With the new year arrival comes new opportunities. The Month of January is full of competitive recruitment examination. In this, one being the IBPS Specialist Officer Mains Exam. Specialist Officer works in coordination with other banking officials to to assist them in areas like Information Technology (IT), Marketing, Human Resource etc. In the world of globalization, Information Technology (IT) emerges as the framer of various sector. If you are preparing for IBPS SO Main IT Officer Professional Knowledge, you are the right place as this article will help students who want to pursue their career as a IT Specialist Officer in Public Sector Bank.
IBPS SO Prelims Exam is being concluded on 29th December 2019 to recruit 1163+ candidates. Aspirants must go through the IBPS SO Prelims Exam Analysis in order to check their performance. Also, after the checking the analysis, an aspirant would know where he/she stands among thousands of student. Now, if you have safely made 85-110 good attempts, you will be able to make it through the IBPS SO Prelims Examination. Start preparing for the next phase (Mains Exam) of IBPS SO Recruitment. As per the official notification, IBPS SO Mains Exam is be held on 25 January 2020. This is the high time to start working for the Mains stage.
IBPS SO 2019 Mains Exam Pattern
The mains examination of IBPS SO demands professional knowledge of the field. Here is a pattern for the IBPS SO Law Officer:
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|1||Professional Knowledge||60||60||English and Hindi||45 minutes|
IBPS SO Mains Strategy
IBPS SO Mains Exam is extremely different from the IBPS SO Prelims Exam. In the mains exam, knowledge of your field is tested so that they can pick the eligible candidate for working in coordination with the other bank officials. IBPS SO Prelims is qualifying in nature. The merit list of Specialist Officer is framed in accordance with the mains and interview stage of the IBPS SO Recruitment. So, candidates after appearing for the mains exam should start focusing on the Mains stage to get their name in the merit list.
IBPS SO IT Officer Professional Knowledge Preparation Tips
It is important for an aspirant to understand the nature of the examination before making a strategy for the same.
- IBPS SO Professional Knowledge Test for IT Officer is an objective test consisting of 60 questions and a total score of 60 marks.
- The test is conducted in both Hindi and English with total duration of 45 minutes.
- Solve previous year’s paper to get a proper insight of the IBPS SO Mains Examination.
- Shift to an online mode of study from the conventional ‘pen & paper’ mode because the level of questions have increased and you need to adjust for the same.
- In Professional Knowledge section of IBPS SO (IT), most number of questions will be based on theory. That’s why it’s important that you go through religiously with the theoretical topics.
- There is no need to break your head on practicing a lot of numerical questions.
- Solve Mock Test and analyze them thoroughly. Follow this as a ritual and you will surely sail through.
Topics for IBPS SO IT Officer Professional Knowledge Test
Here are few topics that are to be prepared for the IBPS SO IT Officer Professional Knowledge:
- Database Management Systems (DBMS) (maximum questions are asked from this topic)
- Computer Network
- Operating System
- Computer language (like JAVA and C++) and OOPS concept
- Data Structure
- Software Engineering
- Web Technology
- Computer and Network Security
The three most important topics are:
- Operating System,
- DBMS (Database Management System) and
DBMS (Database Management System) is one of the most important topic. Out of 60 questions, 30-40 questions are from DBMS. Solve as many theoretical questions as possible from different mock test and previous year’s paper so that you don’t have to go with the last minute hussle.
You need to read these three topics thoroughly from the following books:
- DBMS: Fundamentals of Database Systems by Elmasri & Nawathe
- Operating System: Operating System Concepts by Avi Silberschatz, Peter Baer Galvin and Greg Gagne
- Networking: Data communications and networking by Behrouz A Forouzan
Work hard and do not let anything else comes in your way. Choosing the right way is the need of the hour. So, start your preparation from today onwards.
All the best!!