Adda247 always tries to help the aspirants when it comes to their dreams. We always try to help you understand and master the subjects and even the part of that subject that could be important from the exam point of view. This time we will try to make your reading and learning interesting by giving you some ideas to learn vocab and how the words can be used. We will try to give you a green thumb for this section so that you can be helped in your all upcoming banking examinations. You all must have noticed that Vocabulary played a very important role in SBI Clerk and PO exam, Whether it was fillers, spell check or finding synonym or antonym vocabulary was the one thing that could not be left behind for the exams lined up ahead. Even if you are not a banking aspirant still Vocabulary plays a significant role in one’s life. Hope, all your queries will be answered in this article about how to learn vocab.
Introduction to the word ‘vocabulary’:
Vocabulary is something that should be learned in a systematic and with wide Array of question types and activities that will help you understand all the meaning and nuances of every word you are learning. Always pay attention to what you read and hear: and the better you will be able to say what you want to while speaking or writing. Even if you have achieved mastery in vocabulary section we will continue to reinforce what you have learned in the past time to make sure that it all stays fresh in your memory.
Know what you need to learn:
Every day you hear a number of words which may be unknown to you. Hearing plays an important role in learning. Memorize those words and find out the meaning. You can possibly learn all those new words but how to decide what words to learn and from where?
- Learn the words that are important to your subjects.
- Never forget to learn the words that have been asked in the past time whether in SSC or Banking.
- Learn words that you hear time and again.
- Read The Hindu Editorial and mark out the difficult words. Get the meaning of them, and never forget to use them in your day to day life.
How to learn words?
Once you have a list of words to learn, you need to know how you can memorize their meaning as well. Here are a few ideas to learn new words daily.
- Write the new words in the notebook with their Hindi and English meaning and definitions.
- Make use of small cards. Check how can you use them even while playing. So that you can learn while playing.
Write the word on one side of a card and write its meaning and other info as mentioned above on the other side. Play this game with your friends and ask the meaning. If you forget the meaning check the blank sentence and try to fill the suitable word in it, and learn other related words to master this word. In this way, you can make a pack of 10 cards to be leaned in a day. soon you will have the number of cards to be learned easily while playing this will refresh your mind.
- Say the words much time, record your own voice and hear it again and again.
- Put the words into different groups or sentences.
- You can make use of pictures to learn new words.
- Ask someone else to test what you have learned.
Give yourself a vocabulary test:
Once you have learned the number of words, test your self. Write the meaning, definition, synonym, and antonym of the same. Use the word in a sentence and translate it into your own language.
Learn Vocabulary by Reading:
Develop the habit of reading English stories, newspaper, fictional and non-fictional novels. Do not look for the meaning of the difficult words you find while reading instead read them again and again and you will be able to frame its meaning on your own. Cross check it with the dictionary, believe you will never forget the meaning of that word memorized in such way.
Things to know about the words you learn:
- How it is spelled
- How to pronounce it.
- Hoe it is inflected like how it changes from verb to adjective etc.
- How it collocates( what other words can be used with it.)
- The context in which the word is most likely to be used.
We hope all the suggestions given to our worthy students will help you master this section. If you have any doubt mail us at email@example.com.
You may also like to read: