Current Affairs 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs 2023 is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 31st May 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs 2023 part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 31st May 2023 covering the following news headlines: Sachin Tendulkar, International Civil Aviation Organization, Central Vigilance Commissioner, Digital Banking Platform.
Top 14 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 14 important Daily General Knowledge 2023 updates with national & international news.
1. Nigeria: Bola Tinubu Sworn in as President
- Bola Tinubu was sworn in as the President of Nigeria on May 29, amidst mounting pressure to address the country’s persistent economic and security issues.
- The inauguration ceremony, held at Eagles Square in the capital city of Abuja, was attended by both local and foreign dignitaries.
- However, Tinubu’s victory in the February elections has been met with challenges, as his opponents have raised allegations of electoral fraud. As the new leader, Tinubu must confront the country’s economic distress, security concerns, and the need for political stability.
2. Justice Rao Sworn In As Himachal pradesh High Court CJ
- Justice Mamidanna Satya Ratna Sri Ramachandra Rao has officially become the 28th Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh High Court. In a ceremony held at the Raj Bhawan, Governor Shiv Pratap Shukla administered the oath of office to Justice Rao.
- Chief Minister Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu was also present at the event. The proceedings of the oath ceremony were conducted by Chief Secretary Prabodh Saxena, who read out the Warrant of Appointment issued by the President of India in both Hindi and English languages.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister: Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu;
- Himachal Pradesh Governor: Shiv Pratap Shukla;
- Himachal Pradesh Official tree: Deodar cedar;
- Himachal Pradesh Capitals: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter).
3. Sachin Tendulkar now ‘smile ambassador’ for Maharashtra govt
- The Eknath Shinde-led Shiv Sena-Bharatiya Janata Party government named cricket great Sachin Tendulkar as Maharashtra’s ‘Smile Ambassador’ under the state’s ‘Swachh Mukh Abhiyan’ to spread awareness about oral health and hygiene across the state.
- The batting legend will be the face of the state medical education and drug department’s Swachh Mukh Abhiyan (SMA) and has offered his association free of cost, and for the entire duration the government wishes to run the programme.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Maharashtra Governor: Ramesh Bais;
- Maharashtra Chief minister: Eknath Shinde;
- Maharashtra Capital: Mumbai.
4. Angshumali Rastogi India’s representative to global civil aviation org
- Senior bureaucrat Angshumali Rastogi was appointed India’s representative to the council of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in Montreal, Canada, according to a Personnel Ministry order.
- Rastogi, a 1995 batch officer of the Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers (IRSME), has been appointed in place of Shefali Juneja for three years. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved 12 appointments for filling up various foreign posts, the order said.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- International Civil Aviation Organization Headquarters: Montreal, Canada;
- International Civil Aviation Organization Founded: 7 December 1944;
- International Civil Aviation Organization Council President: Salvatore Sciacchitano.
5. Praveen Kumar Srivastava Sworn In as Central Vigilance Commissioner
- Praveen Kumar Srivastava, a retired 1988-batch Indian Administrative Service officer of the Assam-Meghalaya cadre, has been officially sworn in as the Central Vigilance Commissioner. The ceremony took place at Rashtrapati Bhavan, where President Droupadi Murmu administered the oath of office to Srivastava.
- He had been serving as the acting Central Vigilance Commissioner since December, following the completion of Suresh N Patel’s tenure as the chief of the probity watchdog.
6. Equitas SFB Collaborates with IBM to Build a Digital Banking Platform
- Equitas Small Finance Bank has entered into a partnership with IBM Consulting to develop and construct a digital banking platform.
- This collaboration aims to enhance Equitas’ digital product offerings and service capabilities, as the bank adapts its business for the digital-first generation. The joint effort will focus on providing a secure and streamlined banking experience to customers.
7. RBI Annual Report 2022-23: General Government Deficit and Debt Moderate to 9.4% and 86.5% of GDP, Respectively
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released its annual report for the fiscal year 2022-23, highlighting significant improvements in the general government deficit and debt.
- The report notes that the general government deficit moderated to 9.4% of GDP, while the government debt stood at 86.5% of GDP. These figures represent a decline from the peak levels of 13.1% and 89.4% recorded in 2020-21, respectively.
8. Rise in Fake Rs 500 Notes Detected in India, RBI Annual Report Reveals
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) annual report for the fiscal year 2022-23 has shed light on the increasing number of counterfeit banknotes in circulation in India.
- The report highlights a significant rise in the detection of fake Rs 500 notes compared to the previous year.
- Additionally, it provides insights into the dominance of Rs 500 and Rs 2,000 banknotes in terms of value, as well as the prevalence of fake notes in other denominations. The report also addresses the decision to withdraw Rs 2,000 banknotes from circulation. Let’s delve into the details.
9. Urban Unemployment in India Declines to 6.8% in January to March 2023 quarter
- The urban unemployment rate in India has continued its downward trajectory, reaching 6.8% in the January to March 2023 quarter. This marks the seventh consecutive quarter of decline and indicates a positive trend in the urban labor market’s recovery from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The latest data from the periodic labor force survey reveals encouraging signs of economic revival, with the lowest quarterly unemployment rate recorded since the inception of the survey. As India prepares for upcoming state elections, job creation remains a critical issue on the agenda.
10. India clinches title of CAVA Women’s Challenge Cup 2023
- India has won the title of NSC-CAVA Women’s Volleyball Challenge Cup held in Kathmandu. India won the title by defeating Kazakhstan in the final at the National Sports Council’s Covered Hall in Tripureshwor, Kathmandu. India defeated Kazakhstan in a shared set of 3-0.
- India won the first set 25-15, the second set 25-22, and the third set 25-18. Along with this, India finished the competition by remaining undefeated.
11. India to Host 14th Clean Energy Ministerial and 8th Mission Innovation Meeting alongside G20 Energy Transitions Ministerial in Goa
- India is set to host the 14th Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM-14) and 8th Mission Innovation (MI-8) meeting in Goa from July 19th to 22nd, 2023. The event will take place on the sidelines of the G20 Energy Transitions Ministerial Meeting.
- With the theme “Advancing Clean Energy Together,” this year’s CEM and MI meetings will bring together global stakeholders, including governments, international organizations, private sector entities, academia, innovators, civil society, and policymakers.
- The four-day program will feature high-level ministerial dialogues, global initiative launches, award announcements, minister-CEO roundtables, and a diverse range of side events related to clean energy transition.
12. Leadership Development Programme in Science & Technology: Nurturing Next Gen Scientific Leaders
- In order to achieve Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s vision for scientific and technological progress in India by 2047, the National Centre for Good Governance (NCGG) and the Indian National Science Academy (INSA) have collaborated to introduce the ‘NCGG – INSA Leadership Programme in Science & Technology (LEADS).
Books and Authors News
13. A book titled ‘NTR: A Political Biography’ by Ramachandra Murthy Kondubhatla
- Journalist, editor and writer, Ramachandra Murthy Kondubhatla, has authored a new book titled “NTR-A Political Biography” which presents a realistic picture of Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao (NTR), the star figure in the discourse on cinema and politics in the two Telugu States (Andhra Pradesh and Telangana).
- The book, published by HarperCollins India, commemorates the centenary year of NTR. The book uncovers many facets of, NTR’s life and his impact on Politics at the state and national level.
14. World No Tobacco Day 2023 observed on 31st May
- World No Tobacco Day is an annual event held on May 31, organized by the World Health Organization (WHO) to promote awareness about the detrimental consequences of tobacco usage and advocate for policies aimed at reducing tobacco consumption.
- The primary goal of this initiative is to educate the public about the health hazards associated with tobacco use, encompassing both smoking and smokeless tobacco products.
- It emphasizes the significance of quitting tobacco and urges governments, organizations, and individuals to actively combat tobacco use. This year the theme for World No Tobacco Day is “We need food, not tobacco”.
Important Current Affairs of 31st May 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!