NABARD Grade A Preparation: NABARD is all set to conduct NABARD Grade A Prelims Exam on 25 February 2020. Aspirant who are about to appear for the prelims exam must have started their preparation for upcoming challenge being thrown by National Bank For Agriculture & Rural Development (NABARD) to recruit 154 candidates for Grade A (RDBS, Rajbhasha and Legal Service). For a student who is trying hard to enter banking sector for agricultural and rural development must dive into the strategy given here so as to emerge in flying colors.
With rising competition and less number of seats, it is challenging to find your name in the merit list. NABARD Grade A is a three stage recruitment process consisting of Prelims, Mains and Interview. Today’s strategy is focused on the prelims exam preparation. There are various post in Grade A but prelims exam is of same pattern, however, mains varies in accordance with the specified post. Let’s take a look at the NABARD Grade A Prelims Exam Pattern first
Prelims Exam Pattern:
The preliminary exam pattern is same for all three- RDBS, Rajbhasha and Legal Service. There is a negative marks of 1/4th for every wrong attempt.
|S. No.||Subjects||Maximum Marks|
|1.||Test of Reasoning||20 Marks|
|2.||English Language||40 Marks|
|3.||Computer Knowledge||20 Marks|
|4.||General Awareness||20 Marks|
|5.||Quantitative Aptitude||20 Marks|
|6.||Economic & Social Issues (with focus on Rural India)||40 Marks|
|7.||Agriculture & Rural Development (with focus on Rural India)||40 Marks|
|Total Marks||200 Marks|
NABARD Grade A Strategy
There are total of 7 section in the examination, so it not going to be an easy nut to crack. What is to kept in mind is that, there are less vacancies and preparing thoroughly can only help you in sailing through the exam.
Also keep three P’s in your mind during preparation: Practice, Preservance and Patience
Here is the some of the preparation tips:
Undertstand the nature of exam: It is important for a student to understand the structure of the exam before appearing for the exam. Without getting glimpse of the exam’s nature, you will never be able to make through it. Nature and exam pattern are almost have inclining character. Going through the exam pattern should be the first and foremost step in acheiving your target.
Know the topics: Once you are done with the exam pattern, you should go for the topics from where the questions appear in the examination. There are two sub-categories of this:
- Syllabus: Go through the syllabus so that you get a proper insight of what is going to be asked in the examination. Syllabus of each section is important as it is necessary for an aspirants to know all the topics that is to covered for the examination.
- Previous Year’s Paper: This is the most important piece of advise an aspirant should take in order to get selected in Grade A exam. Go through the previous year’s paper of NABARD Grade A as it will not only help you in knowing about the scoring topics but will also help you in knowing what this exam have. Check last 5-7 year’s paper and sort all your doubt reragrding trends and scoring topics.
Plan: A goal without a plan is just a dream which will never get fulfilled. So make a proper plan that will have space for the 7 sections of the examination. English, Economic & Social issue and Agricultural & Rural Development are the sections that carries 40 marks. So, startegize in such a way that cover all the important topics. Maximise your performance by giving focus to the weak as well as striong areas.
Give importance to each sections: You may be having a sharp edge over certain sections or areas but it is important for an aspirant to know the importance of each sections. So, give time to each area and focus more on those areas that carries more marks in the examination
Mock Test: Once you are done with the important topics and previous year’s paper, solve mock test. Solve as many mocks as possible and do not forget to analyse your performance in the end of the mock. Analysis is the crucial step. Mock test has three parts: Attempting, Analysing and Rectifying mistakes. Follow these three steps and get assured success.
Revision: Your preparation is incomplete without revision. So, do not forget to revise every sections for at least 2 times before the actual exam.
Some Quick Tips
- Going through the syllabus, previous year’s paper and exam pattern should the intial step you should follow for the exam.
- Focus on your accuracy and time management and with time your will gain in maintaining speed as well.
- Pick the right study material, keep your resources limited.
- Read newspaper daily and solve quiz to keep your practice intact.
All the best for NABARD Grade A Exam. Perform well and do not waste a single minute in anything.
You may also like to check:
- NABARD Grade A 2020: Notification, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Cut-off, Exam Dates, Application Fees, Online Application Link, Salary