5. Joko Widodo Elected President Of Indonesia For 2nd Term
i. Indonesia’s Joko Widodo has been re-elected as president of the country, beating rival Prabowo Subianto, a retired general.
ii. Widodo and his vice-presidential running mate Ma’ruf Amin won the election by a 55.5% to 44.5% margin over Subianto and Sandiaga Uno.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for LIC AAO Exam:
- Indonesia Capital- Jakarta, Currency- Indonesian rupiah.
- Ambassador of India to Indonesia: Pradeep Kumar Rawat.
6. NITI Aayog Pushes For Rs7,500-crore Proposal For AI Platform
i. Niti Aayog has circulated a cabinet note to provide Rs 7,500 crore for the establishment of AIRAWAT, a cloud computing platform along with research institutes.
ii. This is part of the policy think tank’s proposal to create an institutional framework for artificial intelligence (AI) in the country.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For LIC AAO Mains Exam:
- NITI Aayog: National Institution for Transforming India.
- NITI Aayog CEO: Amitabh Kant, Vice Chairman: Rajiv Kumar.
Banking And Business News
7. Reliance Beats Indian Oil Corporation, Becomes Biggest Indian Company
i. Reliance Industries has toppled state-owned Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) to become the country’s biggest company by revenue.
ii. The Mukesh Ambani-led conglomerate, in the 2018-19 fiscal year that ended March 31, reported a turnover of Rs 6.23 lakh crore. In comparison, IOC posted a turnover of Rs 6.17 lakh crore for the fiscal.
8. SBI Ties Up With FMCG Arm Of The Art of Living
i. The State Bank of India (SBI) has announced a strategic partnership with the FMCG arm of The Art of Living – Sri Sri Tattva.
ii. Under this partnership, YONO users can avail a discount of 15% on the entire range of products offered by Sri Sri Tattva such as food, personal care, healthcare, homecare, BYOGI apparels and Shankara skincare products.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For SBI Mains 2019:
- FMCG stands for Fast Moving Consumer Goods.
- SBI Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar, Headquarters: Mumbai, Founded: 1 July 1955.
9. Brooks Koepka Returns To World No. 1 After 4th Major Title
i. Brooks Koepka (of USA) returned to the top of the world rankings after his nerve-jangling second straight US PGA Championship victory at Bethpage Black.
ii. The 29-year-old American has now won four major titles in his last eight starts and is the first man to ever hold back-to-back titles in two majors at the same time.
10. 3 time Formula 1 World Champion Niki Lauda Passes Away
i. The former Formula One driver and three-time world champion Niki Lauda has passed away at the age of 70.
ii. He hailed from Austria. Niki Lauda, who won titles in 1975, 1977 and 1984, was hugely admired, respected and liked within F1. He won two titles for Ferrari and one for McLaren.
हिंदी में पढ़े
Practice Current Affairs & Banking Quiz
Banker Babu SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Batch With Financial Awareness + 6 Months Current Affairs (Live Classes)