IBPS SO Prelims exam will be held on 28th and 29th of December 2019 only few days are left for the exam and students appearing for it must be feeling bag on their nerves to sail through it. Specialist Officer is a dream job of many, but not all get scrutinized by the bank for the final merit list. Now level of the banking exam is increasing rapidly, it is difficult to give it a cold shoulder now. Sections have become tricky and complex. Now aspirants have to devote more time in getting the concepts clear and moving to advance level. Exam pattern of the IBPS SO Prelims is different for different post although in IBPS SO Mains exam, there will be a subject name professional knowledge to test the skills of the candidates.
IBPS SO exam is an all India level exam so the competition will be higher. Successful candidates will be given posting in PAN India. As IBPS SO exam is conducted every year so the exam pattern is same. There is negative marking and sectional cut off in the IBPS SO prelims exam. Students need to pay attention towards the sectional cut off and negative marking. Now they can not mark answers on the random guessing besides this they have to clear the minimum cut off marks which will be decided by the organization for each section as well as overall cut off to be selected for the IBPS SO Mains.
Students appearing for it, must be in dilemma how to clear the sectional cut off and how they can avoid negative marking. Negative marking is the major factor that should be considered if you are applying for any banking exam. This article is dedicated to the detail tips and strategy to clear IBPS SO Prelims cut off and to avoid negative marking.
Let us understand what is cut off marks?
Cut off are the minimum marks set by the organization to recruit a candidate on the basis of it. If a person score below the marks required to clear the cut off, will not be allow to move on to next phase. But the question arises here, how one can clear the overall cut off by securing more than cut off marks in the bank exams? What should be the criteria to score marks above the minimum qualifying marks and to ace your chances of selection in the bank exams. Here, we will discuss about the tips and tricks to score more than cut off marks in the bank exams. Check if you have prepared to the best of your ability or not?
Tips to clear the cut off marks in the bank exams
- Reroute all your focus towards the important topics and then prioritize your needs to work on them.
- Always start with the basics. Never just go for short tricks in the starting this will puzzled you even with the easiest question in the exam.
- Get your doubts resolved on time. Do not feel ashamed of asking doubts even if it is very easy or basic concept.
- Practice, revise, and memorize. This is how you can achieve your target.
- Never underestimate yourself. Everyone is different and has different abilities. Remember you can do everything.
- Take mock test to analyze yourself. Mock test are necessary to have a real exam like experience and to keep you calm.
- Always challenge your result. If you have scored 80 marks this time, target to achieve 90 next time. Be your own competitor.
- Make notes and regularly revise from them so that you do not have to look for the important topic and points here and there when ever you required them.
- Do not be afraid of attempting even the hardest and complex question. If you have practices such question, you will easily tackle them.
- Be confident and relax. Keep your focus on your goal. just recall in your mind how hard you want to achieve it.
Tips To Avoid Negative Marking in IBPS SO Prelims : All You Need To know
Be sure about your accuracy: Be very choosy with the questions you are sure about as there will be negative marking of 1/4 marks in Mains exam . Attempt only those which will reward you a mark in return. Accuracy in any competitive exam matters the most. So keep a record of your accuracy.
Do not mark answer on guessing: Keep in mind that you will not earn marks just by marking all the questions . Although there may be no negative marking in prelims still your focus should be on the accuracy. So, never mark the answer on just mere guessing it will make you lose 1/4 or the marks alloted against that question. Make sure you only attempt and mark answer of those question, which you are sure about.
Read the instructions carefully: Always go through the instructions before you start solving any question. Sometimes we make up our mind about the type of particular question and examiner may twist it anytime. For instance, we may think to find out the wrong word in the sentence but possibilities are there that examiner may have asked the correctly spell word. So read the instructions to avoid negative marking in the IBPS SO exam.
Check the Close options accurately: There may be questions in the quant or English section in which very close options are given. Don’t be over confident and mark the answer. Check the question carefully and then decide. This mostly happens in the case of Simplification and approximation. Even the difference in the decimal place can make you lose marks in the Main exam due to negative marking.
Language section: Whether you are opting English language or Hindi Language, there may be questions from vocabulary and it has observed that students mark the answer on the basis of what they feel is right not what is exactly right or they do not know the answer on their own. So avoid these common mistakes in the IBPS SO exam.
Check the marked Answer: After solving the question, be careful on marking the answer for the same. Sometimes due to place od decimal or other similar options students ignorantly mark the wrong answer even if they have solved it correctly. Make sure you mark what you have solved.