Current Affairs 31st March 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 31st March 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 31st March 2023 covering the following news headlines: Quantum Computing Telecom Network, 3-Star Garbage Free, UAE Vice-President, Defence Ministry, Transgender Day, World Backup Day, Hero Motocorp CEO.
Top 15 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 15 important Daily General Knowledge 2023 updates with national & international news.
1. India’s First Quantum Computing-based Telecom Network Link Now Operational: Ashwini Vaishnaw
- India’s first quantum computing-based telecom network link has been made operational between Sanchar Bhawan and National Informatics Centre office in New Delhi.
- Telecom Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw announced prize money of Rs 10 lakh for ethical hackers who can break the encryption of the system and also launched a hackathon challenge for anyone who can break the system developed by C-DoT, with a reward of Rs 10 lakh per break.
2. “Swachhotsav 2023- 1000 Cities are targeted to become 3-Star Garbage Free by October 2024”
- During the International Zero Waste Day 2023 in New Delhi, Sh. Hardeep S. Puri, The Hon’ble Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs, announced that 1000 cities are targeted to achieve a 3-Star Garbage Free rating by October 2024.
- The GFC-Star rating protocol, launched in January 2018 to promote a competitive and mission-driven approach among ULBs, has seen a significant increase in certification since its inception.
- The Minister commended the ‘Swachhta Doots‘ from all over the country, praising them for being agents of change and leaders in their communities, as well as for their ability to turn challenges into opportunities for livelihood.
3. UAE President appoints Sheikh Mansour as Vice-President
- The UAE President, Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, has appointed his brother, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, as the Vice President of the country.
- The appointment was endorsed by the UAE Federal Supreme Council. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the current Vice President, will continue to hold the same position.
- Additionally, Sheikh Mohamed, who is also the Ruler of Abu Dhabi, has designated Sheikh Tahnoun bin Zayed and Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed as the Deputy Rulers of Abu Dhabi.
4. Defence Ministry inks deal worth over Rs 1,700 crore to boost critical weapon system production
- The Ministry of Defence (MoD) signed a contract worth over Rs 1,700 crore with BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited (BAPL) for the procurement of Next Generation Maritime Mobile Coastal Batteries (Long range) (NGMMCB-LR) and BrahMos Missiles under the Buy (Indian) Category.
- Delivery of NGMMCBs equipped with supersonic BrahMos Missiles is expected to start in 2027, and they will significantly improve the Indian Navy’s ability to carry out multi-directional maritime strikes.
5. International Transgender Day of Visibility 2023 observed on 31st March
- Transgender Day of Visibility is an annual holiday observed on March 31st to celebrate the accomplishments and contributions of transgender people, as well as to raise awareness of the discrimination and violence faced by the transgender community worldwide.
- Transgender Day of Visibility is an important opportunity to celebrate the diversity of gender identities and expressions and to promote understanding and acceptance of the transgender community.
6. World Backup Day 2023 observed on 31st March
- World Backup Day is an annual event that takes place on March 31st to raise awareness about the importance of data backup and protection.
- The day encourages individuals and organizations to take proactive steps to safeguard their data and prevent the loss of important information due to hardware failure, cyberattacks, or other unforeseen events.
7. International Day of Drug Checking 2023 observed on 31st March
- The International Day of Drug Checking is an annual event that has been observed since 2017 on March 31st.
- The purpose of the day is to educate people about drugs and their effects and to promote harm reduction initiatives to reduce the risks associated with drug use.
- The main objective is to raise public awareness about the availability of drug checking services and organizations worldwide.
- The day emphasizes the importance of harm reduction actions related to drugs and aims to decrease drug-related risks.
8. Hero Motocorp Board appoints Niranjan Gupta as CEO
- The Board of Hero MotoCorp announced the appointment of Niranjan Gupta as the new Cheif Executive Officer (CEO) of the company, effective from May 1.
- Gupta, who currently serves as the CFO and Head of Strategy and M&A, will be elevated to the new role.
- Meanwhile, Pawan Munjal will remain the Executive Chairman and Whole-time Director on the Board.
9. 51-year old Elon Musk becomes most followed Twitter user
- Elon Musk, the CEO of Twitter, has achieved the highest number of followers on the platform, exceeding former US President Barack Obama, who held the record since 2020.
- According to Guinness World Records, Twitter has around 450 million monthly active users, and Elon Musk has accumulated more than 133 million followers, which accounts for about 30% of the platform’s total users.
- Musk assumed the role of CEO of Twitter on October 27, 2022, with 110 million followers, and within five months, his followers increased to 133 million.
- Previously, he ranked third after Barack Obama and Justin Bieber in terms of the most followed Twitter users.
10. Tata Power approves re-appointment of Praveer Sinha as CEO and MD
- Tata Power has re-appointed Praveer Sinha as the company’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director.
- His re-appointment to the top post is for a period of four years from May 1, 2023, to April 30, 2027, subject to the approval of members of the company, Tata Power said in a regulatory filing.
- His present tenure as CEO and MD is scheduled to conclude on April 30, 2023.
11. Star Sports signed Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh as its brand ambassador
- Star Sports, which is owned by The Walt Disney Company India, has appointed Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh as its brand ambassador.
- This is a significant step for the brand as it seeks to tap into Singh’s immense popularity and love for sports to reach a wider and more diverse audience that may not have previously engaged deeply with sports.
- Singh will act as the “sutradhaar” or narrator for the upcoming season of the Indian Premier League (IPL), which the company is branding as the “Incredible League”.
- He will also participate in creating content for the IPL, which is scheduled to begin on March 31st.
Books and Authors
12. A book titled “War & Women” written by Dr MA Hasan released
- During the 52nd Session of the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) in Geneva, Switzerland, a book entitled “War and Women” was launched.
- The author, Dr M A Hasan, presented the book, which highlights the suffering of Bengali women who were victims of sexual violence perpetrated by the Pakistan Army during the 1971 war.
- The event was organized by the Bangladesh Freedom Fighters Sansad in Europe, and it was considered a significant moment for raising awareness about the issue.
13. Niyogi Books released a new book ‘Why can’t Elephants be Red?’
- Vani Tripathi Tikoo, an actor and member of the Indian censor board, has written her debut children’s book titled “Why Can’t Elephants be Red??” published by Niyogi Books.
- The book is about a two-and-a-half-year-old girl named Akku who is imaginative, adventurous, and growing up in Gurgaon and Singapore.
14. Runner Lashinda Demus Awarded Olympic Gold Medal Over A Decade Later
- Lashinda Demus, a runner from the United States, has been awarded an Olympic gold medal at the age of 40, more than a decade after the 2012 London Games.
- This came after the International Olympic Committee stripped Natalya Antyukh, the original gold medalist in the 400-meter hurdles, of her title due to her involvement in the Russian doping scandal.
- Antyukh had beaten Demus by just 0.07 seconds on the London track, but historical evidence recovered from a Moscow testing laboratory database allowed the Athletics Integrity Unit to disqualify Antyukh’s results from July 2012 through June 2013.
15. Jaipur to get India’s 2nd largest cricket stadium named after Anil Agarwal
- Vedanta’s Hindustan Zinc Limited (HZL) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Rajasthan Cricket Association to build the world’s third-largest cricket stadium in Chonp village, Jaipur.
- This project involves an investment of INR 300 crore, making it one of the largest corporate investments in India’s sports infrastructure.
- The stadium will be named the Anil Agarwal International Cricket Stadium, Jaipur.
Important Current Affairs of 31st March 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!