Narendra Modi elected as Prime Minister of India for the second consecutive term. During his second term, the Indian government took some major and key decisions for the country. After the completion of 100 days of his government, let us have a brief view of the key decisions taken by the Modi Government in the first 100 days of its second term:
1. Abrogation of Art–370 and Art-35-A from Jammu & Kashmir
Union Government scrapped article 370 and 35A in J&K and introduced a new bill named “J&K Reorganisation Bill 2019”. The bill bifurcated the state of Jammu and Kashmir into 2 new Union Territories. As per the bill, the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir will have a legislature the same as that of Delhi and union territory in Ladakh will have no legislature, same as that of Chandigarh.
This package Includes IBPS RRB Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
IBPS RRB Mains, IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, LIC ASSISTANT, IBPS SO, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Assistant, IBPS RRB PO Prelims, etc.
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques, and more...
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 14 Months
- 8 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
2. Mega Merger of Public Sector Banks
Union Government announced a big consolidation of public sector banks under which 10 public sector banks are to be merged into four banks. After the amalgamation, the total number of Public Sector Banks in the country will come down to 12 from 27 banks in 2017. The amalgamation of banks will be in the following manner:
- Punjab National Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce and United Bank of India to be merged into one single bank to make India’s 2nd largest bank.
- Canara Bank and Syndicate Bank are to be merged to become the 4th largest public sector bank.
- Union Bank of India, Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank are to be merged to become the 5th largest public sector bank.
- Indian Bank will be merged with Allahabad Bank to become the 7th largest public sector bank.
3. Recapitalisation of public sector banks
The government has also announced capital infusion of over Rs 55,000 crore into 9 public sector banks.
4. Most awaited “Assam’s National Register of Citizens List” released
The most awaited Assam’s final National Register of Citizens list was released and made accessible online and at all NRC seva kendras in the state. From the 3.29 crore applicants, a total of 3.11 crore people were found eligible for inclusion in final NRC list and 19.06 lakh people were excluded from the final NRC list. The updation process of NRC was carried out under The Citizenship Act, 1955, and according to the rules framed in the Assam Accord. The NRC list is the biggest exercise India has undertaken to expel illegal immigrants residing illegally in India.
5. Launching of Chandrayaan-2, India’s second moon mission
Indian Space Research Organisation launched India’s 2nd moon mission “Chandrayaan 2” from Satish Dhawan Space Center at Sriharikota. It was launched by GSLV MkIII-M1 Vehicle at 14:43 hours IST. The lander “Vikram” was scheduled to land on the moon between 1.30 a.m. and 2.30 a.m. (IST). Further the roll out of the rover “Pragyan” was scheduled between 5.30 a.m and 6.30 a.m. Lander “Vikram” started its descent at about 1.38 a.m. from an altitude of 30 km at a velocity of 1,680 metres per second, but lost its communication with the Chandrayaan-2 Orbiter when it was at an altitude of 2.1 Km from Moon’s surface.
6. Prime Minister launched Fit India Movement
On the occasion of National Sports Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the “Fit India Movement” and appealed to the nation to join this fitness movement and make a ‘Fitter & Better India’. The nation-wide Fit India Movement aims to motivate every Indian to incorporate simple, easy ways of staying fit in their everyday life.
7. New “Motor Vehicles Amendment Act, 2019” Goes into Effect
The Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2019 was introduced to amend the 30 years old principle act “Motor Vehicles Act, 1988“. The new “amended act” was implemented from 1st September 2019. The Bill also proposed a scheme to allow cashless treatment of victims of a road accident during the golden hour. The new act aimed to transform the Indian aspect towards the transport system by making Indian roads safer, minimizing corruption and using the technology to revamp the country’s transportation system.
8. Parliament passed the Triple Talaq Bill
President Ram Nath Kovind gave his assent to the triple talaq bill passed by Parliament and hence making it a law. The new law “The Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Act, 2019” makes instant triple talaq or any other similar form of talaq having the effect of instantaneous and irrevocable divorce a criminal offence and prescribes up to three years of imprisonment for Muslim men giving instant triple talaq to their wives.
9. Government constituted new ‘Jal Shakti’ ministry
The government constituted a new unified ‘Jal Shakti’ ministry which targets to provide clean drinking water as well as to fight with India’s water trouble. The new ministry has been constituted by merging the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation and Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
The Narendra Modi led government is also planning to make a better India with his 10-point Vision for the decade. These visions include Minimum Government Maximum Governance, Achieving green Mother Earth and Blue Skies through a pollution-free India, Making Digital India reach every sector of the economy and the government is also working towards making India a 5 Trillion Dollar Economy by 2024.
You may also like to Read:
- Study notes of banking awareness for IBPS Exam
- More questions of banking awareness for bank exams
- More Current affairs questions