Table of Contents
Current Affairs 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs 2023 is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 28 June 2023 to help you prepare the Current Affairs 2023 part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the 28 June Current Affairs 2023 covering the news headlines on India’s first hydrogen-powered train, World’s Largest Urban Cleanliness Survey, Tata Technologies, Aarti Holla-Maini.
Top 12 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 12 important 28 June 2023 news headlines in english updates with national & international news.
1. India’s first hydrogen-powered train to run from Jind district, Haryana
- In a significant step towards embracing sustainable transportation, India is poised to launch its first-ever hydrogen-powered train. Hydrogen trains, which rely on fuel cells to convert hydrogen and oxygen into electricity, offer a clean and environmentally friendly alternative to traditional diesel trains.
- This groundbreaking initiative marks a promising stride in India’s efforts to reduce carbon emissions and combat pollution.
2. 8th Edition of the World’s Largest Urban Cleanliness Survey Begins
- The field assessment of Swachcha Survekshan 2023 is going to be launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Assessment from 1st July 2023. As a part of Swachcha Bharat Mission, urban cleanliness survey is based on cleanliness of public spaces and toilets, feedback of residents and the performance of municipalities in waste collection, segregation and processing.
- Swachcha Survekshan 2023- Mera Sheher, Meri Pehechan is the 8th annual edition ranking released on the basis of cleanliness of the cities by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Assessment .
3. Tata Technologies, SBFC Finance, and Gandhar Oil Refinery IPOs Approved by SEBI
- Capital markets regulator SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) has granted approval for the IPO of Tata Technologies, a subsidiary of Tata Motors.
- This development marks the first public issue from the Tata group since Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) in July 2004. Tata Technologies, SBFC Finance, and Gandhar Oil Refinery are set to list their shares on the BSE and NSE.
4. Indian-Origin Satellite Industry Expert Aarti Holla-Maini Appointed as Director of UNOOSA
- Aarti Holla-Maini, a highly accomplished expert in the satellite industry of Indian origin, has been selected by United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres as the Director of the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) in Vienna.
- Her appointment follows the tenure of Simonetta Di Pippo from Italy. The primary objective of UNOOSA is to promote global collaboration in the peaceful exploration and utilization of outer space, as well as the effective application of space science and technology to foster sustainable economic and social progress.
5. Rohit Jawa appoints as MD and CEO of Hindustan Unilever
- Rohit Jawa took charges as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of FMCG major Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL). Jawa has replaced Sanjiv Mehta who retired on Monday after the company’s annual general meeting.
- Mehta handed over the baton to Jawa, who was appointed as an Additional Director and CEO-Designate from April 1, from the close of business hours on June 26. Mehta was at the helm for almost a decade and was with the company for more than 30 years.
6. RBI Imposes Penalties on Standard Chartered Bank and Credit Bureaus; Penalizes Cooperative Banks as well
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed penalties on Standard Chartered Bank, four credit bureaus, and seven cooperative banks for various violations. Standard Chartered Bank was fined ₹30 lakh for non-compliance with KYC directions.
- The credit bureaus, including Experian, TransUnion CIBIL, Equifax, and CRIF High Mark, faced penalties totaling ₹1 crore for inadequate maintenance of accurate credit information. Additionally, the RBI penalized seven cooperative banks, including UP Co-operative Bank, for violating certain provisions.
7. Sarbananda Sonowal Launches New CSR Guidelines ‘Sagar Samajik Sahayog’
- The Union Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways and Ayush, Shri Sarbananda Sonowal, unveiled the new guidelines for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) called ‘Sagar Samajik Sahayog’ by the Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways.
- The guidelines aim to empower ports to address local community issues more efficiently and collaboratively. The launch event was attended by Union Minister of State for Ports, Shipping & Waterways, Shri Shantanu Thakur, and Union Minister of State of Ports, Shipping & Waterways, Shripad Yesso Naik.
8. Shri Narayan Rane Launches ‘CHAMPIONS 2.0 Portal’ and Key Initiatives for MSMEs on International MSME Day
- On the occasion of International MSME Day, the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) celebrated ‘Udyami Bharat-MSME Day’ with a special event.
- The Union Minister for MSME, Shri Narayan Rane, launched several initiatives aimed at promoting the growth and development of MSMEs in India.
- The event also featured the Union Minister of State for MSME, Shri Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma, and highlighted the significant role of MSMEs in the country’s economy.
Ranks & Reports News
9. QS World University Rankings 2024: MIT Tops for 12th Year, Indian Universities Make Gains
- The QS World University Rankings 2024 have been released, showcasing the top universities globally. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) retains its position at the pinnacle of the rankings for the 12th consecutive year.
- Notable changes in the rankings include the University of Oxford surpassing Stanford University to secure the third spot.
- The methodology for the rankings has been updated, incorporating new metrics such as Sustainability, Employment Outcomes, and International Research Network.
10. Priya A.S. received Sahitya Akademi Award 2023 for children’s literature
- Priya A S, a talented writer, has been honored with the prestigious Sahitya Akademi Bal Sahitya Puraskar 2023 in the Malayalam language for her novel “Perumazhayathe Kunjithalukal” (The Children Who Never Withered).
- This recognition adds to her previous achievement of winning the Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for Children’s Literature in 2020 for the same novel.
11. Jhulan Goswami, Heather Knight, Eoin Morgan join MCC World Cricket Committee
- The MCC World Cricket Committee (WCC) has expanded its ranks by welcoming three new members: English players Heather Knight and Eoin Morgan, as well as legendary Indian cricketer Jhulan Goswami. At the same time, former England captain Alastair Cook has stepped down from the Committee to focus on his playing career.
- With these new additions, the WCC now consists of 14 members, comprising current and former international cricket players, umpires, and officials from around the world. The WCC operates autonomously and serves as an influential organization within the cricketing community.
12. American Co-Inventor of Lithium-Ion Batteries, John Bannister Goodenough, Passes Away
- Renowned American scientist John Bannister Goodenough, the co-inventor of Lithium-ion batteries and a co-winner of the 2019 Nobel Prize in Chemistry, has sadly passed away. Goodenough was just a month shy of his 101st birthday.
- His British-American counterpart, Stan Whittingham, shared the Nobel prize with Goodenough for their groundbreaking work. Whittingham initially discovered that lithium could be stored in titanium sulphide sheets, and Goodenough perfected the concept by incorporating a cobalt-based cathode, resulting in a product that has become an integral part of people’s lives today.
Important Current Affairs of 28th June 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments and current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!