Table of Contents
Read the most important current affairs of 27 December 2023. Today Current Affairs covers the headlines on ‘MY Bharat’ Campaign, Amrit Bharat Train, International Day of Epidemic Preparedness 2023.
Top 15 Current Affairs and News Headlines of 27 December 2023
1.Gwalior Achieves Guinness Record With ‘Largest Tabla Ensemble’ At Tansen Festival
- Gwalior, often hailed as the City of Music, recently witnessed an extraordinary spectacle as 1500 tabla performers converged at the historic Karna Mahal of Gwalior Fort.
- The event, known as ‘Tabla Darbar,’ unfolded as part of the annual ‘Tansen Samaroh’ music festival at the iconic Karna Mahal of Gwalior Fort on the evening of December 25th, drawing attention and acclaim from distinguished guests, including Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Dr Mohan Yadav.
- A team of three from the Guinness Book of World Records was present to personally supervise and document this unprecedented ‘Tabla Darbar’ performance. The meticulous recording process added an official seal to the city’s musical achievement.
2.Health Minister Launched ‘MedTech Mitra’ to Advance Health Solution
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare and Chemicals & Fertilizers, introduced ‘MedTech Mitra,’ a strategic initiative aimed at nurturing the talents of young innovators in the country.
- The platform seeks to shape their research, knowledge, and logic while providing essential support for obtaining regulatory approval.
- The strategic initiative is designed to provide comprehensive support to MedTech innovators, aiding them in refining their research, knowledge, and logic, while also facilitating regulatory approvals for their healthcare solutions.
3.Union Minister Anurag Singh Thakur Initiated ‘MY Bharat’ Campaign
- Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Anurag Singh Thakur, recently addressed the youth after the launch of the MY Bharat campaign, expressing confidence in India’s remarkable progress on the global stage.
- He emphasized the significant strides made across various sectors, attributing the success to the government’s initiatives.
- The minister commended the growth of India’s startup ecosystem, emphasizing that the country has surged to become the third-largest in the world, surpassing the United Kingdom.
- The minister also lauded the Make in India program for transforming India into the seventh-largest manufacturer of mobile phones globally.
4.PM Modi to Soon Flag off Amrit Bharat Train with Push-Pull Technology
- India’s rail network continues to evolve, with the recent unveiling of the Amrit Bharat train, set to be flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw highlighted the advanced features of the train, emphasizing the incorporation of push-pull technology for enhanced speed and passenger comfort.
- An essential feature of the Amrit Bharat train is its use of semi-permanent couplers, which eliminate the possibility of shocks within the train.
- The Amrit Bharat train prioritizes passenger comfort through thoughtful amenities. Each seat is equipped with charging points, catering to the increasing reliance on electronic devices during travel.
5.Indian PM Crosses 2 Crore Subscribers, Leaving World Leaders in the Dust
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has cemented his dominance in the digital realm, becoming the first world leader to surpass the 2 crore subscriber mark on YouTube.
- With over 4.5 billion views on his channel, Modi has left his global peers trailing far behind, highlighting his adeptness at utilizing social media for public engagement.
- Modi enjoys a commanding lead in both subscribers and views, with Former Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro a distant second at 64 lakh subscribers, less than a third of Modi’s total.
6.KSRTC Unveils ‘Namma Cargo’ Logistics In Karnataka
- Minister for Transport for Karnataka, Ramalinga Reddy inaugurated the initiative under the brand name “Namma Cargo,” introducing cargo services on KSRTC route buses.
- The launch event saw the deployment of 20 cargo trucks to kickstart the ‘Namma Cargo’ services in various districts across the state.
- Minister Reddy announced ambitious plans for the ‘Namma Cargo’ services, with a goal to induct 100 trucks within the first month of operation. Looking ahead, KSRTC aims to escalate the number of cargo trucks to 500 within a year.
7.Amit Shah Reveals Chandigarh Projects Worth 368 Crore Rupees
- In a significant development for the city of Chandigarh, Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated nine projects with a total investment of 368 crore rupees.
- Additionally, he laid the foundation stone for three ambitious projects valued at 32 crore rupees. This marks a substantial commitment to the infrastructural and developmental growth of Chandigarh.
- Amit Shah also flagged off a fleet of Chandigarh Police cars, collectively valued at 3.75 crore rupees. Among them, a state-of-the-art police control vehicle named ‘Eagle‘ was introduced. This move aims to enhance the operational capabilities and efficiency of law enforcement in the city.
8.Coca-Cola Scores a Victory Lap: Secures 8-Year Partnership with ICC as Global Cricket Partner
- The iconic brand Coca-Cola has cemented its long-standing relationship with the sport, signing an eight-year deal as the global partner of the International Cricket Council (ICC) until the end of 2031.
- This partnership marks a significant extension from their initial five-year agreement in 2019, solidifying Coca-Cola’s position as a major player in the cricketing world.
- This extended partnership stands as one of the longest-ever collaborations between the ICC and a single brand, highlighting the mutual strength and value both parties find in this association.
9.PLI Schemes Drew Rs 95,000 Cr Investments By September 2023: Centre
- The production-linked incentive (PLI) schemes introduced by the Indian government have emerged as a key driver for attracting investments and boosting manufacturing across various sectors.
- As of September this year, these initiatives have garnered an impressive Rs 95,000 crore in investment, marking a significant stride towards enhancing India’s manufacturing capabilities and exports.
- In the Union Budget 2021-22, the government allocated a substantial outlay of Rs 1.97 lakh crore for the PLI schemes, underscoring their strategic importance in fostering economic growth.
- Of the total electronics production worth USD 101 billion in 2022-23, smartphones constituted USD 44 billion, with USD 11.1 billion attributed to exports.
Important Days News
10.International Day of Epidemic Preparedness 2023
- Every year on December 27th, the world unites to observe the International Day of Epidemic Preparedness.
- The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) established the International Day of Epidemic Preparedness in December 2020, acknowledging the long-term harm caused by major infectious diseases and epidemics, particularly COVID-19.
- This vital day serves as a stark reminder of the ever-present threat of infectious diseases and the critical need for proactive measures to combat them. This day aligns with the Sustainable Development Agenda 2030, promoting global health and well-being.
11.Santosh Jha Assumes Role As India’s New Envoy To Sri Lanka
- India’s diplomatic ties with Sri Lanka have taken a new turn with the appointment of Santosh Jha as the country’s new High Commissioner.
- This development comes as Jha takes over the role from Gopal Baglay, who has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Australia.
- Jha has previously served in Sri Lanka, holding the position of Counsellor at the High Commission from 2007 to 2010, where he played a crucial role in handling matters related to commercial and economic affairs.
12.Vita Dani Makes History As First Indian On ITTF Governing Board
- Vita Dani, a prominent sports entrepreneur, has etched her name in history by becoming the first Indian to be appointed as a governing board member of the International Table Tennis Federation’s (ITTF) Foundation.
- The ITTF Foundation, established in 2018, aims to enhance the appeal of table tennis and attract a more diverse audience to the sport.
- ITTF and ITTF Foundation President Petra Sorling warmly welcomed Vita Dani to the ITTF family, acknowledging her passion for the sport’s growth and its potential as a catalyst for development.
13.Sony Sports ropes in Kartik Aaryan as brand ambassador for football
- Sony Sports Network (SSN) has kicked off a new era of football enthusiasm in India by appointing Bollywood heartthrob and Gen Z icon Kartik Aaryan as their official brand ambassador for the beautiful game.
- The primary objective is to bring football closer to a wider Indian audience and foster a passion for the sport across different generations.
- His popularity among the youth and broad appeal make him an ideal choice to connect with a diverse audience and ignite enthusiasm for the sport.
14.‘Word of the Year’ (2023) by Different Dictionaries
- Oxford Dictionary: Rising to the top spot for Oxford is “Rizz”, a slang term referring to one’s natural charm, charisma, and ability to attract romantic partners.
- Merriam-Webster: Merriam-Webster champions “Authentic” as its Word of the Year. This choice highlights a yearning for genuineness and self-expression in a world increasingly saturated with artifice and digital filters.
- Collins Dictionary: For Collins Dictionary, the future reigns supreme. Their Word of the Year is “AI” (artificial intelligence), recognizing its transformative potential and its ever-growing influence on various aspects of our lives.
- Cambridge Dictionary and Dictionary.com: Interestingly, both Cambridge Dictionary and Dictionary.com share the same Word of the Year: “Hallucinate”.
15.Visva-Bharati Researchers Discover Bacteria Named After Rabindranath Tagore
- A team of researchers from Visva-Bharati University’s botany department have identified a new bacteria strain capable of boosting plant growth and named it ‘Pantoea Tagorei’ in honor of Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore.
- Pantoea Tagorei has the potential to significantly reduce the need for commercial fertilizers. This could lead to cost savings for farmers and boost crop yields.
- Tagore was a vocal advocate for sustainable farming practices and believed in the importance of promoting self-sufficiency in food production. Naming the bacteria Pantoea Tagorei is a way of honoring Tagore’s legacy and his contributions to agriculture.
27 December 2023 CURRENT AFFAIRS | ALL EXAMS IMP. CURRENT AFFAIRS | ASHISH GAUTAM SIR