Current Affairs 09th March 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 09th March 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 09th March 2023 covering the following news headlines: Swachhotsav, Qatar’s new prime minister, 5th ASEAN-India, Attukal Pongala, Conrad Sangma.
Top 17 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 17 important Daily General Knowledge 2022 updates with national & international news.
1. Swachhotsav: A 3-week Women Led Swachhata Campaign launched by MoHUA
- Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launched ‘Swachhotsav’, a three-week women-led swachhata campaign under the Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban).
- Series of events and activities will be organized across cities to celebrate women from all walks of life.
- According to the ministry, at the launch, the first edition of Women Icons leading Sanitation and Waste Management (WINS) Challenge-2023 was also announced.
2. Amir Tamim appoints Sheikh Mohammed as Qatar’s new prime minister
- Qatar’s Amir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani has appointed Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani as the country’s new prime minister.
- The decision to appoint Sheikh Mohammed, who was the deputy prime minister, came after the amir accepted the resignation of former Prime Minister Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani.
- Sheikh Khalid was appointed as Qatar’s prime minister and minister of interior in January 2020.
3. 5th ASEAN-India Business Summit 2023
- The 5th Asean-India Business Summit took place on 6 March 2023 in Kuala Lumpur.
- Speakers and participants from Asean and India convened to discuss how business linkages, connectivity and supply chain resilience can be enhanced through deeper ASEAN-India cooperation.
- The Minister of State for Electronics & Information Technology addresses the 5th ASEAN-India Business summit.
4. Attukal Pongala celebrated with pomp by women in Kerala
- Thousands of women devotees gathered at the Attukal Bhagavathy temple on March 7 for Attukal Pongala, the ninth day of the annual 10-day women-centric festival.
- 300 priests have been appointed for the sanctification ceremony at 2.30 pm and the city of Thiruvananthapuram is in a very festive mood.
- The day started at 10.30 am when thousands of women across Thiruvananthapuram lit their hearths with the fire of the ‘Pandara Aduppu’ at the Attukal Bhagavathy temple.
- This traditional gesture signifies the beginning of the annual Attukal Pongala ritual.
5. Manik Saha sworn in as 13th CM of Tripura
- Manik Saha took oath as 13th chief minister for the second time as Tripura Chief Minister after the BJP clinched a victory in the February 16 Assembly polls.
- Eight other ministers were sworn.
- Governor Satyadeo Narayan Arya administered the oath of office and secrecy to Mr. Saha and eight more MLAs as Ministers in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Home Minister Amit Shah held a marathon meeting with TIPRA Motha chief Pradyot Bikram Manikya Debbarma and 13 MLAs of his party.
- Four of the new ministers have been retained from the previous government. The possible strength of the Council of Ministers in the 60-member House is 12.
6. Conrad Sangma sworn-in as Meghalaya Chief Minister for 2nd term
- Conrad Kongkal Sangma was sworn in as the Meghalaya chief minister for the second successive term in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Governor Phagu Chauhan administered the oath of office to Sangma, along with his two deputies Prestone Tynsong and Sniawbhaland Dhar, and nine other ministers.
- Sangma won from the South Tura constituency with a margin of 5,016 against Bharatiya Janata Party’s Bernard N Marak, as per the data shared by the Election Commission of India on March 2.
7. Kotak MF launches ‘DigitALL’ campaign to celebrate International Women’s Day
- Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company (Kotak Mutual Fund) has launched a digital campaign called ‘DigitALL:
- Innovation and technology for gender equality’, which calls for digital inclusion of all with the hashtag #IncludeAll.
- The digital campaign video showcases Kotak group’s women employees sharing their stories about supporting and empowering other women in their lives by imparting them the knowledge of digital literacy.
8. Daily UPI transactions jump 50% to 36 crore: RBI
- Reserve Bank of India governor Shaktikanta Das said payments through UPI (unified payment interface) have grown exponentially in the past 12 months with daily transactions crossing 36 crore, which is up 50 per cent from 24 crore in February 2022.
- In terms of volume, the number of UPI transactions exceeded 800 crore in January 2023, while NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer) witnessed the highest ever daily volume of 3.18 crore transactions on February 28.
- The volume of UPI transactions has increased manifold from 0.45 crore in January 2017 to 804 crore in January 2023.
- The value of UPI transactions has increased from just Rs 1,700 crore to Rs 12.98 lakh crore during the same period.
9. No Smoking Day 2023 observed on March 8
- Every year on the second Wednesday of March, No Smoking Day is observed.
- It falls on March 8 this year. Even though we all know that smoking is bad for our health, quitting the habit appears to be a difficult task.
- This year’s theme is: “Stopping smoking improves your brain health”.
- The day is celebrated to help those who wish to quit smoking as well as to raise awareness about the implications of smoking on an individual’s health.
10. International Women’s Day 2023- Theme, Facts and History
- Every year on March 8, the world celebrates International Women’s Day as a focal point for the campaign for women’s rights.
- International Women’s Day 2023 raises awareness of topics including gender equality, access to abortion, and violence and abuse against women.
- International Women’s Day serves as a rallying point for advancing women’s equality. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating women’s equality.
- International Women’s Day 2023 is a time to reflect on progress made, to call for change and to celebrate acts of courage and determination by ordinary women, who have played an extraordinary role in the history of their countries and communities.
Summits and Conferences
11. 23rd Commonwealth Law Conference begins in Goa
- The 23rd Commonwealth Law Conference was inaugurated by Goa Governor P.S. Sreedharan Pillai.
- The five-day conference, which is being held from March 5-9, 2023, was also attended by Union Minister for Law and Justice Kiren Rijiju and Chief Minister of Goa Dr. Pramod Sawant.
- The Conference has 500 delegates from 52 countries in attendance.
12. The Qatar Ministerial Meeting On South-South Cooperation
- A Ministerial Meeting on South-South Cooperation has been held during LDC5 with an aim to explore concrete, innovative and actionable solutions in support of the deliverables of the DPoA through multi-stakeholder participation of the global South and traditional development partners.
- The Meeting is organized by OHRLLS, the State of Qatar (host country) and Malawi (Chair of LDCs) in collaboration with the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation.
13. Group Captain Shaliza Dhami 1st woman to command frontline IAF combat unit
- In the first command appointment for a woman officer in the Indian Air Force (IAF), Group Captain Shaliza Dhami has been selected to take over the command of a frontline combat unit in the Western sector.
- For the first time ever in the IAF’s history, a woman officer has been given command of a frontline combat unit – in this case, a missile squadron in the Western sector.
- The IAF’s move comes just two months after Captain Shiva Chauhan of the Indian Army’s Fire and Fury Corps became the first woman officer to be operationally deployed at the world’s highest battlefield in Siachen.
14. Savlon India appoints Sachin Tendulkar as world’s first ‘Hand Ambassador’
- Savlon revealed the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar as its world’s first ‘Hand Ambassador’ for its Swasth India Mission.
- The campaign features a series of films featuring Sachin Tendulkar’s Hand as their chief protagonist – bringing the importance of hand hygiene to everyone’s notice.
15. Sir David Chipperfield Selected as the 2023 Laureate of the Pritzker Architecture Prize
- Civic architect, urban planner and activist, Sir David Alan Chipperfield has been selected as the 2023 Laureate of The Pritzker Architecture Prize, the award that is regarded internationally as architecture’s highest honor.
- Chipperfield’s storied career spans more than 40 years and includes 100-plus projects, ranging from civic, cultural, and academic buildings to residences and urban masterplanning throughout Asia, Europe, and North America.
- His built works, spanning over four decades, are expansive in typology and geography, including over one hundred works ranging from civic, cultural and academic buildings to residences and urban masterplanning throughout Asia, Europe and North America.
16. Union MoS Dr L. Murugan confers 8th National Photography Awards
- Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Dr L. Murugan presented the 8th National Photography awards in New Delhi.
- A total of thirteen awards were presented during the ceremony today including 6 each in the Professional and Amateur category.
- The theme for the Professional category was “Life and Water”, while in the Amateur category the theme was “Cultural Heritage of India”.
17. Veteran actor-director Satish Kaushik passes away at 67
- Veteran actor-writer-director Satish Kaushik has passed away at the age of 67.
- He was born on April 13, 1965, in Haryana, Kaushik was an alumnus of the NSD and the FTII, and started his film career in the early 1980s.
- He was an Indian actor, comedian, screenwriter, director and producer. He acted in theatres before finding his break in Bollywood.
Important Current Affairs of 09th March 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!