Karnataka Bank Clerk Salary Structure & Job Profile
Vacancies for the Post of the Clerk
Know the seats you will be competing for:
As soon as the Karnataka bank opened up the portal for the online registration, students are now curious about the details related to the number of seats they will be competing for. One always likes to know about the stage they are stepping on to. Though there is no mention of the number of vacancies for the clerk post. We would like you to hang on to this post, any information related to the number of the vacancies will be updated as soon as released from the concerned bank.
Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka Bank Clerk 2019
- Graduates in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks (First Class)*/equivalent grade from any UGC recognized university. Candidates should be graduates as on 01-07-2019.
- Should be able to speak any one of the vernacular/state languages along with Hindi & English and also be computer literate.
Karnataka Bank Clerk Salary
Now coming back to the topic of salary. Candidates after clearing the exam and the interview will be on probation for a period of six months and on satisfactory completion of the probationary period, will be confirmed, subject to rules and regulations of the Bank. Salary will be as per All India Level Settlements (Current CTC will be approximately Rs. 37,000/- per month).
Allowances are also one of the perk apart from the Basic Pay. A Bank Clerk is eligible for additional allowances such as Dearness Allowance, Special Allowance, Transport Allowance, House Rent Allowance, etc. The salary of a Bank Clerk might differ according to location, i.e. A bank Clerk placed in a Bank situated in an urban or metropolitan city will earn relatively more than a Clerk placed in a Bank situated in a small town or locale.
Karnataka Bank Clerk Job Profile
Mentioned below is a list of responsibilities that are vested upon a Clerk on joining the Bank:
- A Clerk handles and takes care of all customer responsibilities and customer services.
- A Clerk attends to customers’ requirements like the passing of cheques, withdrawal slips, etc. in a Bank.
- He/She ensures compliance with KYC guidelines by RBI.
- He/She maintains and updates the account of the customer and follows them up by calling them in advance.
- A Clerk is also responsible for directing a customer to all the Banking facilities and help them with activities such as opening an account, applying for the loan, passbook updates, etc.
- They also hold the responsibility of reminding the customer of the ongoing and upcoming Banking Schemes for the current financial year.
Karnataka Bank Clerk Syllabus 2019: Detailed Syllabus with Exam Pattern