| Updated On October 7th, 2019 at 10:43 am
General awareness section is the most important part of every competitive exam, it can help you score well in the exam if you are updated with all the current news. Banking Awareness, Static GK and the current news are the parts that make the GA section complete. It is important to know what is happening in and outside of India. GK updates are incorporated with the important news that made the headlines today. It is the complete bag of the important news that held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about the banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update of 5th October to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 27 Months
- 1 Month
1. Goa Maritime Conclave 2019 inaugurated
- The Goa Maritime Conclave (GMC)-2019 was inaugurated by the National Security Advisor, Shri Ajit Kumar Doval, at Goa.
- This conclave was conducted by the Naval War College. The subjects of the conclave are Opportunities and Challenges in the Indian Ocean Region, Forging Common Maritime Priorities, Regional Constructs and Strategies in the region.
- The theme for the conclave is “Common Maritime Priorities in IOR and need for Regional Maritime Strategy”.
2. HP Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched the Pragati Rath of the HDFC bank
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched the Pragati Rath of the HDFC bank.
- Pragati Rath will provide financial and digital literacy to the people during a month-long initiative by moving to different parts of Himachal Pradesh.
- During the launching occasion, the bank provided a cheque Rs.1 crore to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund. The bank has also announced that it is to launch the Sustainable Livelihood Initiative in the State.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For RRB NTPC/IBPS RRB Mains:
- Governor of Himanchal Pradesh: Bandaru Dattatraya.
3. Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh launches ‘YSR Vahana Mitra’
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy will launch the “YSR Vahana Mitra scheme” in Eluru, Andhra Pradesh.
- Under which the government will provide financial assistance of Rs 10,000 per annum to owner-driver of an auto-rickshaw, or taxicab with the aim to meet their insurance premium, licence fee and other recurring expenses.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For IBPS RRB Main 2019:
- Andhra Pradesh Governor: Biswa Bhusan Harichandan.
4. President Kovind appoints Chief Justices to 7 high courts
- President Ramnath Kovind appoints Chief Justices to seven high courts.
- Those chief justices have been appointed to Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana, Gauhati, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh and Sikkim High Courts.
|Lingappa Narayana Swamy||Himachal Pradesh High Court|
|Ravi ShankerJha||Punjab and Haryana High Court|
|Indrajit Mohanty||Rajasthan High Court|
|J.K. Maheshwari||Andhra Pradesh High Court|
|S. Manikumar||Kerala High Court|
|Arup K. Goswami||Sikkim High Court|
|Ajai Lamba||Gauhati High Court|
- Four of the new Chief Justices would fill the vacancies left by Justices V. Ramasubramanian, Krishna Murari, S. Ravindra Bhat and Hrishikesh Roy, who were elevated to the Supreme Court recently from the Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana, Rajasthan, and Kerala High Courts, respectively.
5. Vijay Patil elected President of Mumbai Cricket Association
- Vijay Patil has been elected the president of Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA), while Sanjay Naik and Amol Kale were elected as secretary and vice-president respectively.
- Vijay Patil is the son of former Governor of Bihar Dr DY Patil.
6. UCO Bank launches UCash, Digilocker and an App
- UCO Bank has launched three new digital products called, UCash, Digilocker and an app in Kolkata, West Bengal. A new current account facility has also been launched by the bank.
- UCash enables customers to withdraw money from ATMs through mobile banking without using a debit card. Digilocker aims to eliminate the use of physical documents and enables sharing of verified electronic documents.
- The third product, the new mobile app, integrates four existing apps of the bank – UCO Mbanking, UCO UPI, UCO Mpassbook and UCO Secure- in a single interface.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For RRB NTPC/IBPS RRB Mains:
- MD & CEO of UCO Bank: Atul Kumar Goel; Headquarters: Kolkata, West Bengal.
7. Centenarian philatelist Krishna Kadekodi passes away
- Centenarian philatelist and coin collector Krishna Gopalkrishna Kadekodi passed away. He was 102.
- He started his career as a revenue inspector and retired as a special deputy commissioner at the Regional Commissioner’s Office in Belagavi.
- He was the first tahsildar of Panaji after the liberation of Goa from Portuguese occupation.
- He was popular not only in India but also aborad for his hobby of collecting stamps, coins and antiques. His collection includes a coloured stamp of Queen Victoria issued in 1854.
8. Farook Khan, an Indian-origin journalist in South Africa passes away
- Farook Khan, an Indian-origin journalist in South Africa passed away. He hailed from Maharashtra. He had started the Miss India South Africa Pageant as part of the Miss India Worldwide Pageant.
9. Bangladesh, Buddhist leader Satyapriya Mohathero passes away
- The second highest Buddhist leader of Bangladesh and head of Sima Bihar of Ramu, Satyapriya Mohathero passed away in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- He was awarded the second-highest civilian award of Bangladesh Ekushey Padak in 2015 for social work.
- The Ramu monastery had provided shelter to a large number of people during the Liberation War of Bangladesh 1971 in the face of Pakistani atrocities.
10. World Teachers’ Day: 5 October
- World Teachers’ Day or International Teachers’ Days is celebrated on October 5.
- The aim of World Teacher’ss Day is to acknowledge the significant role of educators across the world.
- It commemorates the anniversary of the adoption of UNESCO’s 1966 recommendation concerning the status of teachers.
- This year’s theme: ‘Young Teachers: The future of the Profession’.
- The UNESCO adopted the recommendation concerning the Status of Higher-Education Teaching Personnel in 1997 to complement the 1966 recommendation by covering teaching and research personnel in higher education.
- UNESCO’s recommendation sets benchmarks regarding the rights and responsibilities of teachers and standards for their initial preparation and further education, recruitment, employment, and teaching and learning conditions.
11. India’s first floating basketball court opens in Arabian Sea, Mumbai
- The National Basketball Association (NBA) brought to India the first-ever Floating Basketball Court in the Arabian Sea in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- NBA India on December 20, 2018, had announced that the first-ever NBA game in the country would be organized on October 4 and 5 in Mumbai.
- The NBA India Games 2019 will feature the Sacramento Kings and Indiana Pacers, who will play two pre-season games on October 4 and 5.
Learn Current Affairs with ADDA247 Youtube Channel. Check out the video below.
You may also like to Read:
- Study notes of banking awareness for IBPS Exam
- More questions of banking awareness for bank exams
- More Current affairs questions