing for IBPS PO Interview. And today, we will be discussing the most recurrent question in the history of interviews, i.e. “Tell us something about yourself…”, and the related cross-questions that one may come across while dealing with this specific question.
The important points that one needs to keep in mind to answer this question efficiently are as follows:
1. Name: When asked to introduce yourself, make it a point to always state your full name first. You must know the meaning of your name and mythological importance of your name. In fact, if the name of any of your family members has a special connection, you must know about that too.
2. Place: Be prepared to face questions like, “What is your hometown famous for?” or “Name the famous personality who hails from the city you belong to?” They may also ask you questions related to the branch of a particular bank in your city. Keep yourself ready with the answer to every such question.
3. Academics/Educational Qualifications: They can ask you to tell them about the name of the institution that you did your graduation from. Disclose the percentage of marks only if you think you have scored fairly well or else you can talk about other achievements you have had in your journey so far. Also, prepare yourself to answer the questions on the main subject/ stream you graduated with.
4. Gap: A gap in employment or academic studies can be a spike in your career profile. Learn to address the issue adeptly and wisely. They just need to know that you didn’t‟t sit idle while you were off from a regular degree or job, so you need to answer the question accordingly.
5. Strengths/Weaknesses: Do not forget to highlight your key strengths that go along with the responsibility of the job role you are applying for. Make sure that that for every strength shared by you, you have a strong personal experience to share, if further asked by the interviewer. The weakness that you mention should be the one that wouldn’t have an impact on your career as a banker.
6. Family: You may also be asked to tell them a few things about your family members. They might put up questions on the organization you mother/ father/ sister/ brother works with. So, keep yourself abreast of every such information so as to answer the questions appropriately.
7. Hobbies: Do mention the extracurricular activities you have been a part of during your overall academic life. Always keep it in mind that you have strong answers related to your hobby if further asked by the interviewers.
Remember to be confident while answering to the interviewers’ questions, as giving a mumble-jumble answer to the interviewers’ questions is going to do no good at all. So, all that you need to do is to keep yourself prepared for every such probable question that might be thrown upon you during the personal interview round and deal with the all with poise. We hope these tips prove to be real helpful to you in your Personal Interview round of IBPS PO Recruitment 2017-18.
Adda247 is also providing the students with an Ebook For IBPS PO 2017 Interview, the objective of which, is to provide students with the real experiences of candidates who appeared for various bank’s interview processes with solved examples of some usual questions asked very frequently and mock exercise set to encourage them to be prepared to face the toughest questions with a decent strategy. The topics put into this book are to equip candidates with basic knowledge of what to expect in Personal Interview round of bank recruitment process. Our ultimate aim is to help students develop de rigueur skills for success with a proper approach.
Some features associated with this book are:
•Complete guidelines to crack Personal Interview of the IBPS PO Recruitment.
•Real Interview experiences of the candidates who appeared for PI in the previous years.
•Tricky Interview Questions with their best answers.
•Do’s and Don’ts for Interview.
•Banking Awareness for PI with the complete theory on Banking.
•Mock Interview Questions and Exercises.
•Current Affairs based Exercises.
You can get this book at 30% off only for today, by using the Coupon Code: CEL30, as Adda247 is celebrating 1 million subscribers of Adda247 Youtube Channel. It’s a limited period offer, get it while the going is good.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
Structured course content
Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
Topic level knowledge tests
Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts