Current Affairs 27th April 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 27th April 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 27th April 2023 covering the following news headlines: India Pavilion, Diwali as an Official State Holiday, Rail Vikas Nigam Limited, International Girls, Quad Summit, One Earth One Health.
Top 17 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 17 important Daily General Knowledge 2023 updates with national & international news.
1. India Pavilion At Global Education & Training Exhibition Inaugurated At Dubai
- The ‘Study in India Pavilion’ at the Global Education & Training Exhibition (GETEX) in Dubai was inaugurated by the Consul General of India in Dubai, Dr. Aman Puri on April, 26, 2023.
- Organized by the Services Export Promotion Council with the support of the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, the India Pavilion at GETEX 2023 is being held from 26-28 April 2023 at Dubai World Trade Centre, Dubai, UAE.
- The pavilion, spanning over 200 sqm, features more than 30 universities and edtech stakeholders of Indian higher education.
2. US State Pennsylvania Recognizes Diwali as an Official State Holiday
- Senator Nikil Saval tweeted that the state of Pennsylvania in the United States has declared Diwali, the Hindu festival, as a national holiday.
- The legislation to make Diwali an official state holiday was introduced by State Senators Greg Rothman and Nikil Saval in February of this year.
- The bill was passed unanimously by the Senate. According to My Twin Tiers, there are almost 200,000 South Asian residents in Pennsylvania, many of whom celebrate Diwali as a time for gathering and reflection.
3. Rail Vikas Nigam Limited now a Navratana
- The state-owned railway company Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) was in focus as the Indian Government upgraded its status to a ‘Navratna’ Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) from a ‘Miniratna’ category.
- The decision to upgrade RVNL was approved by the Finance Minister and is set to take effect from April 26, 2023.
- RVNL is a mid-cap company under the Ministry of Railways, with an annual turnover of Rs 19,381 crore and a net profit of Rs 1,087 crore for the year 2021-22.
- This makes it the 13th Navratna company among the CPSEs in India.
4. International Girls in ICT Day 2023: 27th April
- International Girls in ICT Day is an annual event celebrated on the fourth Thursday of April to encourage and empower girls and young women to explore and pursue careers in the field of Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- This day helps to promote gender equality and diversity in the field of Information and Communication Technology (ICT). It raises awareness about the gender gap in the tech industry and inspires women to consider careers in ICT.
Summits and Conferences
5. Australia To Host Third In-Person Quad Summit
- The upcoming Quad Summit in Sydney is set to mark a significant milestone in the growing cooperation between the four democracies of the Indo-Pacific region.
- The Quad, comprising the United States, Japan, India, and Australia, has been seeking to promote a free and open Indo-Pacific, with a focus on maritime security, infrastructure development, and economic integration.
- The third in-person Quad Summit, which will be held on May 24, will see the participation of US President Joe Biden, Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese.
- The leaders are expected to discuss a range of issues related to regional security, economic development, and pandemic recovery.
6. PM inaugurates 6th Edition of One Earth One Health
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated and addressed the One Earth One Health – Advantage Healthcare India – 2023 conference at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi via video conferencing.
- The conference was attended by health ministers from across the world, as well as delegates from West Asia, SAARC, ASEAN, and African regions.
- In his address, PM Modi emphasized the importance of holistic healthcare and a healthy ecosystem for human well-being.
7. Pankaj Singh elected unopposed as cycling federation president
- Pankaj Singh, the BJP MLA from Noida and son of Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, has been elected unopposed as Cycling Federation of India (CFI) president in the Annual General Body meeting in Nainital.
- Maninder Pal Singh was elected as secretary general for the second consecutive term while Sudeesh Kumar of Kerala was elected as the treasurer. Twenty six states and boards affiliated to CFI participated in the AGM.
8. Hari Hara Mishra takes charge as CEO of Association of Asset Reconstruction Companies
- Hari Hara Mishra has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Association of Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARCs).
- The ARCs are the voice of all Asset Reconstruction Companies in India and have been active for over eight years. Currently, there are 28 ARCs registered with the Reserve Bank of India.
Ranks and Reports
9. India Climbs 6 Spots to 38th in World Bank’s Logistics Performance Index 2023
- According to the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, India’s rank in the 7th edition of the World Bank’s Logistics Performance Index 2023 has improved by 6 positions, and it now stands at 38th among 139 countries.
- The ministry further stated that India has shown significant progress in 4 out of 6 LPI indicators.
- The government claimed in an official statement that India’s improved logistics infrastructure is evidence of the country’s global standing.
- They attribute this development to their concentrated effort on reforming logistics infrastructure.
10. Atal Pension Yojana (APY) Surpasses 5.20 Crore Enrollments
- In a recent report, the number of people enrolled in the Atal Pension Yojana has surpassed 5.20 crore as of March 31, 2023.
- In the fiscal year 2022-23, over 1.19 crore new subscribers joined the scheme, a growth of more than 20% compared to 99 lakh in the previous financial year.
- The scheme has accumulated assets under management of more than Rs. 27,200 crore and has yielded an investment return of 8.69% since its inception.
11. Breast surgeon Dr Raghu Ram honour with Telugu Association of London award
- Dr Raghu Ram Pillarisetti, a renowned surgeon, has been awarded the lifetime achievement award by the Telugu Association of London.
- He is the founding director of the AKIMS-Ushalakshmi Centre for Breast Diseases located in Hyderabad.
- Despite his relatively young age, Dr Raghuram has become one of the few people to receive the award. He is also the only Indian living outside the UK to be bestowed with this honor.
12. Dalai Lama Gets 1959 Ramon Magsaysay Award In Person After 64 Years
- After a 64-year wait, members of the Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation personally presented the 1959 Ramon Magsaysay Award to the Dalai Lama at his residence.
- The award was the first international recognition given to the spiritual leader for his exceptional leadership of the Tibetan community’s courageous fight in safeguarding their sacred religion, which serves as the foundation of their culture and way of life.
- The award was given by the Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation in the Philippines in August 1959.
13. PM to inaugurate national games in Oct: Goa CM
- Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant announced that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the National Games in Goa in October 2023.
- The announcement was made after a meeting between Sawant, State Sports Minister Govind Gaude, and Indian Olympic Association chairperson PT Usha to review preparations for the event.
- According to Sawant, the inauguration ceremony is tentatively scheduled for October 23 or 24, depending on the Prime Minister’s availability. The ceremony will be held at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Fatorda, South Goa district.
14. Odisha FC clinch Hero Super Cup 2023 with a 2-1 victory over Bengaluru FC
- Odisha FC won the Hero Super Cup 2023 Final by defeating Bengaluru FC 2-1. Diego Mauricio scored both goals for Odisha FC, the first one from a free kick in the 23rd minute and the second one in the 37th minute.
- Despite Bengaluru FC’s efforts, Odisha FC maintained their lead and did not face any major challenge. Bengaluru FC managed to score a goal through a penalty taken by Sunil Chetri in the 85th minute, but it was not enough to make a comeback in the game.
Books and Authors News
15. Amitav Ghosh’s new non-fiction book ‘Smoke and Ashes’ to release in July 2023
- On July 15th, HarperCollins’ Fourth Estate will publish a book titled “Smoke and Ashes: A Writer’s Journey Through Opium’s Hidden Histories” by Amitav Ghosh.
- The book is a combination of a memoir, a travelogue, and a deep dive into the economic and cultural history of opium.
- Ghosh explains that the book is based on the vast amount of research he conducted while writing his trilogy of novels between 2005 and 2015. Overall, “Smoke and Ashes” explores the hidden and often overlooked aspects of opium’s impact on history and society.
16. Ex Odisha MP And 3 Time MLA Trilochan Kanungo passes away
- Trilochan Kanungo, a prominent economist and a long-standing member of the Biju Janata Dal (BJD) party, has died at the age of 82.
- Mr. Kanungo was previously the chairman of Cuttack Municipality and served as the chairperson of the state finance commission.
- He was born on November 24, 1940 in the village of Badamulei in Cuttack district and had been residing in the Sheikh Bazaar area of Cuttack city for the past few years.
17. Veteran actor Mamukkoya passes away at the age of 76 years
- Popular Malayalam actor Mamukkoya passed away. He was 76 years old. He made his acting debut in the theatre in 1979. Before that, he worked in a timber mill in Kozhikode.
- In his four-decade-long career, Mamkukkoya acted in over 450 Malayalam films. He also appeared in a French film titled Flammens of Paradise.
Important Current Affairs of 27th April 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!