Current Affairs 22nd and 23rd January 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 22nd and 23rd January 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 22nd and 23rd January 2023 covering the following news headlines: Parakram Diwas 2023, India Open Badminton Championship, AMPHEX 2023, PhonePe, International Hockey Federation, Directorate of General of Civil Aviation.
Person of the Day: Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
Top 18 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 18 important Daily General Knowledge 2022 updates with national & international news.
1. PM Modi Pays Tribute Netaji, to Name 21 Andaman Islands After Param Vir Chakra Awardees
- On Parakram Diwas, Prime Minister Narendra Modi participate in a ceremony to name 21 largest unnamed islands of Andaman & Nicobar Islands. The islands would be named after the 21 Param Vir Chakra awardees.
- The historic significance of the Andaman & Nicobar Islands and to honour the memory of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, Ross Islands was renamed as Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Dweep by the Prime Minister during his visit to the Island in 2018.
2. PM Modi Distributed Land Title Deeds or ‘Hakku Patra’ to Banjaras
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi distributed title deeds or ‘Hakku Patra’ to over 52,000 eligible beneficiaries from the Lambani nomadic tribes residing in northern Karnataka. The five families were among the 50,000-plus families to whom land title deeds were distributed during the programme. The event was organised by the state Revenue Department at Malkhed, in the Kalaburagi district of Karnataka.
- A Hakku Patra in Kannada means “Claim Letter”. The words “Hakku” mean “the right”. A legal document known as a “Hakku Patra” details a person’s legitimate inheritance or ownership of a particular property.
3. Brazil and Argentina to Begin Preparations for Common Currency
- Brazil and Argentina aim for greater economic integration, including the development of a common currency, Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva and Argentine leader Alberto Fernandez said in a joint article they penned.
- They also decided to advance discussions on a common South American currency that can be used for both financial and commercial flows, reducing costs of operations and external vulnerability.
- The plan, set to be discussed at a summit in Buenos Aires, will focus on how a new currency which Brazil suggests calling the “sur” (south) could boost regional trade and reduce reliance on the U.S. dollar.
4. Himachal Pradesh targets to be first ‘green energy state’ by 2025
- The Himachal Pradesh government intends to make the state as the first Green Energy State by the end of 2025 by harnessing hydro, hydrogen and solar energy and switching to green products.
- The State is projected as a Power State in the Country and under the visionary leadership of Chief Minister Thakur Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu, the state government is resolute to promote, develop and harness optimally, the huge energy potential of the State.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Himachal Pradesh Capital: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter);
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister: Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu;
- Himachal Pradesh Governor: Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar.
5. Assam CM Nominated Charaideo Maidam to Seek UNESCO World Heritage Tag
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced that the Centre has nominated the maidams of Ahom Kingdom in Charaideo to seek a UNESCO World Heritage Site tag. The historic maidams of Ahom Kingdom in Charaideo were chosen out of 52 sites for the UNESCO World Heritage Site tag.
- The Maidams of Ahom Kingdom in Charaideo if selected as a UNESCO World Heritage site will be the first World Heritage site under the category of cultural heritage in northeastern India. CM Himanta Biswa Sarma also informed that the nomination of the Charaideo maidams comes at the time when India is celebrating the 400th birth anniversary of Lachit Barphukan. Lachit Barphukan was the legendary general from the Ahom community who fought the Mughals in 1671.
6. CM Naveen Patnaik Inaugurated ‘International Craft Summit’ in Odisha
- Chief Minister of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik inaugurated an ‘International Craft Summit’ in Jajpur. The International Craft Summit is the first-of-its-kind craft summit to feature pioneer craftspersons, culture, and art enthusiasts.
- CM Naveen Patnaik addressed the inaugural event of the International Craft Summit virtually and noted that it is a historic occasion for Odisha.
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has inaugurated the 3-day International Craft Summit in Jajpur, Odisha.
- Jajpur was the ancient capital of Odisha and has existing assets of religious tourism, urban tourism, and Buddhist tourism.
- The CM also noted that Jajpur has the potential to become a major tourist hub and the cultural heritage of Jajpur is reflected in its vibrant art forms.
7. Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann Launched ‘School of Eminence’ Project
- Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann launched the ‘School of Eminence’, an ambitious project of the Punjab government. CM Bhagwant Mann noted that it is a revolutionary step towards ensuring a bright future for students. The Punjab government fixed a budget of Rs 200 crore for the ‘School of Eminence’ project.
- The five pillars of the ‘School of Eminence’ are state-of-the-art infrastructure, academics, human resource management, sports, co-curricular activities, and community engagement.
- The project is also concerned with inducing innovative teaching methods for the students to guide for professional examinations.
- CM Bhagwant Mann noted that the schools are being set up keeping in mind the aspirations of the freedom fighters which prepare students for future needs and help make Punjab a role model in the field of education.
- He described teachers as Nation-builders and informed that teachers have played an important role in bringing qualitative change in the field of education.
8. Vikram Dev Dutt named as next DGCA director general
- The appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Vikram Dev Dutt as the next director general in the Directorate of General of Civil Aviation (DGCA). He will take over as the head of the aviation regulator on February 28, 2023.
- He will be succeeding the incumbent DGCA chief Arun Kumar. Earlier, Dutt had also served as the CMD of Air India. He had taken charge in January last year.
- In 2022, Dutt was appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Air India Ltd as part of a senior-level bureaucratic reshuffle effected by the Centre. Dutt is a 1993-batch IAS officer of AGMUT (Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram and Union Territory) cadre. Kumar, a 1989-batch IAS officer, was leading the DGCA as its director general since July 2019.
9. FIH tie-up with JSP Foundation for hockey development and Men’s World Cup
- The International Hockey Federation (FIH) Partners with JSP Foundation for Hockey Development and Men’s World Cup Lausanne, Switzerland. The International Hockey Federation (FIH) is thrilled to announce that it has signed a partnership with JSP Foundation for its development programs.
- FIH will be working closely with JSP Foundation for some of its key initiatives for hockey development over the coming months. This partnership will also see the JSP Foundation coming onboard the ongoing FIH Odisha Hockey Men’s World Cup 2023 Bhubaneswar-Rourkela as a Global Partner.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- International Hockey Federation Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland;
- International Hockey Federation CEO: Thierry Weil;
- International Hockey Federation Founded: 7 January 1924, Paris, France;
- International Hockey Federation Founder: Paul Léautey;
- International Hockey Federation Motto: FairPlay Friendship Forever.
10. PhonePe Raises $350 Mn From General Atlantic, Joins India’s Decacorn Club
- Payments and financial services unicorn PhonePe has raised $350 million in funding from General Atlantic, a leading global growth equity firm, at a pre-money valuation of $12 billion, making the Walmart-owned start-up the most-valued financial technology (fintech) player in India.
- The investment is the first tranche of the company’s latest fundraise that could see marquee global and Indian investors put in up to $1 billion in the fintech firm. With this funding round, the home-grown digital payments start-up has more than doubled its valuation — from $5.5 billion in 2020. With a $12-billion valuation, it has joined the decacorn club.
11. Indian Navy conducts “AMPHEX 2023” mega exercise in Andhra
- Indian Navy has carried out a six-day-long mega military exercise along with the Indian Army and the Indian Air Force near Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh. The “largest” biennial tri-services amphibious exercise AMPHEX 2023 was conducted from January 17 to 22.
- The exercise is to review the preparedness of the Indian Navy and the Army during the war, national calamities and coastal security enforcement. The exercise is being conducted near the Naval Enclave at Suryaraopeta village in Kakinada rural Mandal off Kakinada coast.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief of Naval Staff: Admiral R Hari Kumar;
- Indian Navy Founded: 26 January 1950;
- Indian Navy headquarters: New Delhi.
12. An Seyoung Won Women’s singles final at India Open Badminton Championship
- Korean sensation An Seyoung wins the women’s singles final in the India Open Badminton Championship held at D. Jadhav Indoor Stadium in New Delhi. An Seyoung defeated the World No. 1 Japanese Akane Yamaguchi 15-21, 21-16, and 21-12 at the India Open Badminton Championship.
- It was a two-time world championship and world no.1 Yamaguchi’s third straight final on the BWF World Tour.
- Akane Yamaguchi lost the opening game 15-21 before coming back to win the match with solid defense and an array of strokes. She won the second game 21-16.
- The match lasted one hour and two minutes, this was also An SeYoung’s sixth win against Yamaguchi, who won ten times previously.
Books and Authors News
13. “India’s Knowledge Supremacy: The New Dawn” Book Written by Dr Ashwin Fernandes released
- A book titled “India’s Knowledge Supremacy: The New Dawn” Written by international Indian expat, Dr Ashwin Fernandes has released globally. This book was launched by Honourable Minister of Education of India Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, at an event at Dr Ambedkar International Centre. This New book launched focuses on India’s knowledge supremacy, journey showcasing changing trends in newly emerging India.
- Book is Written by international Indian expat, Dr Ashwin Fernandes, who heads QS Rankings in Middle East, Africa and South Asia, who states that this book deep dives into the shifts in higher education that India has faced since ancient times.
- The book uncovers and provides for interesting reading with an intellectual treat of India’s rising superpowerstatus and is designed for all age groups. The book is published by Bloomsbury Publishing, a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. It is now available on Amazon and Flipkart.
14. Parakram Diwas 2023 celebrates as Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Birth Anniversary
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti or Netaji Jayanti is a national event celebrated in India as Parakram Diwas on January 23 to mark the birth of prominent Indian freedom fighter Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
- This year nation celebrates 126th birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. For the first time, Netaji Jayanti was celebrated as Parakram Divas in 2021 on the occasion of his 124th birthday. In West Bengal, Jharkhand, Tripura, and Assam, it is a recognised holiday. On this day, the Indian government honours Netaji.
15. Lt Governor R K Mathur Launched ULPIN in Ladakh Calls it a ‘Game Changer’
- Lieutenant Governor R K Mathur launched the Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN) in the Union Territory, with both hill councils of Kargil and Leh welcoming the initiative. The 14-digit ULPIN would help in the digitization of land records and also reach a conclusive land titling.
- Terming ULPIN as a “game changer” and the next step in ‘SVAMITVA’ for digitization and computerization of land revenue records. R K Mathur informed the importance of 100 percent coverage of land revenue records in Ladakh and completion of the exercise at the earliest.
16. American India Foundation Inaugurated First STEM Innovation and Learning Center in Chennai
- The American India Foundation (AIF) inaugurated India’s first STEM Innovation and Learning Center (SILC) in the presence of the Minister for School Education, Thiru Anbil Mahesh Poyyamozhi. STEM Innovation and Learning Center is inaugurated under the scheme of Vanavil Mandram at the Government Higher Secondary School, MMDA Colony, Chennai.
- AIF’s award-winning flagship education program- Digital Equalizer has designed the Centre to be a one-stop solution for STEM among students and teachers.
- The Centre will introduce students to a transdisciplinary learning approach through robotics, AI, Space Technology, and the STEM Incubation workstation.
- It aims to nurture their curiosity in advanced STEM courses while also assisting them in developing their innovative ideas into prototypes and providing a platform to take part in State, National, or international level competitions.
- The Tech Corner is fitted with a smart lab, and it will facilitate teachers to conduct techno-pedagogy-enabled classes for their students as well as receive training on the Digital Equalizer Way of Teaching (DEWoT)- A unique method developed by AIF to address all types of learning in the classroom.
- The center also contains a Studio Setup to assist teachers in creating high-quality DE Edu reels.
Important Current Affairs of 22nd and 23rd January 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!