Current Affairs 6th March 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 6th March 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 6th March 2023 covering the following news headlines: Per capita income doubles, Non-Proliferation Awareness 2023, PM CARES for Children, NADA and NCERT, Fifth layer in Earth’s core.
Top 12 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 12 important Daily General Knowledge 2022 updates with national & international news.
1.India’s per capita income doubles since 2014-15: NSO
- India’s per capita income in nominal terms doubled to Rs 1,72,000 since 2014-15 when the Narendra Modi-led NDA came to power but uneven income distribution remains a challenge.
- As per the National Statistical Office (NSO), the annual per capita (net national income) at current prices is estimated at Rs 1,72,000 in 2022-23, up from Rs 86,647 in 2014-15, suggesting an increase of about 99 per cent.
- In real terms (constant prices), the per capita income has increased by about 35 per cent from Rs 72,805 in 2014-15 to Rs 98,118 in 2022-23.
Important Days News
2. International Day for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation Awareness 2023
- Observed on 5 March, the International Day for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation Awareness plays a role in deepening the global public’s understanding about how disarmament efforts contribute to enhancing peace and security, preventing and ending armed conflicts, and curbing human suffering caused by weapons.
- The International Day for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation Awareness seeks to promote better awareness and understanding of disarmament issues among the public, especially young people.
Ranks and Reports
3. 31 Indian states have implemented ‘PM CARES for Children’ scheme: ILO-UNICEF report
- An ILO-UNICEF report on Social Protection for Children said 31 Indian states have implemented the national ‘ PM CARES for Children ‘ scheme launched during the pandemic with 10,793 full orphans (children who have lost both parents) and 151,322 half-orphans (children who have lost one parent) due to the pandemic taking the benefit of the scheme.
- The report stated that 31 states in India had implemented the national ‘PM CARES for Children’ scheme. So far, only 4,302 children have received support from the scheme.
4. NADA and NCERT sign MoU to strengthen value-based sports education amongst school children and teachers
- The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) under the Youth Affairs and Sports Ministry; and the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) signed an MoU to strengthen value-based sports education amongst school children and teachers.
- The key activities that will be undertaken through this MoU include developing e-content in an accessible format on sports values and ethics. The UNESCO Value-Based Sports Education toolkit will also be promoted in every classroom under the MoU.
- This MoU will amplify NADA’s outreach efforts multi-fold, in collaboration with NCERT. She stressed that the MoU will also help in creating awareness at the grassroots.
5. Pankaj Gupta named as MD and CEO of Pramerica Life Insurance
- Pramerica Life Insurance Limited has appointed Pankaj Gupta as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer.
- The appointment has been approved by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) and the Board of Pramerica Life Insurance. Pankaj Gupta succeeds Kalpana Sampat, who was the previous MD & CEO.
Science and Technology News
6. Scientists confirm existence of a fifth layer in Earth’s core
- Researchers trying to uncover the secrets of Earth’s geology have revealed the fifth layer of the planet.
- Seismic waves generated by earthquakes have revealed new insights about the deepest parts of Earth’s inner core. The fifth layer is made of iron and nickel, the same materials that comprise the rest of the inner core.
- The team of researchers from the Australian National University measured the speeds at which these seismic waves penetrate and pass through the Earth’s inner core.
- The team believes that this has presented evidence of a distinct layer inside Earth known as the innermost inner core.
- The existence of an internal metallic ball within the inner core, the innermost inner core, was hypothesised about 20 years ago.
7. Writer Vinod Kumar Shukla wins 2023 PEN/Nabokov Lifetime Achievement Award
- Vinod Kumar Shukla has won the PEN/Nabokov Award for Achievement in International Literature for lifetime achievement in literature, one of the most coveted literary prizes worldwide, after decades of composing acclaimed novels like Naukar Ki Kameez (1979) and poetry collections like Sab Kuch Hona Bacha Rahega (1992).
- The award is conferred annually by PEN America.
8. Swachh Sujal Shakti Samman 2023 organized by the Ministry of Jal Shakti
- The “Swachh Sujal Shakti Samman 2023”, organized by the Ministry of Jal Shakti to honour the women champions of rural water and sanitation sector, was graced by the President of India, Smt. Droupadi Murmu.
- This event organized in the run up to the International Women’s Day, was to felicitate the exceptional and exemplary work being done at the grassroots level by women in the implementation of Swachh Bharat Mission – Grameen (SBM-G), Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM), Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain (JSA-CTR).
- 36 women WASH Champions were conferred with the ‘Swachh Sujal Shakti Samman 2023’ by the President of India and Union Minister of Jal Shakti.
9. Karnataka end 54-year wait, wins Santosh Trophy
- Karnataka ended their 54-year wait to win the Santosh Trophy national football championship, beating Meghalaya 3-2 in a pulsating final at the King Fahd International Stadium in the Saudi Arabia capital.
- Services beat Punjab 2-0 in the playoff to finish third. PP Shafeel and Christopher Kamei scored in either half. Services, winners of five of the last 10 editions, took the lead in the seventh minute through a strike from distance by Shafeel before Kamei converted a left-footed attempt from outside the box.
- Karnataka (Sunil Kumar 2′, Bekley Oram 19′, Robin Yadav 42′) 3 – 2 Meghalaya (Brolington Warlarpih 19′, Sheen Stevenson Sphktung 60′).
10. Max Verstappen wins season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix 2023
- Max Verstappen won the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix from pole position, leading almost the entire race as he opened the defense of his back-to-back Formula One titles.
- It was the first time he had won in Bahrain and also the first time he had triumphed in a Formula One opener.
- Red Bull also clinched a dominant 1-2 with Sergio Perez finishing second while 41-year-old Fernando Alonso took a brilliant third place and claimed a 99th career podium on a stunning race debut for Aston Martin.
Books and Authors News
11. Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya unveils ‘India’s Vaccine Growth Story’ at World Book Fair 2023
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya released the book ‘India’s Vaccine Growth Story – From Cowpox to Vaccine Maitri’ authored by Shri Sajjan Singh Yadav, Additional Secretary,
- Govt of India at the World Book fair 2023, at Pragati Maidan. The book elaborates on India’s impressive achievement in developing, producing and distributing COVID-19 vaccines.
12. ‘World’s first’ bamboo crash barrier installed on Maharashtra highway
- The world’s first 200-metre-long bamboo crash barrier has been installed on a highway connecting Chandrapur and Yavatmal districts in Maharashtra.
- Named ‘Bahu Balli’, the bamboo crash barrier underwent “rigorous testing” at various government-run institutions like the National Automotive Test Tracks (NATRAX) in Pithampur, Indore.
- This was rated as Class 1 during the Fire Rating Test conducted at the Central Building Research Institute (CBRI) in Roorkee and it has also been accredited by the Indian Road Congress, According to Nitin Gadkari-led Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
Important Current Affairs of 06th March 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!