Current Affairs 11th April 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 11th April 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 11th April 2023 covering the following news headlines: first edition of Dogri version, Vibrant Village program, Aam Aadmi Party, FPI destinations in FY23, largest economy by 2027-28.
Top 19 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 19 important Daily General Knowledge 2023 updates with national & international news.
1. Criteria for becoming national party
- According to the Election Symbols (Reservation and Allotment) Order, 1968, a political party can be recognized as a national party if it satisfies any of the following three conditions:
- If the party wins at least 2% of seats in the Lok Sabha (the lower house of Parliament) from at least three different states in a general election.
- If the party secures at least 6% of the total valid votes polled in any four or more states, at a general election to the Lok Sabha or to the Legislative Assembly.
- If the party is recognized as a state party in at least four states.
2. India releases first edition of Dogri version of Indian Constitution
- On April 10, 2023, India released the first edition of the Dogri version of the Indian Constitution.
- The release of this version is a significant step towards promoting linguistic diversity and preserving the cultural heritage of the country.
- Dogri is a language spoken in the northern Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir and is one of the 22 official languages recognized by the Indian Constitution.
3. Amit Shah launches Vibrant Village program at Kibithu border village in Arunachal Pradesh
- On April 7, 2023, India’s Home Minister Amit Shah launched the Vibrant Village program at Kibithu, a border village in Arunachal Pradesh.
- This program aims to bring about the overall development of rural areas and transform them into self-sufficient and prosperous communities.
- Kibithu is a remote village located at an altitude of 9,000 feet above sea level, near the India-China border.
4. Election Commission grants national party status to Aam Aadmi Party
- In a significant development, the Election Commission has granted national party status to the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).
- The party’s recognition as a national party is based on its electoral performance in four states- Delhi, Goa, Punjab, and Gujarat.
- With this recognition, the AAP joins the list of national parties in India such as the Bharatiya Janata Party, Congress, Bahujan Samaj Party, and Communist Party of India (Marxist).
- The recognition also means that the party can contest elections in all states and union territories of India.
5. Mauritius down; Norway, Singapore gain as FPI destinations in FY23: Report
- Data provided by the National Securities Depository indicates that in the fiscal year 2022-23, overseas capital flows into Indian capital markets originating from Mauritius experienced the sharpest decline, while Norway and Singapore gained popularity.
- he assets under custody (AUC) from Mauritius decreased by almost 42% to Rs 6.66 trillion by the end of March 2023, down from Rs 10.88 trillion the previous year.
6. India will be third largest economy by 2027-28: Piyush Goyal
- In a recent address to the Indian diaspora community in France, Union Minister Piyush Goyal announced that India is set to become the third-largest economy in the world by 2027.
- Currently the fifth-largest economy, India has been experiencing an average annual growth rate of around 7% over the last decade, driven by factors such as a growing middle class and a focus on innovation and entrepreneurship.
7. IRDA and the role it plays in the Insurance sector
- The term “IRDA” refers to the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority, which functions as the regulator of India’s insurance industry.
- Its responsibilities include overseeing the operations of Life Insurance and General Insurance companies in the country, to safeguard the interests of policyholders and regulate the insurance sector.
- The IRDA’s primary objective is to regulate the industry and ensure the protection of policyholders.
- To understand more about the role and functions of the IRDA in the Indian insurance sector, continue reading to discover more about this apex body of insurance providers in India.
8. SBI to launch new current accounts and savings accounts in FY24 to attract deposits
- The State Bank of India (SBI) has revealed plans to introduce new variants of current accounts and savings accounts in the fiscal year 2023-24, as it seeks to reduce the gap between deposit growth and credit growth.
- The bank intends to launch two new variants of current accounts, one with a balance of ₹50,000 and another with a balance of ₹50 lakh. It also plans to introduce a new savings account called “Parivar” (family) account.
9. National Safe Motherhood Day 2023 observed on 11th April
- On April 11 every year, National Safe Motherhood Day is observed with the objective of promoting the well-being and safety of mothers and expectant mothers by increasing awareness of proper healthcare.
- This initiative, launched by the Indian government, aims to decrease the number of maternal and neonatal deaths.
- In the past, India was recognized as one of the most perilous countries to give birth, responsible for 15% of all maternal fatalities worldwide.
Summits and Conferences
10. Recap of the United Nations 2023 Water Conference: Actions Taken and Challenges Faced
- The United Nations 2023 Water Conference was held in New York.
- The United Nations 2023 Water Conference was held after a 46-year gap, coinciding with the review of the implementation of the UN Decade for Action on Water and Sanitation (2018-2028).
- The review was conducted due to the realization that we are not on track to meet SDG No. 6 for water, which aims to ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all by 2030.
- The theme of the conference was “Our watershed moment: uniting the world for water.”
- The first water conference was held in Mar de Plata, Argentina, in 1977, and resulted in the first global Action Plan recognizing that all peoples have the right to access drinking water of a quality and quantity equal to their basic needs.
11. Ministry of Culture promotes Indian folk arts and culture abroad through Global Engagement Scheme
- The Ministry of Culture in India is dedicated to promoting Indian Folk Arts and Culture abroad through various initiatives.
- The Global Engagement Scheme is one such initiative that organizes Festivals of India in other countries to showcase the country’s rich culture, including folk art, exhibitions, dance, music, theatre, film, food festivals, and yoga events.
- This scheme also highlights the diverse culture of North-East India to the world.
- The ministry provides grant-in-aid to Indo-Foreign Friendship Cultural Societies to organize programs and activities that promote the country’s culture across the world.
Ranks & Reports News
12. Power Minister R K Singh launched the State Energy Efficiency Index 2021-22 report
- The State Energy Efficiency Index (SEEI) for 2021-22 indicates that Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Rajasthan, and Telangana are the top-performing states, with a score of over 60 points on various parameters used to evaluate state-level energy efficiency initiatives.
- Union Power Minister R K Singh launched the State Energy Efficiency Index (SEEI) 2021-22 report.
13. Mumbai among 19 cities with the best public transport in the world
- Berlin in Germany has been named the city with the most exceptional public transport system globally, according to a survey conducted by Time Out, a London-based media outlet that specializes in the hospitality industry and identifies itself as a global brand committed to urban life.
- Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic, came in second place. Mumbai, the top-ranked Indian city, secured the 19th spot in the rankings.
14. IIT-Bombay and UIDAI join hands to develop touchless biometric system
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has partnered with the Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay (IIT-Bombay) to develop a touchless biometric capture system that is easy to use and accessible from anywhere.
- The collaboration involves joint research between the two organizations to create a mobile fingerprint capture system and a liveness model that is integrated with the capture system.
15. Indian Grandmaster D Gukesh Wins Title At World Chess Armageddon Asia And Oceania Event
- In the World Chess Armageddon Asia & Oceania event, Indian Grandmaster D Gukesh, who is a teenager, pulled off a major upset by defeating former world rapid champion Nodirbek Abdusattorov of Uzbekistan in the final.
- Gukesh emerged as the winner in a thrilling summit clash that was full of ups and downs.
- The first game of the match ended in a draw after Gukesh employed a perpetual check strategy.
- However, he managed to win the following game, securing the championship. Both Gukesh and Abdusattorov have qualified for Armageddon’s Grand Finale in September.
16. David Warner becomes fastest to score 6000 runs in IPL
- During a match against Rajasthan Royals at the Barsapara Stadium in Guwahati, Delhi Capitals’ captain David Warner became the fastest batsman to reach 6000 runs in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- He is now the third player to achieve this feat after Virat Kohli from Royal Challengers Bangalore and Shikhar Dhawan, captain of Punjab Kings.
- It took Warner 165 innings to reach this milestone, while Kohli and Dhawan achieved it in 188 and 199 innings respectively.
17. Legendary theatre actor Jalabala Vaidya passes away
- Jalabala Vaidya, a renowned theatre artist and co-founder of Delhi’s Akshara Theatre, passed away at the age of 86.
- Born in London to Indian author and freedom fighter Suresh Vaidya and English classical singer Madge Franckeiss, Jalabala Vaidya began her career as a journalist and contributed to various national newspapers and magazines in Delhi.
18. J&K LG Manoj Sinha inaugurates Tulip Garden in Jammu
- Manoj Sinha, the lieutenant governor, has opened a Tulip Garden in the Jammu region at Sanasar’s Ramban Hill Resort.
- The garden spans five acres (40 Kanals) and is part of a ₹6.91 crore initiative.
- It is an expansion of the existing Tulip Garden, which was established on four kanals of land two years ago.
- The new garden is situated between the proposed golf course and the current lake.
19. 196th birth anniversary of Jyotirao Govindrao Phule
- Jyotirao Phule Jayanti is an annual observance in India, celebrated on April 11th every year to commemorate the birth anniversary of Jyotirao Phule.
- Jyotirao Phule was a prominent social reformer, philosopher, and writer who played a crucial role in women’s education and the upliftment of the oppressed castes in India during the British rule.
- He was born on April 11, 1827, in Maharashtra, and his contributions to the Indian society and culture are celebrated on this day.
Important Current Affairs of 11th April 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!