Table of Contents
Current Affairs 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs 2023 is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 14 June 2023 to help you prepare the Current Affairs 2023 part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the 14 June Current Affairs 2023 covering the news headlines on Padma Awardees, ‘Sanshodhak’ 4th warship of Indian Navy, Equitas Holdings Surrenders NBFC Licence, World Blood Donor Day.
Top 20 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 20 important 12 june 2023 news headlines in english updates with national & international news.
1. Padma Awardees From Haryana To Get Rs 10,000 Monthly
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has announced a monthly pension of Rs 10,000 for the Padma awardees from the state. Besides the monthly pension, the chief minister has also announced a free travel facility in the ‘Volvo bus’ service of the state government for Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibhushan awardees from Haryana.
- The government has formulated various welfare policies to make life easier for the people of the state.
2. ‘Sanshodhak’ 4th warship of Indian Navy launched
- The fourth ship of the Survey Vessels (Large) (SVL) Project, named ‘Sanshodhak’ meaning ‘Researcher’, was launched at Kattupalli, Chennai by L and T/ GRSE for the Indian Navy.
- The Ship was launched to the chanting of invocation from Atharva Veda and the chief guest of the Launch Ceremony was VAdm Adhir Arora, Chief Hydrographer to Government of India.
3. Equitas Holdings Surrenders NBFC Licence to RBI, Registration Cancelled
- Equitas Holdings Ltd, a prominent non-banking financial company (NBFC) in India, has voluntarily surrendered its NBFC licence to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). As a result, the RBI has cancelled Equitas Holdings’ registration.
- The decision was made under the powers granted to the central bank by Section 45-IA (6) of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. This article explores the implications of Equitas Holdings’ decision and its potential impact on the financial industry.
4. RBI Expands Presence in North East India with Sub-Office in Kohima, Plans Office in Itanagar
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has taken a significant step towards strengthening its presence in North East India by opening a sub-office in Kohima, the capital of Nagaland.
- With this move, RBI aims to expand its reach in the region and better serve the financial needs of the people. Additionally, the central bank has announced its intention to establish an office in Itanagar, further demonstrating its commitment to enhancing its operations in the North East.
5. RBI not to regulate social media influencers
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced that it currently has no plans to introduce separate regulations for social media influencers in the financial markets, stating that the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) already has measures in place to address the issue.
Important Days News
6. World Blood Donor Day 2023: Date, Theme, Significance and History
- World Blood Donor Day is observed annually on June 14 to express gratitude towards selfless voluntary blood donors and celebrate the essence of life and humanity.
- This occasion serves as a significant platform to appreciate and acknowledge voluntary blood donors worldwide for their generous contribution of blood, while also emphasizing the importance of ensuring universal access to safe blood transfusion.
- The slogan or theme of the World Blood Donor Day 2023 is “Give blood, give plasma, share life, share often.”
Ranks and Reports
7. SIPRI’s Findings on Nuclear Arsenals: China’s Expansion, India and Pakistan’s Growth, and Global Trends
- The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) recently released its annual Yearbook, providing valuable insights into the state of global nuclear arsenals.
- SIPRI’s assessment reveals that China has significantly increased its nuclear arsenal in contrast to its official position of maintaining the minimum necessary for national security.
8. Community Spirit Index: Indian City Is Ranked Second Most Unfriendly City In the World
- In the recent ranking by the Community Spirit Index, 53 cities from different countries have been given ranks based on how friendly and unfriendly their residents are.
- For this purpose, 6 metrics have been considered. Toronto and Sydney are named the world’s top friendliest countries in the index while India’s capital New Delhi and Mumbai are among the most unfriendly cities in the world.
9. Forbes’ Global 2000 List: Reliance Rises by Eight Positions to Attain 45th Rank
- Forbes’ latest Global 2000 list has ranked Billionaire Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries Limited as the highest-ranking Indian company, climbing from the 53rd to the 45th spot this year.
- Several other Indian companies featured on the list, including Axis Bank at 423, NTPC at 433, Larsen & Toubro at 449, Bharti Airtel at 478, Kotak Mahindra Bank at 502, Indian Oil Corporation at 540, Infosys at 554, Bank of Baroda at 586, Coal India at 591, Tata Steel at 592, Hindalco at 660, and Vedanta at 687.
10. India and UAE Target $100 Billion Non-Oil Trade by 2030; Set Up Councils to Facilitate FTA Implementation
- India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have set an ambitious target to increase their non-oil bilateral trade from the current USD 48 billion to USD 100 billion by 2030.
- The decision was reached during the first meeting of the Joint Committee of India-UAE Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA).
- Both countries aim to double their non-petroleum trade in the next seven years, emphasizing the need to enhance trade cooperation beyond the oil sector.
11. Disaster Management Boosted with Amit Shah’s Unveiling of ₹8,000 Crore Schemes
- Union home minister Amit Shah conducted a meeting with disaster management ministers from states and union territories to discuss disaster risk reduction and strengthen the country’s disaster management system.
- While presiding over the meeting, Shah announced three major schemes valued at over ₹8,000 crore to improve disaster management efforts across the country.
12. Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: Empowering Motherhood
- The new initiative of celebrating the ‘Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana’ as the ‘God Bharai’ ceremony in Dausa, Rajasthan has received praise from the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi.
- According to a tweet thread by Smt Jaskaur Meena, a Member of Parliament from Dausa, Rajasthan, the ‘Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana’ scheme is celebrated as the ‘God Bharai’ ceremony in Dausa. During this ceremony, all pregnant women come together and receive a ‘Poshan Kit’ for the well-being of their babies.
- Smt Jaskaur Meena also mentioned that in the year 2022-23, around 3.5 lakh women in Rajasthan alone have benefited from this scheme.
13. Cluster-Based Training of Trainers Project Certifies 98 Trainers under the SANKALP Programme
- The Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has successfully certified 98 trainers who participated in the cluster-based Training of Trainers (ToT) project. This initiative was carried out in collaboration with the Automotive Sector Development Council (ASDC), GIZ-IGVET, and the Maharashtra State Skill Development Mission (MSSDS).
- The project, developed as part of the National component of Skill Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP), aimed to enhance the skills of trainers in various trades such as Advanced Welding, CNC operations, Robotics, Quality Control, and Advanced Automotive Technology.
14. PLI Schemes: Boosting Production, Employment, and Economic Growth
- The implementation of the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Schemes in the country has led to significant positive outcomes such as increased production, employment generation, economic growth, and exports.
- During a press conference in New Delhi, Shri Rajesh Kumar Singh, Secretary of DPIIT, highlighted that the PLI Schemes resulted in a notable 76% rise in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the manufacturing sector in the fiscal year 2021-22, reaching USD 21.34 billion, compared to the previous fiscal year’s USD 12.09 billion.
15. Epson India signs Rashmika Mandanna as brand ambassador
- Printer company Epson India has signed actor Rashmika Mandanna as its brand ambassador. The actress will collaborate with the company to promote its products in a multi-media campaign for its ‘EcoTank’ printers this month.
- In collaborating with the actress known for her performances across Kannada, Telugu, Hindi and Tamil cinema, the company said in a statement that it hopes to leverage her popularity to reach a wider audience across the country, particularly the younger generation.
16. Paterson Joseph won the RSL Christopher Bland Prize 2023
- Actor-author Paterson Joseph has won the RSL Christopher Bland Prize 2023 for his debut novel ‘The Secret Diaries of Charles Ignatius Sancho’.
- This is the 5th year of this award.
17. GSITI Hyderabad Receives “Athi Uttam” Accreditation
- The Geological Survey of India Training Institute (GSITI), operating under the Ministry of Mines, has received accreditation from the National Accreditation Board of Education and Training (NABET). This recognition is a testament to the institute’s commendable services and the high standards it upholds in the realm of earth science training.
- The evaluation was conducted by a team comprising members from the Capacity Building Commission (CBC), NABET, and the Quality Control of India.
- They thoroughly inspected the institute’s various levels of standard operating procedures and methodologies. Subsequently, GSITI was granted the Certificate of Accreditation with the distinguished grading of “Athi Uttam.”
18. Child rights advocate Lalitha Natarajan wins 2023 Iqbal Masih Award
- Chennai-based lawyer and activist Lalitha Natarajan has won US Department of Labor’s 2023 Iqbal Masih Award for the Elimination of Child Labour. Natarajan was presented the award by Consul General Judith Ravin at a ceremony in the US Consulate General in Chennai on May 30.
- As a leader in the fight to end exploitative child labor in southern India, Natarajan identifies child victims of trafficking, specifically bonded labor, assisting in their reintegration into society, the US consulate in Chennai.
Science and Tech News
19. ISRO’s Pioneering Mission in Norway: Strengthening Space Sector Ties
- The successful launch of the Rohini RH-300 Mk-II sounding rocket from Svalbard, Norway, on November 20, 1997, marked a significant milestone in the collaboration between the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Norway’s space agency.
- This mission not only established a new rocket launching range in Norway but also laid the foundation for future cooperation and knowledge exchange in the field of space exploration.
20. Cormac McCarthy, Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist no more, dies at 89
- Cormac McCarthy, the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of such acclaimed novels as “The Road” and “No Country for Old Men,”passed away. McCarthy was born in Providence, Rhode Island, in 1933.
- He began writing fiction in the early 1960s, and his first novel, “The Orchard Keeper,” was published in 1965. He went on to publish more than 20 novels, including “Blood Meridian,” “All the Pretty Horses,” and “Suttree.”
Important Current Affairs of 14th June 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments and current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!