Table of Contents
Current Affairs 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs 2023 is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 03rd June 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs 2023 part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 03rd June 2023 covering the following news headlines: Coromandel Express Derails, Celeste Saulo, 100 Days 100 Pays’ Campaign, ‘GOBARdhan’ Scheme, PM-Kisan Scheme.
Top 12 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 12 important Daily General Knowledge 2023 updates with national & international news.
1. Coromandel Express Derails and Collides with Two Other Trains in Odisha
- A devastating train accident occurred in Odisha, resulting in a tragic triple train crash involving Coromandel Express and two other trains. The incident claimed the lives of at least 233 people and left approximately 900 injured.
- The details surrounding the cause of the Coromandel Express derailment and subsequent collisions are still under investigation. The state government has declared a day of mourning, and rescue operations are underway to aid the victims and their families.
2. WMO gets Celeste Saulo as its 1st female Secretary-General
- Celeste Saulo of Argentina has been appointed as the first female Secretary-General of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO).
- Saulo won a landslide vote at the UN Climate and weather agency’s Congress in Geneva. Saulo has served as the director of Argentina’s National Meteorological Service since 2014.
3. North Korea’s First Spy Satellite Launch Ends in Failure
- In a setback for North Korea’s space ambitions, the country’s first attempt at launching a military spy satellite ended in failure.
- South Korea’s military confirmed that wreckage from the carrier rocket was found in its western waters, indicating a failed launch.
4. RBI Launches ‘100 Days 100 Pays’ Campaign to Settle Unclaimed Deposits
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has recently initiated the ‘100 Days 100 Pays’ campaign, aimed at tracing and settling the top 100 unclaimed deposits of every bank in every district within a span of 100 days.
- This campaign is part of the RBI’s ongoing efforts to reduce the quantum of unclaimed deposits in the banking system and ensure their rightful return to owners or claimants. With the launch of this campaign, the RBI hopes to bring attention to the issue of unclaimed deposits and facilitate their resolution.
5. ‘GOBARdhan’ Scheme: Govt launches unified registration portal for biogas projects
- The “GOBARdhan” scheme launched by the Government of India is in the news for its unified registration portal, which acts as a one-stop repository for assessing investment and participation in the biogas/CBG (Compressed Biogas) sector.
- The scheme aims to convert organic waste, such as cattle dung and agricultural residue, into biogas, CBG, and bio-fertilizers, thus promoting a circular economy and waste-to-wealth generation.
6. PM-Kisan Scheme: Empowering Indian Farmers for a Resilient Agriculture Sector
- At Pathikonda in Kurnool district, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, provided financial aid to farmers for the fifth consecutive year through the YSR Rythu Bharosa-PM Kisan program.
- In this year’s initial installment, CM Jagan distributed a total of Rs 3,923.21 crore to 52,30,939 farmers. Consequently, each farmer received Rs 5,500 directly into their bank accounts from the YSRCP state government, in addition to an extra Rs 2,000 from the Centre as a component of the PM Kisan Yojana.
7. NATO launches Arctic exercises, pledges protection of Finland
- The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) countries have kicked off military exercises with a pledge to defend their newest member, Finland, which is hosting its first joint training in the Arctic region since becoming part of the Western alliance in April.
- Nearly 1,000 allied forces from Norway, the United Kingdom and the United States – as well as NATO applicant Sweden – joined approximately 6,500 Finnish troops and some 1,000 vehicles for exercises this week, which mark Finland’s biggest modern-time land-force drill above the Arctic Circle.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- NATO Founded: 4 April 1949, Washington, D.C., United States;
- NATO Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium.
Summits and Conferences News
8. India, Vietnam hold 3rd Maritime Security Dialogue in New Delhi
- India and Vietnam recently held the 3rd Maritime Security Dialogue in New Delhi, underscoring their commitment to sustaining a secure maritime environment amidst growing Chinese aggression in the region.
- The dialogue brought together senior officials from both countries, focusing on reinforcing regional and international mechanisms to enhance comprehensive maritime security.
Ranks and Reports News
9. Dubai Emerges as India’s Top Choice for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
- According to the latest fDi Markets Report and the Dubai FDI Monitor, Dubai has secured its position as the leading destination for foreign direct investment (FDI) from India in the calendar year 2022.
- India ranked among the top five source countries for announced FDI projects and estimated FDI capital in Dubai, solidifying the emirate’s appeal to Indian investors. This article examines the key findings and highlights the sectors and trends contributing to this growing partnership.
10. World Bicycle Day 2023: Date, Theme, Significance and History
- World Bicycle Day is an annual event celebrated on June 3rd. It was established by the United Nations General Assembly in 2018 to recognize the bicycle as a simple, affordable, reliable, clean and environmentally fit sustainable means of transport.
- The selection of this date is significant as it commemorates the anniversary of the invention of the bicycle by Karl von Drais in 1817. The theme for this year’s World Bicycle Day is “Riding Together for a Sustainable Future.”
11. Ghanaian writer and feminist Ama Ata Aidoo passes away at 81
- Ama Ata Aidoo, the iconic Ghanaian writer whose classics The Dilemma of a Ghost and Changes were taught to children in West African schools for decades, has died aged 81.
- The death of the playwright and poet who was famous for her feminist ideals was announced on Wednesday in a short statement by her family.
12. Shalini Singh becomes the first female NCC cadet to complete mountaineering course
- Shalini Singh made history as she completed the mountaineering course in the Himalayan area of Uttarakhand as the country’s first female NCC cadet. Shalini Singh, a 20-year-old NCC cadet from Lucknow, has become the first female cadet in India to complete the advanced mountaineering course.
- She scaled a 15,400-foot peak in the Dring Valley in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand as part of the course.
Important Current Affairs of 03rd June 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!