Current Affairs 3rd March 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 3rd March 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 3rd March 2023 covering the following news headlines: International Yoga Festival, Vietnam’s new president, Assembly Results 2023, Director-General of SSB, India’s Unemployment rate.
Top 19 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 19 important Daily General Knowledge 2022 updates with national & international news.
1. International Yoga Festival 2023 Held on Banks of Ganges in Rishikesh
- The International Yoga Festival 2023 will be held in Rishikesh from 1st March to 7th March 2023. The International Yoga Festival 2023 is the main attraction of Bharat Parv this year.
- The six-day event of the International Yoga Festival 2023 will promote the rich heritage and diverse natural wonders of the state and it is a significant point of discussion among those visiting the Uttarakhand Tourism pavilion at the event held in Red Fort.
2. Vietnam parliament elects Vo Van Thuong as new president
- The country is changing its top leadership as it continues its anti-corruption campaign. The National Assembly(NA) of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam elected Vo Van Thuong(Võ Văn Thưởng) (52 years old), a member of the Politburo of the Communist Party of Vietnam, as the new President of Vietnam for a term running until 2026.
- Mr. Vo Van Thuong took oath as the new president of Vietnam during the National Assembly’s extraordinary meeting in Hanoi, Vietnam. Vương Đình Huệ, Chairman of NA, on behalf of the parliament has recognised the oath of the new President.
3. Assembly Election Results 2023, BJP Held Power of Tripura and Nagaland
- As the counting of votes for the Assembly Election Results 2023 has been done, the BPJ took the lead and crossed the halfway mark in both Tripura and Nagaland.
- In Tripura, Manik Saha will be the Chief Minister and serve his second term, he defeated the veteran Congress leader Ashish Kumar Saha with a margin of 1,257 votes.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to address the BJP workers and supporters as the party retained power successfully in Tripura.
4. IPS officer Rashmi Shukla named Director-General of SSB
- Senior Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, Rashmi Shukla has been appointed as the Director-General of the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). SSB is the border-guarding force deployed along Nepal and Bhutan border.
- Rashmi Shukla, a 1988 batch IPS officer of the Maharashtra cadre, was posted with the Central Reserve Police (CRPF).
- She was heading the State Intelligence Department in Maharashtra Police when the phones of Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut and Nationalist Congress Party leader Eknath Khadse were allegedly tapped in 2019.
5. India’s Unemployment rate rose to 7.45% in Feb: CMIE
- Joblessness as measured by the CMIE All India unemployment rate remained elevated in February 2023 and rose to 7.45% from 7.14% in the previous month.
- The urban unemployment rate decreased for the second straight month and was at 7.93% in February as against 8.55% in January.
- It touched a record high of 10.09% in December 2022. But more worrying the rural unemployment rate spiked to 7.23% last month from 6.48% in January.
6. SBI announces completion of $1 billion Syndicated Social Loan Facility
- The State Bank of India (SBI) announced the completion of a $1 billion syndicated social loan facility.
- It is the largest Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) loan by a commercial bank in the Asia Pacific and the second-largest social loan globally, the bank said.
- The facility of $1 billion was arranged through MLABs, MUFG bank and Taipei Fubon Commercial Bank Co. Ltd. MUFG and Taipei Fubon Commercial Bank are joint social loan coordinators while MUFG is the lead social loan coordinator for this transaction.
7. RBI Launches Two Surveys To Gather ‘Useful Inputs’ For Monetary Policy
- The Reserve Bank of India launched two key surveys, the results of which provide “useful inputs” for the central bank’s bi-monthly monetary policy. One of the surveys is to know inflation expectations of households and the other is to gauze the consumer confidence.
- The March 2023 round of Inflation Expectations Survey of Households (IESH), RBI said, aims at capturing subjective assessments on price movements and inflation, based on their individual consumption baskets, across 19 cities.
- Consumer confidence study too is conducted in 19 cities. The RBI said results of the surveys provide useful inputs for monetary policy. The next meeting of the RBI’s rate setting panel – Monetary Policy Committee – is scheduled during April 6-8, 2023.
Important Days News
8. World Wildlife Day 2023 celebrates on 3rd March
- Every 3rd of March, wildlife is celebrated all over the world for the UN World Wildlife Day. This date was chosen as it is the birthday of CITES, the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora, signed in 1973.
- This global event is marked annually to celebrate and promote awareness of the planet’s wild fauna and flora.
- The date also marks the adoption of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) in 1973. CITES aims to prevent international trade from threatening species’ survival.
Summits and Conferences
9. Sarbananda Sonowal Inaugurated Global Conference & Expo on Traditional Medicine
- Union Minister of Ayush and Ports, Shipping & Waterways, Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated the first B2B Global Conference & Expo on Traditional Medicine under Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) at Guwahati.
- The Union Minister informed that India has made the best use of available natural resources through Ayurveda and other traditional systems of medicine to provide healthcare to people as well as towards achieving the goal of Universal Health Coverage.
- The Global Center for Traditional Medicine of the World Health Organization (WHO-GCTM) being set up at Jamnagar with the support of India will help member countries to take enabling steps in their respective countries to strengthen education and practices of Traditional Medicine.
10. Jishnu Barua appoints as new chairperson of Central Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Jishnu Barua has become the new chairperson of power regulator Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC).
- Barua has been appointed chairperson of the CERC on February 27, 2023.
- Barua was chief secretary of Assam from October 2020 to August 2022. Prior to this, he had been additional chief secretary to Assam looking after various departments of the state from August 2017 to October 2020.
11. Godrej & Boyce, Renmakch sign MoU to develop a ‘Make-in-India’ value chain for Indian Railways
- Godrej & Boyce, the flagship company of the Godrej Group, announced that its business Godrej Tooling has partnered with Renmakch, to collaborate on Machinery & Plant (M&P) projects for Railways and Metro Rail, offering world-class equipment that is ‘Made in India’.
- With this alliance, Godrej & Boyce will now be able to offer a complete value chain ranging from design to build for the Railways and also bid on larger projects. The Company has been a trusted partner of the Indian Railways for over 15 years.
12. Adani-Hindenburg Row: Supreme Court forms experts committee to look into Hindenburg report on Adani Group; Head AM Sapre
- The Supreme Court ordered an experts committee to be set up, headed by a retired Supreme Court judge, AM Sapre, after a batch of PILs was filed on the recent Adani Group shares crash triggered by the US-based short-seller Hindenburg Research’s allegations of fraud.
- Meanwhile, the Supreme Court also told the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to finish the probe into the Adani Group-Hindenburg saga within a period of two months.
- The Supreme Court bench, led by Chief Justice of India DY Chandrachud, has appointed six members as part of the expert committee. It includes OP Bhatt, Justice JP Devadhar, KV Kamath, Nandan Nilekani and Somasekhar Sundaresan, and will be headed by Former Supreme Court judge Justice AM Sapre.
Science and Technology News
13. SpaceX launches NASA Crew-6 mission
- SpaceX launched NASA’s Crew-6 mission to orbit en route to the International Space Station, with a Russian cosmonaut and United Arab Emirates astronaut joining two NASA crewmates for the flight.
- The SpaceX launch vehicle, consisting of a Falcon 9 rocket topped with an autonomously operated Crew Dragon capsule called Endeavour, lifted off at 12:34 a.m. EST (0534 GMT) from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida.
14. HDFC Bank’s Sashidhar Jagdishan is ‘BS Banker of the Year 2022’
- Sashidhar Jagdishan, managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) of HDFC Bank, has been chosen as the Business Standard Banker of the Year 2022.
- This award is given to him for his successful navigation of technology-related challenges while maintaining the bank’s strong performance.
- The banking regulator had approved Jagdishan’s appointment for a three-year period, after which he will be eligible for an extension. He will turn 58 this month. Jagdishan’s journey in HDFC Bank started in 1996 as a manager in the finance function.
Books and Authors
15. Short Stories collection “The Book of Bihari Literature” by Abhay K
- Bihar Minister of Industry, Samir Kumar Mahaseth has released a book titled “The Book of Bihari Literature”, edited by Abhay Kumar, an Indian poet- diplomat, during Grand Trunk Road Initiatives 3.0(GTRi 3.0) held in Patna, Bihar.
- The book, published by HarperCollins, is a collection of short stories and poems written over a period of 2600 years, translated into English from various languages such as Angika, Bajjika, Bhojpuri, Magahi, Maithili, Hindi, Urdu, Pali, Sanskrit, and Farsi.
- Samir Kumar Mahaseth insisted that the book is an important contribution towards promoting the rich literature of Bihar across India and the world.
16. Jeswin Aldrin Breaks National Record at AFI National Jumps Competition
- Tamil Nadu’s Jeswin Aldrin broke the national record in the men’s long jump in the second AFI National Jumps Competition.
- Jeswin Aldrin, 21-year-old, leaped 8.42 meters to take over the previous mark of 8.36 meters set by India teammate M Sreeshankar at the Federation Cup in Kozhikode in April 2022.
- Aldrin previously won silver at the Asian Indoor Championships in Astana last month with a 7.97-meter jump and made the most of being in a competitive frame to break the national record.
17. India’s Triple-Jumper Aishwarya Babu Banned by NADA for Four Years
- India’s top triple-jumper Aishwarya Babu has been banned by the National Anti-Doping Agency’s (NADA) disciplinary panel for four years for using a prohibited anabolic steroid.
- Aishwarya Babu, 25 years old, was dropped from the Birmingham Commonwealth Games in 2022, along with sprinter S Dhanalakshmi after testing positive for the steroid, which is on the World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA) prohibited list.
- Aishwarya has been given time till 6th March 2023 to file an appeal against the ban after receiving the ban notice from NADA’s Appeal Panel on 13th February 2023.
18. Asian Chess Federation confers D Gukesh with Player of the Year award
- Indian Grandmaster D Gukesh has been honoured with Player-of-the-Year award by the Asian Chess Federation (ACF) for clinching the gold medal with a record-breaking score of 9/11 in the 44th Chess Olympiad at Mahabalipuram.
- Gukesh became only the sixth Indian to break the 2700 Elo-rating mark, and the youngest Grandmaster from the country to be rated above 2700.
- The All India Chess Federation (AICF) bagged the ‘Most Active Federation’ award conferred during the ACF annual summit, which is underway here.
19. Former diplomat, Padma Bhushan awardee Chandrashekhar Dasgupta passes away
- Chandrashekhar Dasgupta, a former Indian diplomat and the Padma Bhushan Awardee (2008), passed away at the age of 82. He was born on 2nd May 1940 in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Chandrashekhar Dasgupta was awarded the 3rd-highest civilian honour, the Padma Bhushan, for Civil Service (Delhi) in 2008.
- Chandrashekhar Dasgupta joined the Indian Foreign Service (IFS) in 1962. Between 1981 and 1984, he served as high commissioner to Singapore, then between 1984 and 1986, he served as Tanzania’s high commissioner.
Important Current Affairs of 3rd March 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!